US RIP Apnea

Apnea

Legend
With heavy heart I bring you this news. I know 99.999% of you won't care a single bit but for the 0.001% of you that might, I bring this announcement.

I have to quit for now until the unforeseeable future.

I've lost my job and am borderline homeless in a week. I exhausted my savings safety net on a medical leave expenditure and got laid off shortly after returning to work. I'm at an all time low and have nowhere to turn. I'm typing this from my apartment's business center.

My presence in the community is at best under the radar, but I wanted to take the chance to thank my friends here who may have noticed my absence, and the friends that have been there hanging out with me since day 1.

I'll miss all of you, the good and the bad, and I hope I can catch up soon and get out of this hole.

Until I can figure it out, RIP Apnea. Keep this community great friends. Let the shit talking commence.

Bummer...
Surely your state has an employment commission that can help you out. Have you tried them?

Bummer...
Surely your state has an employment commission that can help you out. Have you tried them?

Totally, I filed the day I was fired. It takes nearly 2 months to complete though, so I'm in limbo until then.

Dude I was about to cry.

Love you man. Wish I were able to help out. Best of luck and you'll be surprised how opportunities arise when you least expect them to.

<3

You're one of the 0.001% who cares, thanks man. I'll be back. Just a super hard time right now that I have to sort out.l

@Apnea best of luck man, your a smart guy and where there is a will, there is a way, keep your head up, you will be in my thoughts <3

Awe that sucks Apnea. Don't really know you, but good luck! I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time :)

I always enjoyed your company in the gulch. As Conq said, you're a smart guy. I know you'll figure everything out and get back up on your feet. It won't be easy, but you can do it. I look forward to hearing back from you in the future. Take care friend '-'

Totally, I filed the day I was fired. It takes nearly 2 months to complete though, so I'm in limbo until then.

I meant to find another job. Dealing with the government is terrible.
Did you have an updated resume' before all this happened? You can create a LinkedIn account. Try monster.com, Indeed.com, Craigslist the local newspaper etc... I don't know if you live in a large metropolitan area or not. There are jobs out there! They may not be in your current field of expertise but you can work while you are looking for a better one. If you are a Veteran you can go to your VA too! Companies get tax benefits for hiring Vets.

Last edited:
Get your CV looking good and spend your days organizing interviews. Start at the bottom dude, right now u just need a job, it doesn't matter what it is. Took me 3 months to get a job last summer after I was fired.. I was being too picky.. just get a job, pay the bills, and then spend your evenings looking for something better.

Gl, hit me up when you get some free time for wow again. I'll definitely toss a few months of game time your way

Get your CV looking good and spend your days organizing interviews. Start at the bottom dude, right now u just need a job, it doesn't matter what it is. Took me 3 months to get a job last summer after I was fired.. I was being too picky.. just get a job, pay the bills, and then spend your evenings looking for something better.

Some companies like to see that you are actually working instead of just sitting around. Employers like to hire go-getters!
Being unemployed can be mentally tough on you too. Especially if you have been looking for a long long time.

Hope all goes well for you. Hate hearing things like this happening to anyone.

Best of luck. I'm sure things will work out! :)

You've always seemed to have your head on your shoulders, so I am sure you will be able to find a job again soon. We all go through these times where life seems to be at a standstill, but it goes on. You've probably been there before, anyway.

Stay strong man! Hope it'll turn out okay for you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread