Rogue weapons

Snack

Salty
As far as I can see most rogues run with Dazzling Longsword MH and Sword of Decay OH. Is this because of their incredibly slow speed? And are there any alternatives to these weapons?

Other way around. Sword of Decay MH and Dazzling longsword offhand.

iirc Having a fast offhand allows for higher proc rate for poisons and having a slow mh allows for higher white hits. outside of this rogue abilities scale a lot through weapon damage, both of which sword of decay and dazzling longsword are high in.

And dazzling Longsword's proc is GG.

Other way around. Sword of Decay MH and Dazzling longsword offhand.

iirc Having a fast offhand allows for higher proc rate for poisons and having a slow mh allows for higher white hits. outside of this rogue abilities scale a lot through weapon damage, both of which sword of decay and dazzling longsword are high in.

And dazzling Longsword's proc is GG.
Alright, do you have any alternatives?
I use Dazzling MH and loom mace OH. Consider this passive when putting dazzling OH.
They just gave slow weps a higher proc chance to even it out though. So you would gain the same amount of energy procs no matter how fast your OH is

Sword of Decay is the best MH weapon without question. Your raw Auto Attack / Special Attack damage will be the highest with it equipped.

As for OH weapons, there are arguments to be made about Dazzling / Midnight Mace / Shadow Fang / Blackvenom Blade

The Dazzling Proc is the single highest DPS increase available to all physical damage classes. That being said, the weapon does not guarantee a proc every fight and is essentially useless if someone else in your group is also using the weapon on a single target. Midnight Mace scales to 10 agility, which is a huge DPS increase for combat rogues. Shadowfang scales to 10 agility aswell (someone correct me if I am wrong), providing similar DPS increases. I believe BVB might provide the highest possible agility if someone knows its scaling.

As far as Combat Potency and Poison Procs, I think these are irrelevant to the discussion because of how trivial they are to DPS in a PvP enviornment.

From WoWHead: Combat Potency’s proc chance works as follows: Can be triggered by white offhand attack and main gauche hits (must land successfully). The proc chance is 20% for Main Gauche hits, and [20*OffhandWeaponSpeed/1.4]% for white offhand attacks. For those interested in the proc chances for rogue weapons: 1-hander (2.6) - 37.14%, for a dagger (1.8) - 25.71%.

The difference between a Dazzling and BoA offhand is a ~10% increase/decrease to combat potency procs. While this may help with special attacks, it is important to remember where the majority if your damage comes from: Melee Auto Attacks. If you don't believe me just run recount during a BG. Around 45% of your damage comes from autos for combat, which is why having a high DPS weapon (such as Dazzling) is really good for your DPS.

Similar arguments apply for poison damage, which is why it should be ruled out of the discussion.

TL;DR Auto attack damage is really important for combat rogue DPS. Use whatever weapons give you the most damage from autos.

A good way to gear a Rogue without any GF'd gear or really rare items (Green Lens of Agility, Unearthed Bands of Agility) is just to copy one of my 39s:

Bigmoranx @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

The only things worth swapping out are bracers for Emissary Cuffs of Agility and Ring of Vigorous Interruption for Charged Gear of Agility (both of which I haven't had the chance to grind).

Edit: And my current necklace for the lvl 28 WSG neck.

Are Sword of Decays really expensive for anyone else? I've seen them up once in a blue moon for like 50k. Luckily I got mine quite a while ago.

The hype over the 39 revival has definitely spiked their prices. Opportunists on BH have helped to inflate the market on those. I got lucky and scored one for cheap, but I see them going for 12k or more pretty much anywhere.

I have a 39 rogue with mallet of zul'farrak and vanquishers sword, would these be better then boa's dont really have any gold on the server he is on to buy dazzling longsword and sword of decay.

A good way to gear a Rogue without any GF'd gear or really rare items (Green Lens of Agility, Unearthed Bands of Agility) is just to copy one of my 39s:

Bigmoranx @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

The only things worth swapping out are bracers for Emissary Cuffs of Agility and Ring of Vigorous Interruption for Charged Gear of Agility (both of which I haven't had the chance to grind).

Edit: And my current necklace for the lvl 28 WSG neck.
How much HP does you rogue have scaled?

I know Dazzling Longsword isn't the highest Off-Hand DPS weapon BUT IMO it's always better to have Dazzling Longsword in off-hand because at 39's most chances are it will proc when in fights and 1 extra global that healer has to spend to dispel so that character can either smeld/guise stealth or w/e reason. With that global you have more time on target thus increasing chances it procc'ing again, which i'm sure some rogues would of noticed. - (Some cases it might not be able to be dispelled for w/e reason and that alone could make it your victory. Considering that, it can be OP as fuck). I know it might not always proc but in the end its more advantageous to have it then not. Aside from arenas when you know you don't need it against that other comp of course.

Edit: For combat of course, as it's best spec at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread