Rogues Build

trumplord

Grandfathered
Everyone has there own opinion but i want to know what the best is and why Dagger in OH shadowfang in MH or double shadowfang we are talking about trying get alot of agi and yet the strongest ambush

Mainhand increases the ambush damage.

Offhand doesn't increase anything. It's a stat-stick that applies poisons. Since it applies poisons, the better offhands are going to be the faster ones.

Thus a dagger.

Use this for reference:

Original - Drenden

having a dagger equipped boosts damage of ambush by a %, having shadowfang in mainhand increases your top end damage on abilities. dagger's also have a faster attack speed, so having one offhand does increase poison applications like lenny said. i don't know how many times i've seen this question now, it's so common i feel like there should be a locked thread with a sticky explaining the damage etc. because i know people have done the math on it.

also, who the hell is this guy??? Domunique @ Frostmourne - Community - World of Warcraft

fuckin boss rogue.

having a dagger equipped boosts damage of ambush by a %, having shadowfang in mainhand increases your top end damage on abilities. dagger's also have a faster attack speed, so having one offhand does increase poison applications like lenny said. i don't know how many times i've seen this question now, it's so common i feel like there should be a locked thread with a sticky explaining the damage etc. because i know people have done the math on it.

also, who the hell is this guy??? Domunique @ Frostmourne - Community - World of Warcraft

fuckin boss rogue.

I'd assume that's Dom. Rather cool person.

I think I have them on btag, but I can never be sure.

ToV OH shit or what?

If you can't get goblin screwdriver, you can just use 2x shadowfang.

If you don't want to waste a shadowfang you can use theif's blade which is also 7 agility

If you want a dagger off hand, you can use WsG dagger (6 agi 3 stam and 1.7 speed) or ToV (6 agi 2 crit 2.0 speed)

ToV OH shit or what?

Generally speaking, take the 1.7 attack speed dagger over the 2.0 attack speed.

Poison Application contributes massively to your effectiveness, whereas a few more points of white damage will probably not.

Generally speaking, take the 1.7 attack speed dagger over the 2.0 attack speed.

Poison Application contributes massively to your effectiveness, whereas a few more points of white damage will probably not.

That's what i'm saying for years on TI but people still ask about it...

+ i don't agree with weapon switching in combat. It resets swing timers --> loss of dps.

As a Rogue:

- Shadowfang (slow Weapons) are better in the Main-Hand, to increase Ability Damage and Main-Hand Auto Attacks.

- Goblin Screwdriver/Daggers (fast Weapons) are better in the Off-Hand, Off-Hand weapons do less Damage, so Speed is more important because you want your Poisons and Enchants to Proc more, which ends up doing more Damage/CC/Dot's.

PS. Wielding Dual Shadowfang's only makes your Ambush a tad stronger, due to the +1 Extra Agility and the possible Shadow Damage Proc, It's not worth it in the end.

Also Trialkiller, My bad man I was just salty because you owned me that day, I was more mad at my failed mouse/key binds then you.

Also don't forget I'm not BiS I don't have 'Thrall's Gift Bracers'.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Rogue:

- Shadowfang (slow Weapons) are better in the Main-Hand, to increase Ability Damage and Main-Hand Auto Attacks.

- Goblin Screwdriver/Daggers (fast Weapons) are better in the Off-Hand, Off-Hand weapons do less Damage, so Speed is more important because you want your Poisons and Enchants to Proc more, which ends up doing more Damage/CC/Dot's.

PS. Wielding Dual Shadowfang's only makes your Ambush a tad stronger, due to the +1 Extra Agility and the possible Shadow Damage Proc, It's not worth it in the end.

^^ agree with this ^^

Users who are viewing this thread