Rogue enchant Reccomendations wanted

Sneakysob

Veteran
Im going to have quite a bit saved up bythe time Pvp drops. I have 2 zealot blades, 2 claw of shadowmancers, will be farming 2 torturing pokers, have 1 vendetta, outlaw sabre and am going to get 2 scouts blades once they are out. So with all these weapons, what to enchant them with? I know Fiery/crusader/lifestealing and +15 agil enchants are all great but im just curious what others choices for rogue enchants are.
Oh also im going to be popping back and forth from swords spec and dagger ammbush spec but will spend most of the time in dagger ammbush spec
Rattlegore classic server

+dmg on mh dagger, a zealot blade with every enchant (crusader, fiery, lifesteal, 15 agi) and 15 agi for offhand.

back in vanilla days zealot mh with crusader or 15 agi and sentinel offhand with 15 agi was my favorite. Gonna try fiery and lifesteal this go around too see how they compare, kinda depends who you're facing.

+dmg on mh dagger, a zealot blade with every enchant (crusader, fiery, lifesteal, 15 agi) and 15 agi for offhand.

back in vanilla days zealot mh with crusader or 15 agi and sentinel offhand with 15 agi was my favorite. Gonna try fiery and lifesteal this go around too see how they compare, kinda depends who you're facing.
I personally only think lifesteal is a useful enchant if your whole build revolves around it. Fiery is great in a lot of matchups, though. Crusader is probably just the best weapon enchant in the game if your character has any use for strength, so I'd use it as the "general purpose" mh enchant.

Vendetta OH with 15 Agility is probably BiS.

I personally only think lifesteal is a useful enchant if your whole build revolves around it. Fiery is great in a lot of matchups, though. Crusader is probably just the best weapon enchant in the game if your character has any use for strength, so I'd use it as the "general purpose" mh enchant.

Vendetta OH with 15 Agility is probably BiS.
I agree with mh crusader with zealot blade and offhand vendetta with 15 agi. Lifesteal was a popular weapon when crusader pops, or just double 15 agi. You can have it anyway you want it, man!

fiery and LS are the same enchant dmg wise, LS heals you also

+5 for MH ambush

crusader MH/LS OH you are seriously hard to kill

LS is 30 dmg 30 heal imo > than fiery...both 6ppm

years back we did dueling tests +3 wpn dmg was almost on par with fiery, dual +4/+5 dmg trounced fiery. fiery is still always a good and cheap to get into twinking, fiery actually became a serious enchant with some steatlh buff into WOTLK.

in 19s if you played in the era of holy priests, prot and holy pals using +55 healing enchant, plus some have heal anti roll back interupt talents, they will wear down a rogue, dual anything not crusader/LS or LS/LS

You should only need:
Zealot - Crusader
Zealot - 15 Agi
Vendetta - 15 Agi
Torturing Poker - 5 Dmg

Gearing: Combat / Ambush

LS is 30 dmg 30 heal imo > than fiery...both 6ppm

years back we did dueling tests +3 wpn dmg was almost on par with fiery, dual +4/+5 dmg trounced fiery. fiery is still always a good and cheap to get into twinking, fiery actually became a serious enchant with some steatlh buff into WOTLK.

in 19s if you played in the era of holy priests, prot and holy pals using +55 healing enchant, plus some have heal anti roll back interupt talents, they will wear down a rogue, dual anything not crusader/LS or LS/LS
I would be curious to see those tests run again, because my understanding was that conventional wisdom held fiery as the highest dps enchant available since it could crit. Obviously in a 1v1 situation, the 30 heal & 30 damage outweigh 40-60 damage, but I tend to frame things in terms of premade application, where a rogue's primary focus is burst damage.

Another little niche thing I remember is that lifestealing procs on any absorption shields didn't heal the player, which made it pound-for-pound worse than fiery.

Still, do I think crusader is the generally best choice.

from what i remember LS worked on bubble, and AGMs, same as fiery.

hpals and hpriests enchants that make them seriously hard to kill are still not in game +55 healing to wpn, will outlast a dual fiery and +15 agi rogue. dual LS and crusader/LS was way to go. also hard to kill was prot pals also, since in van wow were more intellect based

from what i remember LS worked on bubble, and AGMs, same as fiery.

hpals and hpriests enchants that make them seriously hard to kill are still not in game +55 healing to wpn, will outlast a dual fiery and +15 agi rogue. dual LS and crusader/LS was way to go. also hard to kill was prot pals also, since in van wow were more intellect based

not sure if Im reading right.

+55 healing is currently in the game.

15 agi isnt.

my bad on +55, i thought that was the AQ gated enchant, friend told me it's a +30 glove he is wanting. i know the timbermaw enchants +15/+25 are gated to later phases

You should only need:
Zealot - Crusader
Zealot - 15 Agi
Vendetta - 15 Agi
Torturing Poker - 5 Dmg

If we want to get nit picky I'd also include a zealot with LS. This would primarily be used vs mage FC in wsg (fiery is better fro ma damage per proc perspective but not vs fire ward). The idea is the give you the highest chance to output the most damage in a short span of time. You won't just be able to free hit a mage, this reduces the effectiveness of crusader since it's proc rate is halved compared to LS/fiery.

My preferred set up is:

Butcher (15 agi), WSG dagger (15 agi) - only use in duels vs melee
Zealot (LS), vendetta (15 agi) - battlegrounds, primarily vs mage FC
Zealot (crus) , vendetta (15 agi) - good for imp expose, killing healers and tank FCs

I'd rather hit a mage with double +15s than LS. One crit will do 3-4 procs worth of dmg. Better to keep leveraging your huge twink stats than go looking for dmg procs imo.

Funny you say that because that's actually how i ran my rogue :).

I think overall it trends similar to 60s PvE. the shorter the fight the better agi is vs LS/crusader.

Users who are viewing this thread