EU+US Returning 19 rogue, need some info :)

Dissector

Grandfathered
Hello!
I am a returning player looking to do some casual BG twinking as a 19 rogue.
I played last year after legion dropped, but I need your help to catch up.

Please answer some of these questions if you know the answers, you'll have my deepest thanks.
Questions:
1. Xp-off are queued against Xp-on now, correct?
2. Stats are based off of item levels now, correct?
3. If so, how much does item level effect stats?
4. Do white items count towards average item level?
5. Do enchantments do anything on armor?
6. Do enchantments do anything on weapons?
7. Are any professions worth maxing?
8. Are Trinket effects usable?
9. Does weapon speed matter?
10. Any other things/tricks I should know?

If you know any of these answers, or have anything to add to other people's answers, please let me know in a reply so I can get back into this community.

Thanks all!
Dissector

1) Correct.

2) Correct.

3) Barely matters at all, small overall stat boost, as long as you have a piece of gear in every slot you are fine.

4) Yes, but it doesn't really matter. See above.

5) Pretty sure no armor enchants work anymore in BGs, if any do they aren't game changing, or even worth mentioning. And they're probably banned from competitive play.

6) A select few weapon enchants work, but again, they aren't game changing, or even worth mentioning. And they're probably banned from competitive play.

7) Not for BGs, I could see some having use in PvE.

8) Again, no use in BGs. AGMs are only worth having if you're a duel try hard now, the grind for them is not worth getting for BGs, and the Fishing Trinket has a higher iLvl anyways.

9) Yes but it's not a massive difference, and it depends on the class / play style / preference.

10) It's easy to see who is playing good and bad in PuGs now, so do your best.

Last edited:
1) Correct.

2) Correct.

3) Barely matters at all, small overall stat boost, as long as you have a piece of gear in every slot you are fine.

4) Yes, but it doesn't really matter. See above.

5) Pretty sure no armor enchants work anymore in BGs, if any do they aren't game changing, or even worth mentioning. And they're probably banned from competitive play.

6) A select few weapon enchants work, but again, they aren't game changing, or even worth mentioning. And they're probably banned from competitive play.

7) Not for BGs, I could see some having use in PvE.

8) Again, no use in BGs. AGMs are only worth having if you're a duel try hard now, the grind for them is not worth getting for BGs, and the Fishing Trinket has a higher iLvl anyways.

9) Yes but it's not a massive difference, and it depends on the class / play style / preference.

10) It's easy to see who is playing good and bad in PuGs now, so do your best.
Thanks alot for your input!!

I'm going to disagree with a few of Pitter's points. Alchemy/Engineering are still useful in bg's, for the elixirs/pots/ability to use some of the engi stuff, even some bombs. Weapon speed DOES make a massive difference, at least until the 7.3 come live. The difference for melee classes in dmg with BiS weapon and 3rd/4th best might be as big as 30/50/100 dmg per spell, depending on class. There are a few threads with info about changes in the upcoming patch, such as https://xpoff.com/threads/7-3-ptr-weapon-changes.73468/ For arms BiS weapon is heirloom axe because of it's 3.8 speed. For rogue BiS mainhand is Jagged Wing Slicer for sub/ass, Replica movie mogs for outlaw if you have them, Heirloom sword if you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread