Playing BfA account 50 pvp twink?

• Total voters

zazzyfraz

GöDx
we're 4 days out from lvl 50 bracket officially becoming an xp-on twink bracket

are you going to play a level 50 BfA/battlechest account lvl 50 BG "twink"?

what faction and region will you be playing 50? Poll is attached, multiple answers enabled. post an armory if you feel like it.

if you have any questions about the bracket, or gearing, feel free to post them here or send to my inbox.

ive had a lot of fun in this prepatch doing bgs. the gameplay is rewarding for those who can utilize all of their classes strengths. its faster paced than before, and your gear doesnt make you a god mode unkillable twink in this iteration of base game capped pvp. its also pretty balanced

Last edited:
How many hunters are there?

I've played six BGs tonight and each time either my team or their team had 7+ hunters and it's all so very boring at this point and I want to try a different bracket that isn't completely aids.

are you going to play a level 50 BfA/battlechest account lvl 50 BG "twink"?

I would do it if they give a SL weekend and let you gear up in SL then go back to battlechest... but they stopped that i think.

I dont wanna raid BfA now any more than I raided BfA in BfA.

How many hunters are there?

I've played six BGs tonight and each time either my team or their team had 7+ hunters and it's all so very boring at this point and I want to try a different bracket that isn't completely aids.

in the horde community we only have like 3 hunters from legion still maining hunter, peak hours we have 20 members on.

thats more of an issue with general fotm atm, not just twinks trying to be the most op spec. on my hunter i still fear ret pallys and spriest.

@Warglave i dont think the current state of SL rares/treasures will make it, the items are too strong compared to dungeon journal and they show different ilvl when clicked from the chat box.

the raiding will be less of a thing as before. you can add a socket to any 8.3 content item with visions of nzoth farming. so with no titanforge you are just farming tertiarys on the items with good stats for you from the raid. i dont really need to do any raid content on my 3 toons, other than the last 2 bosses, cause i am geared with 130's from M+ dungeons with good stats. for me personally its just like my legion toon.. geared already and just needing SL engineering when its confirmed to work. 0 effort needed to gear other than the last 2 bosses in the raid, which has a skip to those 2 bosses, and they drop a mount.

i'll prolly que up to get 1-shot by you, and go back to the real XPOn bracket. :p
"no, im playin 20s because i dont have the skill/intellegence to play a twink with more than 6 spells"

*plays the bracket where MM is somehow even more fotm and 1 shot than it is in 20s*

funni

both my druid and mage are capable of the same burst, theres multiple ways you can counter a MM hunter with abilities also. in fact my hunter probably is the lowest chance of actually "1 shotting" someone, it just does alot of dmg in general, easily. my boomkin can shoot 4 16k surges in a row with good set up... mage can global in all 3 specs, etc. pallys literally can aoe 15k hit. dont jump to MM hunters being op cause you know about "aimed shot"

survival is completely viable too

cx.PNG
gs1.jpg
gs2.jpg
gs3.jpg
lolh.PNG
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
pyro.jpg
pyroo.jpg
xd.jpg

loll.PNG
bonus orb hit

i dont really need to do any raid content on my 3 toons, other than the last 2 bosses, cause i am geared with 130's from M+ dungeons with good stats.

Pretty sure I was in the 90's.... that's the depth of my interest in BfA. Like I said, if they wanna give me SL loot ill take it.

dont jump to MM hunters being op cause you know about "aimed shot"
It's the example that 20s players understand the most, that's why I used it. My boomkin was one shotting at 110 at the end of BFA, I am aware that all specs are capable of similar burst @ expac cap.

DH - Dinged 50 a few weeks before SL dropped. I never played BFA so i don't know what is BIS. Also looks like some of the Shadowland enchants I can use at level 50 don't actually give the full stats listed on the enchant - some of the BFA enchants are actually better despite listed as having lower stats or at least the ring one is. Any advice would be great especially as to what was BIS for DH in BFA.

Last edited:
DH - Dinged 50 a few weeks before SL dropped. I never played BFA so i don't know what is BIS. Also looks like some of the Shadowland enchants I can use at level 50 don't actually give the full stats listed on the enchant - some of the BFA enchants are actually better despite listed as having lower stats or at least the ring one is. Any advice would be great especially as to what was BIS for DH in BFA.
Are you trying to pvp or pve?
I decided to make a simplified step by step guide for a brand new bfa player, https://xpoff.com/threads/short-guide-to-a-day-1-first-time-50.95106/

but class specific stuff like stat priority or pve essence use for DH is unknown to me

I feel the both 50s & SL endgame will be a bust bc when you add all the “total” content (not just 1st quarter). It’ll be too much to do compared to those of us that haven’t done that particular content as of yet.

I’m currently about 1/2 way done doing the plate build in level 20 and yet I still need to do the mail, leather, and cloth builds (not including the other faction tbh). Which will probably take a couple of years under my belt if I’m going the same phase as I’m currently am.

Last edited:
The problem is that MM hunter two taps even in leveling gear. Anywhere from levels 10 to 60 lol.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the twinks community, but MM is flat out broken (numerically at least) atm, and stating otherwise is ignorant.

The problem is that MM hunter two taps even in leveling gear. Anywhere from levels 10 to 60 lol.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the twinks community, but MM is flat out broken (numerically at least) atm, and stating otherwise is ignorant.
Thankfully, MM is still mostly subjected to armor. You still take a ton of damage, but if you play armor heavy classes/specs it can really help against them, even moreso if you can use a shield to block. I still take a ton of damage from them, but I don't really get one or two tapped, at least in the 50s bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread