Rogues

c24nk

Does anyone think they will be better with the next patch? I saw em on a list, but i just don't know what kinda of changes, if any, they plan on making to the rogue. I only ask cause it's my favorite class but it's hands down the weakest class in the game early levels, so bad that it doesn't even make sense. For example; 5 combo points on a Sub builds eviscerate does 1/5 the damage a hunter can do with a simple, spammable attack.

TLDR = Rogues suck, any shot they get better next patch? Any insight at all.

All classes do 1/3 to 1/5 the damage hunters do

Don’t underestimate the effectiveness of being able to lock down enemy dps while having multiple defensives to mitigate damage/ escape. Skill cap is reasonably high right now for them.

Rogues are not topping charts, but I can name a worse couple of classes/ specs

Does anyone think they will be better with the next patch? I saw em on a list, but i just don't know what kinda of changes, if any, they plan on making to the rogue. I only ask cause it's my favorite class but it's hands down the weakest class in the game early levels, so bad that it doesn't even make sense. For example; 5 combo points on a Sub builds eviscerate does 1/5 the damage a hunter can do with a simple, spammable attack.

TLDR = Rogues suck, any shot they get better next patch? Any insight at all.
I don't know how much blizzard can buff rogues to the point where they deal "good" damage at lvl20 since alot of the things that make rogues absolute menaces at endgame are locked behind high level and comboing many skills together. Mostly in 20s they are good at harrassing enemies by CCing them and then hiding back to the shadows.

So i would say no, blizzard would never buff something low level to make it competitive at lvl20 because that would push things at higher level out of order unless they do another paladin level rework. Which even if they do so will likely take another patch at best.

I don't know how much blizzard can buff rogues to the point where they deal "good" damage at lvl20 since alot of the things that make rogues absolute menaces at endgame are locked behind high level and comboing many skills together. Mostly in 20s they are good at harrassing enemies by CCing them and then hiding back to the shadows.

So i would say no, blizzard would never buff something low level to make it competitive at lvl20 because that would push things at higher level out of order unless they do another paladin level rework. Which even if they do so will likely take another patch at best.

I dunno, I guess I was just hoping they'd scale the damage a bit better. Seems spectacularly low for a class who's sole purpose is DPS. I don't need all the utility and stuff, just a smidge more damage.

Each time I see Felstriker in my bags it makes me sad I have it on a shaman that now cant use it and not on a rogue :(

First thing they can do is remove the mastery split on mut rogues. No other class has there mastery split up like this. Sub had the same issue with half of there eviscerate damage being split by lvl ( before df) and now by talents ( Shadowed finishers) The other problem is any buff that would improve lvl 20 damage has a really good chance of making rogues obnoxious at max lvl. Although with the recent cc duration changes maybe they could add a bit more damage to builders/spenders? its a rough balancing act.

First thing they can do is remove the mastery split on mut rogues. No other class has there mastery split up like this. Sub had the same issue with half of there eviscerate damage being split by lvl ( before df) and now by talents ( Shadowed finishers) The other problem is any buff that would improve lvl 20 damage has a really good chance of making rogues obnoxious at max lvl. Although with the recent cc duration changes maybe they could add a bit more damage to builders/spenders? its a rough balancing act.

More damage to builders and spenders at the lower levels would be all we really need. PvP and level 20 twinking aside the class just feels bad in general at these levels. Would be a great change for everyone who touches the Rogue. Anyway I'm gonna try to stick with it, maybe once I get into some ilvl 87 gear it'll feel better. Hell maybe i'll sub and just lock him at 29, 39 or 49. I dunno yet.

Edited to strike out the 29, as the game would force me to 30 if I subbed.

Last edited:
More damage to builders and spenders at the lower levels would be all we really need. PvP and level 20 twinking aside the class just feels bad in general at these levels. Would be a great change for everyone who touches the Rogue. Anyway I'm gonna try to stick with it, maybe once I get into some ilvl 87 gear it'll feel better. Hell maybe i'll sub and just lock him at 29, 39 or 49. I dunno yet.

Edited to strike out the 29, as the game would force me to 30 if I subbed.
That and it's A well known fact all level 29 players are dogshit.

Rogue damage might not be the greatest but it could still put in work if played right. Odin and Dizzen both performed very well on the class, when it was lacking alot.
The spec performs well when you have a pocket healer every game that's true lol. You can solo dungeons if you get ooze as a rogue and have good gear though.

Users who are viewing this thread