Dismiss Notice
Hey there Anonymous! Now you can post on XPOFF without registering!

Rewind Level 70 Twinking

Discussion in 'Level 70-79' started by Healium, Mar 20, 2019.

Share This Page

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Healium

Healium Casual 70s

Hey dear ones, do you sometimes think of the old days when you started level 70 twinking? I do it almost every day and play it every day on my own private server. What was your favorite expansion for level 70 and what special moments would you like to see back?

I'll start, I started at the end of WotLk and had a break between the beginning of Cata and the middle of Cata. At the end of Cata I started again and played through the end of WoD Season 3 70. I would wish back the evening when I and my mate wanted to crack the 2.4 in 3s (MoP). This evening was extremely funny, because we lost the 2.4 with 2 points just because my mate had the internet child lock because of his little siblings :D. In general MoP was the funniest and best time I ever had in wow.

2. Fx

Fx Unnecessarily Rude

WoD 6.2.3 (S3) had some of the best overall balance at lvl70 for arenas, while also having the most interesting gearing options by far, with all items you could feasibly obtain as lvl70 being potentially useful thanks to the scaling that was applied in arenas/bgs.

While Ferals were effectively Prot Pala 2.0, games were very enjoyable and fast-paced, with plenty of room to outplay people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gucciyo

Gucciyo Veteran

I liked when mages still had deep freeze

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. discodog

discodog Member

didnt play when 70 rog had cloak but that seems like a game changer

5. Blackberryy

Blackberryy Those peanut butter vibes Administrator

Wotlk \ cata
    Arp combat rogue and blood dk. Into cata 22k eviscerates
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 21, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 21, 2019 ---
    Yes, rogue with cloak is why most people that don’t play rogue in the 70 bracket hate them

6. Cloudieqt

Cloudieqt Member

I started with rogue in Vanilla.
    I started to twink in the end of TBC. I love WoW but... I like more real life and girls (now==> family ^_^).
    And be twink was/ is the best solution.

@Fx
    Never seen a real balance within all classes/ specs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    Healium

Healium Casual 70s

8. Blackberryy

9. Dreams

Dreams saved

who said it was?

10. Blackberryy

@Dreams

11. Dreams

Dreams saved

Saying an expansion had the best balancing is not necessarily saying it had good balancing :)

12. odyne

odyne Grandfathered

Started 70 twinking in cata and it was a lot of fun. A lot of multi glad/multi rank one players were in the bracket so the competition was highest. Very fast paced version of the 70 bracket too in cata. Most quit end of cata though so 70 arena unfortunately became a bit of a joke since mop :/

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Zoke

Zoke Member

all im gonna say is: i miss the talent trees

• Like Like x 1
  14. Symandria

Symandria Veteran

My favorite was definitely throughout WotLK and early Cata. During Wrath there was the biggest player base, in part because not everyone upgraded to Wrath so you had an extra set of people around. Cata added tinkers which were fun : P I loved having 480 INT on a 1 minute CD, I was so happy to pass 10k DPS burst in raids back then. Also back then we had actual rated Arenas, not just wargames and that was good fun but a smaller scene, Tazzic's Shocker was a beast. Cloak of Shadows was good, but only lasted a few seconds, far less crazy than paladin shields.

More recently during Legion 70 Twinking was a lot of fun as well, but for a very different reason. There were many classes that were so powerful heroics and wrath dungeons could be soloed with various degrees of difficulty, and I enjoyed the challenge : ) I was able to clear Kara, all Heroics, and all accessible dungeons (before they scaled LK and everything in that xpac became available, I touched a few but didn't get around to them all.)