EU+US Sad day then?

110 with Legion account can still queue with XP On ? And be with levelers ?

Yes, both 20s without a sub and 110s who don't have BfA still technically have XP ON and will get queues. 110 will likely stop getting queues with the next expansion.

110 will likely stop getting queues with the next expansion.
There used to be a fairly decent sized group of folks who made twinks that they'd simply play one expansion behind current content. They'd level when a new xpac came out and use free xpac trials to get gear.

Folks could always start doing that again. Play 110 now. Use any free "BFA trials" to get gear without leveling. When the next xpac comes out, level your toon to 120 and repeat the process.

110s should still get queues through one more expansion; until the level cap is raised. All that will happen with another xpac is that 110 will get rolled into the 119 bracket, but I wouldn't expect bfa to become free for at least two xpacs.

Yeah i know that but where are we right now on the timeline of BFA ? Do we know if 8.2 is the last patch or 8.3 ?

I honestly have no clue.

110s should still get queues through one more expansion; until the level cap is raised. All that will happen with another xpac is that 110 will get rolled into the 119 bracket, but I wouldn't expect bfa to become free for at least two xpacs.

The level cap is raised every expansion...

Based on the last few expacs - BfA will be rolled into the battlechest with the next expansion. 110 will be rolled into the 110-119 bracket and everyone will have BfA, raising the level cap for non-up-to-date players to 120.

The real unknown is the new level squish that might happen. That could change how so many things work. So hard to really speculate with much accuracy.

Has the free account level cap been raised every expansion? I honestly don't know, wasn't around after wrath until bfa. You're right about the level crunch making most guesswork pointless though.

I don't mean free subscription, I mean has the retail edition (without the freshest xpac) had it's level cap always trail by just one expansion?

The first battle chest came in tbc and included vanilla and tbc.
And I also don’t think there were any battle chest with vanilla, tbc and wrath when cata were the current expansion.
So that’s not true
I used "battle chest" as shorthand for "content available without buying current expansion" which I shouldn't have. Mea culpa.

Users who are viewing this thread