EU+US Same ilevel - different health pool?

Mr Hunter

Banned
Why some hunters have more health than me in BGs? We are the same spec, same talents, same level, same ilevel range (my ilevel is even a little more), but my health is 6.864 and theirs 7.128 . How can this be? The pets no more giving you HP buffs, so where they get ~300 more health from?

Here a comparison -
This guy have more health , but its 25 ilevel
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/minahonda/Banamar/simple
and Im 27 with ~300 hp less.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Kaløyan/simple

What am I missing here?

Why some hunters have more health than me in BGs? We are the same spec, same talents, same level, same ilevel range (my ilevel is even a little more), but my health is 6.864 and theirs 7.128 . How can this be? The pets no more giving you HP buffs, so where they get ~300 more health from?

Here a comparison -
This guy have more health , but its 25 ilevel
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/minahonda/Banamar/simple
and Im 27 with ~300 hp less.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Kaløyan/simple

What am I missing here?

Your belt is leather, it has to be mail if you're a hunter.

Your belt is leather, it has to be mail if you're a hunter.
I`ll try with Mail belt, but I dont think this will make a difference. Most of the time Im using "Hallowed Helm" which is Cloth and my health is still 6.864.

I`ll try with Mail belt, but I dont think this will make a difference. Most of the time Im using "Hallowed Helm" which is Cloth and my health is still 6.864.

It's really screwy. But yeah, it's kinda dumb to use anything that isn't your armor type.

You should equip full mail gear, as others have already mentioned.

HEAD: Thelwater's Steelwoven Eyepatch If you've already completed this quest, and you don't have legion invasion helm, and you don't able to unlock the heirloom helms, and none of the GMs reset this quest for you, then you're screwed.
WRIST: the rare wrists from Crate of Battlefield Goods or Serra'kis Scale Wraps or Dark Lupine Wraps or Chitonous Bindings
HANDS: Deadly Serpentine Grips or Thorbia's Gauntlets or Slither-Scale Gauntlets
WAIST: Earthbound Girdle of Bandit (Monkey, Wild) or Slither-Scale Cord or RuneChain Girdle or Stormbringer Belt
FEET: the rare boots from Crate of Battlefield Goods or Stolen Guards Chain Boots or Silver-Linked Footguards or Pythas' Chain Boots or Slither-Scale Boots
Any other slots should be filled with mail heirlooms or legion invasion gear.
or
If you are too lazy, then buy scalemail set from Stormwind's merchant. Common gear also works, same hp in BGs. :)

Last edited:
what if pvp was just the beginning? you think they might just get rid of other stats altogether and just have ilvl? seems like that's they trajectory.

what if pvp was just the beginning? you think they might just get rid of other stats altogether and just have ilvl? seems like that's they trajectory.

Nah... It was done so people that had been PvPing for a while wouldn't beat up on people that were just getting into PvP. i.e. Geared people picking on non geared people. Gear is supposed the non-relevant in PvP. More about "skill".
Where as in PvE, gear is still very much relevant. Without it a player would never stand a chance. Some encounters are what we used to call "gear checks". Patchwerk is an example of a "gear check" boss. Very very simple mechanics, but requires a boatload of DPS and HPS.

/cheers

Yeah, it worked ;] I didnt know about the 'class set bonus'. I bought 'white' Mail items from a vendor in Stormwind and now my stats in BG are better. But now its more weird than before... Now I got more health than rest of the hunters with full Mail armor. Even the guys with the "rings" which ilevel is higher than mine , have ~50 less health.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_020517_180913.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_020517_180913.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 36
Nah... It was done so people that had been PvPing for a while wouldn't beat up on people that were just getting into PvP. i.e. Geared people picking on non geared people. Gear is supposed the non-relevant in PvP. More about "skill".
Where as in PvE, gear is still very much relevant. Without it a player would never stand a chance. Some encounters are what we used to call "gear checks". Patchwerk is an example of a "gear check" boss. Very very simple mechanics, but requires a boatload of DPS and HPS.

/cheers
but then why didn't they just go full guild wars 2 and eliminate it altogether? it doesn't make any goddamn sense to have a good idea on how to balance the game, implement it 95% of the way, then stop because the change is too radical.

i mean, it's not like it went over real well with the pvp crowd. is there any talk of going back to gear mattering? or going to 100% gear not mattering? either way would be better. or are they going down with this ship?

the pvp gear system introduced in legion is is basically like obamacare, a half-assed compromise, that no one likes. i'd have a lot of respect if they just scrapped it, and admitted that the experiment didn't go well.

i admit i'm a little salty because they killed twinking to bring on this change, and we gained nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread