US Returning from MOP, Questions

Alkir

Grandfathered
Hello all, I haven't played WOW since MOP and looking at the new armory, clearly a lot has changed. I guess my questions are.

1. Is my gear still viable?
2. Are the armory examples BIS examples or general templates?
3. Whats the most OP class right now?
4. Anything items I can grab?
5. Hows PVP and duels? Arie Peak was supposedly the most populated server for f2p and I was wondering if that was still true.

Armory for my two mains:
Rogue: Alkir
Hunter: Makin

Somethings to note:

Back in the day there was an exploit where f2p could act like P2p accounts so thats why my rogue has enchants that it really shouldnt lol.

Also transmogs, my rogue and transmog blessed blade but my hunter cant transmog the bow?

1. No
2. The armory guys are usually pretty lax letting people on it so no they are not all bis.
3. Druids, Hunter, Shaman,
4. Do all quests you can, see what epics you get then get satchel stuff and bg crate items to fill in the gaps. On a rogue and hunter there is also some epics you have to farm.
5. PvP is alive and well, not sure about the dueling scene, I imagine its pretty dead for pure f2ps. There are still some people on AP but its not what it used to be. Most f2ps are gone, vets are the new game in town.
6. Do you mean the legendary bow from Sunwell? You can only transmog vanilla appearances below level 58.

1. No
2. The armory guys are usually pretty lax letting people on it so no they are not all bis.
4. Do all quests you can, see what epics you get then get satchel stuff and bg crate items to fill in the gaps. On a rogue and hunter there is also some epics you have to farm.
5. PvP is alive and well, not sure about the dueling scene, I imagine its pretty dead for pure f2ps. There are still some people on AP but its not what it used to be. Most f2ps are gone, vets are the new game in town.
6. Do you mean the legendary bow from Sunwell? You can only transmog vanilla appearances below level 58.

yea pretty much this, aerie peak still this has some stragglers but the f2p addon is dead, if ur looking for people to group with its not the realm to go to now,
do u know the difference between f2p and veterans? cause if u got a higher lvl toon with some old enchanting skills, or even some gold, u can get a couple a days of game time and send the new toon that will stay 20 a bunch of enchants, when sub runs out u stay 20 keep enchants, if u do this make sure u keep xp on when sub runs out , if its off it wont let you que bgs

for example
f2p priest:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/aerie-peak/Melabeari
veteran priest:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/fenris/melkorblin

All your questions have already been answered but worth noting that rogue considered vet because you have elemental force.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. No

Is there anyone you could recommend that have BIS for Druids, hunter, shaman but vet and f2p?

Definitive BiS isn't really a thing anymore @OP. Run fang set on druid and you'll be A-ok.

f2p druid needs armor kits and adaptable wrists is only bis for swag.
That f2p shaman looks a day old
The vets are pretty spot on.
wasnt asking for your input, nerd but you sound jealous.

Im just trying to help a dude out. Makes it easier to see the difference between f2p and vet when you got two toons built with the same approach to gearing.

wasnt asking for your input, nerd but you sound jealous.

Im just trying to help a dude out. Makes it easier to see the difference between f2p and vet when you got two toons built with the same approach to gearing.

Its not for you its for him. The fact that he wanted to know if the armory lists were for bis only or not tells me he wants to know whats BiS not whats okeyish enough to get on an armory list. So just letting him know whats wrong with your sets if he decides to follow 'em.

I'd link him my hunter and druid but they're not much better than his so maybe I am jealous.^^
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/aggramar/Dashade
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/spinebreaker/daßh

Imagine thinking stats > swag...

Save your sassy asides for your windowless bars.

Last edited:
Its not for you its for him. The fact that he wanted to know if the armory lists were for bis only or not tells me he wants to know whats BiS not whats okeyish enough to get on an armory list. So just letting him know whats wrong with your sets if he decides to follow 'em.

I'd link him my hunter and druid but they're not much better than his so maybe I am jealous.^^
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/aggramar/Dashade
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/spinebreaker/daßh

Save your sassy asides for your windowless bars.

your inability to let go of +1 armor kits is tedious and your assertion that aurora > adapt for a f2p is debatable. You offered nothing to the op other than being your usual pedantic self.

your inability to let go of +1 armor kits is tedious and your assertion that aurora > adapt for a f2p is debatable. You offered nothing to the op other than being your usual pedantic self.

Yes, you know what is wrong with your druid, I was just letting him know. What is talks of bis if not pedantics? You could go out in wsg like a rich black guy, all whites. If you have fun doing it nobody is going to stop you. But since OP has not made a reply for awhile I am going to sit back until he clarifies if he is looking for BiS or general template as he called it.

Users who are viewing this thread