EU+US Ribsplitter Farming

jwalling

Grandfathered
Not seeming to have much luck , been running the normal Dark Iron Ring Route but ive had 8 rings and yet to see a single ribsplitter? is there a route that would work better....?

Why is it only "of agility" people aim for, surely the Monkey / tiger would be good the same as the Dark iron rings?
Ring - Monkey is considered BiS
Weapon - Agility is considered BiS , is Monkey not viable?

@Glorifyd you must be talking about the 60 bracket? At level 70 the ribsplitter is only viable 'of agility' because it has better offensive stats than the 2nd best offhand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=28572/blade-of-the-unrequited
On a sidenote it seems your theory that tiger>agility would be false even for the 60 bracket. No agility class afaik prios crit over agi.
@jwalling The ribsplitter of agility is only BiS for a full glass cannon build (which imo is the best build for rogues). Getting more stamina (like of the monkey) on it would defeat the purpose and make blade of the unrequited better since you could gem stamina in that. Gems value stamina lower than other primary stats. That's why you have 15 stamina on gems but only 10 agi/int/str. The ribsplitters statpool values stamina and agility equally.

im looking at using for a windwalker monk, on stats alone i believe its higher dps even in monkey vs other weps?

you must be talking about the 60 bracket? At level 70 the ribsplitter is only viable 'of agility' because it has better offensive stats than the 2nd best offhand
Based on what it scales to at 60, yes. Scaling should remain equivalent in terms of how much you actually get for Split/Pure stats.

No agility class afaik prios crit over agi.
Except nearly every class/spec that uses Ribsplitters aims for 25-30% crit, then continues with Agi. The reason Tiger is better on Ribsplitter and Agi is better on Ring is because you get more scaling bang for your buck in terms of stats (again this is assumed@60 scaling is comparable to @70 scaling due to the way scaling works). Aiming for a soft cap on Crit does mean you prioritize Crit over Agi.

I should clarify that the stat list I gave is about Per iLvL values for the suffix's of the items, without taking any other 'build outlines' into consideration.

Last edited:
Except nearly every class/spec that uses Ribsplitters aims for 25-30% crit, then continues with Agi.
Why? I mean, I know there's a potential 50% (45% if you play a comp with critbuff) crit softcap for assassination since you don't have anticipation at our levels. Not that I think that softcap is worth going for, since it's so absurdly high.
But I'm not aware of crit softcaps existing for say ww or enh. In fact afaik crit is one of the worst secondaries for both those specs.

Users who are viewing this thread