RIP Insane 10 twinks 2020-2020

Albino

Veteran
before the pre-patch i was kinda done with wow until shadowlands, but then these OPOP items came out and made these last 3 weeks some of the most fun i've had in wow in a LOOOOOONG time.
RIP 10 TWINK 2020-2020.png

twinks hate twinks
More to point, Twinks hate any Twink that has even 1 item that's better than what they have so they scream at Blizz to nerf it. Nobody wants to work for anything anymore. I can remember when it took weeks to complete ONE long ass Quest chain to get a super OP item for low(er) Level Twinks. Back before Flying or 2/3 person Mounts, before the Mount for your lowbies and you had to fucking walk everywhere at best +10% speed.

I remember farming for hours to get a (5) unique stack of an item that gave you a few SP for 10 minutes, or a certain Health-type item that basically healed you to full in 1 go that required, at that time, a VERY well geared 70 to help you with it. Better still, I remember Faction changing and completing another long ass Quest chain to get ONE BiS item that added like 2 Stats, then Faction changing back.

Twinking today has been ruined by ppl who just can't be bothered. Add to that, all the Looms make you essentially a sudo-Twink right out of the gate with literally zero effort.

At least farming TBC Dungeons for ~2% drop rate BiS items and BfA/Legion for the Socket/Tertiary proc gives you some sense of the grind we all used to go through.

More to point, Twinks hate any Twink that has even 1 item that's better than what they have so they scream at Blizz to nerf it. Nobody wants to work for anything anymore. I can remember when it took weeks to complete ONE long ass Quest chain to get a super OP item for low(er) Level Twinks. Back before Flying or 2/3 person Mounts, before the Mount for your lowbies and you had to fucking walk everywhere at best +10% speed.

I remember farming for hours to get a (5) unique stack of an item that gave you a few SP for 10 minutes, or a certain Health-type item that basically healed you to full in 1 go that required, at that time, a VERY well geared 70 to help you with it. Better still, I remember Faction changing and completing another long ass Quest chain to get ONE BiS item that added like 2 Stats, then Faction changing back.

Casual Twinking today has been ruined by ppl who just can't be bothered. Add to that, all the Looms make you essentially a sudo-Twink right out of the gate with literally zero effort.

At least farming TBC Dungeons for ~2% drop rate BiS items and BfA/Legion for the Socket/Tertiary proc gives you some sense of the grind we all used to go through.

100% agree. My favorite twink of all time, was my 39 paladin in TBC, i grinded Sunked temple on my 70 mage for weeks just to get the BIS BOE legs, they needed to be BOE so i could enchant them before sending them to the twink.

100% agree. My favorite twink of all time, was my 39 paladin in TBC, i grinded Sunked temple on my 70 mage for weeks just to get the BIS BOE legs, they needed to be BOE so i could enchant them before sending them to the twink.

While I think anyone's a sucker for buying into either side of the gatekeeper vs. nerfist arguments that keep flying around here, anyone who spent time grinding the hell that was old school Sunken Temple has my respect. May you find solace in your suffering.

anyone who spent time grinding the hell that was old school Sunken Temple has my respect.

that's where i started! on the very first char i ever made, fell in love w twinking right away and made my 2nd char to get to max.

back on topic, rip, being this op was really fun, but still glad it was temporary. good it happened, good it didn't last.
i just wish our new bis grind wasn't something so boring and easy as grinding out a few bc dungeons and piggybacking on botfarmed greens. doing daily rares for random upgrades was a more enjoyable grind and grounds for better bragging rights.

So far I've got my 10 Hunter and Pally in mostly full Socketed gear, still missing a few of the absolute BiS pcs (post nerf) and I can say 10's are still OP, just not God-Tier now. It's possible that certain Classes were gutted bad enough with the loss of high iLvL gear, it's taking me a long time to gear due to shit RNG of TBC drops so it'll be a while before I can re-gear all my 10's but I think we're still in the best place we've been since WotLK.

Nobody wants to work for anything anymore. I can remember when it took weeks to complete ONE long ass Quest chain to get a super OP item for low(er) Level Twinks. Back before Flying or 2/3 person Mounts, before the Mount for your lowbies and you had to fucking walk everywhere at best +10% speed.

Inferno Robe QUest took soooooooooooooooooo long

39 twinks in BC was some of best times ive ever had on this game. friday nights we had 30-50 twinks online in our guild. premades and wpvp raid groups.
[doublepost=1605698329,1605697992][/doublepost]
before the pre-patch i was kinda done with wow until shadowlands, but then these OPOP items came out and made these last 3 weeks some of the most fun i've had in wow in a LOOOOOONG time.View attachment 17556
my shamie. i started at 10 and realized that this was getting nerfed hard so i leveled in bgs with debuff. was insane solo queuing as a raid boss. so many hate mails in game and forums. loved it.
upload_2020-11-18_6-18-42.jpeg

39 twinks in BC was some of best times ive ever had on this game. friday nights we had 30-50 twinks online in our guild. premades and wpvp raid groups.
[doublepost=1605698329,1605697992][/doublepost]
my shamie. i started at 10 and realized that this was getting nerfed hard so i leveled in bgs with debuff. was insane solo queuing as a raid boss. so many hate mails in game and forums. loved it.
View attachment 17557

Your shamie is insane, i've played with him. Godly

Users who are viewing this thread