Ribsplitter BiS?

Tchobii

Legend
I Have 1 Ribsplitter of Agility 60 Version ( 18 Agi, 6 stamina and 6 crit )
Is it any good at 60 or worth anything?

I dont play 60 too much, thats why i wanna know

for one handers i'd grab some wraith scythes, can't remember how good they are in BFA but they do keep their proc

it's currently bis for max agi, but is being nerfed to shit in bfa. if you want to agi stack in bfa, you'll want a max-scaled (ilvl 70 on live) Midnight Mace for mainhand. scaled (to 60) Shadowfang is another agi-stack option, but has less agi & is far more difficult to acquire. scaled (to 60) Blackvenom Blade is max agi overall, whereas Scout's Blade & Cobweb Machete are the easiest-to-acquire dagger alternatives

for armor slots, grab maximum gem sockets. if leather, use my 60 rogue as a guideline.
if you're agi stacking in bfa, you'll want scaled (to 60) boe items for the slots that are currently suffix gear (replace with scaled Ring of Precision, Ring of the Underwood, Falcon's Hook, etc.). proc gear for trinkets/ring/weapons are also an option & will remain fairly strong (if not outright bis) in bfa.
It will lose "of Agility" in pre-patch and will look like this:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=12527/ribsplitter
current suffix will also be converted to a random legion suffix (quickblade, aurora, etc.) on existing ribsplitters. new ones (i'm fairly certain at least) will drop without suffix entirely

Last edited:

Yeah :( Otherwise it would probably be BiS - you might still get a good price if the buyer doesn't realize it will get hit by the bat of nerf in pre-patch. I'd be tempted to put on the AH for a silly price and keep it there until pre-patch lands :)
[doublepost=1531409620,1531409397][/doublepost]
it's currently bis for max agi, but is being nerfed to shit in bfa. if you want to agi stack in bfa, you'll want a max-scaled (ilvl 70 on live) Midnight Mace for mainhand. scaled (to 60) Shadowfang is another agi-stack option, but has less agi & is far more difficult to acquire. scaled (to 60) Blackvenom Blade is max agi overall, whereas Scout's Blade & Cobweb Machete are the easiest-to-acquire dagger alternatives

for armor slots, grab maximum gem sockets. if leather, use my 60 rogue as a guideline. proc gear for trinkets/ring/weapons are also an option & will remain fairly strong (if not outright bis) in bfa

current suffix will also be converted to a random legion suffix (quickblade, aurora, etc.) on existing ribsplitters. new ones (i'm fairly certain at least) will drop without suffix entirely

That doesn't always apply - none of my old suffixed Uldaman gear has suffixes on the PTR or Beta, it gets converted to the current non suffixed version with indentical stats to current. RIP 15 sets of suffixed shoulders ... including some of the harder to get ones

Yeah :( Otherwise it would probably be BiS - you might still get a good price if the buyer doesn't realize it will get hit by the bat of nerf in pre-patch. I'd be tempted to put on the AH for a silly price and keep it there until pre-patch lands :)

That doesn't always apply - none of my old suffixed Uldaman gear has suffixes on the PTR or Beta, it gets converted to the current non suffixed version with indentical stats to current. RIP 15 sets of suffixed shoulders ... including some of the harder to get ones
that occurs for certain items, not all. ribsplitter retains a (converted at random) suffix, as do coffer rings/necks. yet, other items (Charged Gear, for example) are wiped entirely. no clue wtf blizz was thinking

Yeah there was a ribsplitter of agi lvl 60 on my servers ah for like 100k and I was just thinking about how its going to be nerfed into the ground on pre patch a shame.

Yeah there was a ribsplitter of agi lvl 60 on my servers ah for like 100k and I was just thinking about how its going to be nerfed into the ground on pre patch a shame.

well i picked this up for 2k today, so going try resell it X)

Items that if you looted them now would have suffix get a random one in BFA but ones that have gfd suffix lose there suffix completely in BFA

Items that if you looted them now would have suffix get a random one in BFA but ones that have gfd suffix lose there suffix completely in BFA

So the GF'd gear is basically worthless / same as can currently be looted - but some random piece of crap gear could suddenly become BiS and you have no input / control of it.makes sense. I sense a lot the tickets that are going to be generated already.

So the GF'd gear is basically worthless / same as can currently be looted - but some random piece of crap gear could suddenly become BiS and you have no input / control of it.makes sense. I sense a lot the tickets that are going to be generated already.
Yep seems to be the case... sadly

Yep seems to be the case... sadly

I'm tempted to spend some time taking screenshots of the suffix gear, and submit tickets for the ones that have a single changed primary stat to one useless for my spec. ( Things like the satchel cloaks that were "of Stamina" changing to Int + stats which happened to mine ) Don't suppose it will go anywhere but it will make me feel better :D

Users who are viewing this thread