Rogue Stat Priority

PlayerKiller

Veteran
I was faced with the dilemma of ilvl 25 Blue boots with +2 Crit +5 Haste, and I have a pair of ilvl 23 Blue dungeon boots with 4 crit 3 haste . The 25's have a 1 stamina advantage so I am currently wearing them, but I question Haste's value on my little rogue.

Is this +2/-2 type stuff with Vers/Crit/Haste just splitting hairs or should I be aiming for ONLY 1 holy grail stat like pure Vers, agility, crit etc.

Any discussion would help probably.

thanks,

For boots I have a +7 pair of versitility crate ones, those are BIS imo. But you can also use a crate version of the quickblade. You shouldbe going for verse/crit. I try to get around 20 of each but without sacrifising much agility. There's really no way to do that without farming crate gear like I have done in almost all slots. For a starter rogue just follow the guide and use all the straight agility gear that's crafted. That way at least you'll hit hard but probably die 1v1 to most geared rogues.
[doublepost=1544579257,1544579055][/doublepost]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Shankngank

That's my rogue so far. It's missing the correct variant of weapons, which seem to never drop for me even though I see new twinks with them and it really triggers me, and I substituted defias gloves and belt for some stats for the extra set bonus armor. It seems to be doing about the same damage in openers as straight glass cannon rogues and it lives longer than 3 seconds. There's still a lot on it that can be upgraded but I figure it's pretty good so far.

My rogue is not fragile at all, he 1v1's anyone but does lose to geared druid's a lot as well as mages that are good at kiting, I only have so many anti-cc cooldowns and their burst dmg is stupid when geared.

Yeah I have been stacking Crit Verse on all pieces that I can so far, the boots I haven't found nice Vers ones yet, I would take those 7 vers ones in a heartbeat. I think tankiness is more important than glass cannon when you don't have a resident healer on your ass, like in all pub bgs haha.

Thanks,

More and more I think straight Vers is closer to agility than people think... vers increases the damage done by ele force and satyr, while agility does not- while also reducing damage taken. Which really sucks because I use a build with 168 base AP lol

I wouldn’t focus on stacking haste rn. Vers and then crit is too good and not worth losing to obtain those haste stat points.

Every hour and then like to do something different
I’ve stacked agil>Haste>crit
And I can say this lil guy goes off to the point where other 19 and even other brackets have built a haste set after dueling or seeing me
The haste makes my energy regen a lot quicker then other rogues + more ele procs = win
IMO baseline haste would be 15% for this build to be effective
I will say tho if I didn’t have the invasion gear, I’d probably stack agil>Verse>crit

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/krixd

More and more I think straight Vers is closer to agility than people think... vers increases the damage done by ele force and satyr, while agility does not- while also reducing damage taken. Which really sucks because I use a build with 168 base AP lol

I wouldn’t focus on stacking haste rn. Vers and then crit is too good and not worth losing to obtain those haste stat points.

AP (and therefore agility) does increase hidden satyr damage IIRC.

Regardless - 100% agree with verse being more valuable than it appears. Pure agility glass cannon is real easy to get and lets you kill EFCs without much gearing up, but most of the better rogues I know have transitioned to a more balanced build with adaptable/quickblade BG gear. Almost as much raw damage, but with higher survivability and verse.
[doublepost=1544593556,1544593028][/doublepost]
Every hour and then like to do something different
I’ve stacked agil>Haste>crit
And I can say this lil guy goes off to the point where other 19 and even other brackets have built a haste set after dueling or seeing me
The haste makes my energy regen a lot quicker then other rogues + more ele procs = win
IMO baseline haste would be 15% for this build to be effective
I will say tho if I didn’t have the invasion gear, I’d probably stack agil>Verse>crit

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/krixd

Haste is solid on paper, but it takes a long time for it to really come into play. Most rogues build towards finishing an enemy very quickly, ideally cheap shot into lots of damage to be able to finish before they can cast a heal or start kiting. Its a pretty short window of 6-8 seconds. Haste does almost nothing there. You don't regen enough extra energy in that time frame for an extra attack. You might get 1 extra ele force proc in that time.

If you're living longer and able to stick to a target that lives for a while (say, a disc priest who trinkets cheap shot and has bubbles and heals) - then the haste will come into play. And even then, verse should help you more than haste.

But thats the math side of things. Props to you for trying it and making it work.

Knew you’d like it mate ;) <3

Damn...17% Haste!

@ 6 % Haste my energy regen rate is 45 energy every 3-3.25 seconds (stopwatched it over 20 times)
@ 17% Haste you basically will regen 11% faster than me which is 50 energy per 3 seconds

Usually I aim for 2 Sinisters into a 2 combo pistol shot into Dispatch. This is 1200 dmg in 4 seconds on training dummy.

I need two of these rotation to take down a geared warlock lets say, thats 10-15 seconds in the real world.

So @ 17% vs 6% haste you get 1 free half cost pistol shot per 15 second exchange, about 100-180 dmg from the pistol shot, which can trigger another dispatch for 450+. I can see where an extra 10% haste would be gg, if you don't die, your advantage goes away as we all will have full energy in 6-10 seconds. but when the timer begins you may get an extra 300+ dmg every 15 seconds than someone with less haste.

I don't have any type of gear to hit 50 haste (17%) so I will have to stick at 6% for now. I think I like the balance my rogue has with 20% crit / 173 stamina / 13% Vers / 6% haste , 1730 hp. He is tanky and does about 1k - 1200 dmg bursts per rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread