Retail Twinking still a thing?

Heya peeps,

Been away a while and wanted to see if it was possible to play 19s still in retail? I have a few built toons on my account and would love to play um. Is everyone just playing on classic wow to twink? What's the scene like?

Possible? Yes. Happening? No.

Blizzard re-segregated ques, so playing 19s would require a population dedicated to queuing at specific times or organizing wargames. That population seems to be playing classic.

20s are the only retail twinking happening right now, owing to not having a sub being counted as having "XP on"

Okay, cool thanks for the update! Are you saying only F2P is getting Qs? Or paid retail accounts with xp off is also getting pops at 20?

110 on legion capped account. you can also party sync into any bracket and half ass twink with consumables.

How did that work out? I remember reading about it in patch notes ages ago and forgot abouit it......

edit -im guessing you just get scaled similar to the legion sysem and your gear doesnt really count for shit?

you can try lvling twinking .. twink with your xp on .. i am doing that at the moment in every bracket .. but most of the time i am in 10-19, i am using only mm hunters, all you need is greens (with max versa stat on them) for all slots, BOA trinkets, and get the parachute cloak and engin helm, max enchant all of them (pants need a LW to help you) .. anything that has versa should replace your BOA pieces .. you will 1 shot most players, and 2-3 shots players even when they have 1+k health, you should get ready your greens well in advance before you create a toon cos it is not easy to assemble a set, i get ready the gears at lvl10, lvl12-13, lvl15-16, and at lvl17 they are using both fang and slither sets (gotten before they reached lvl17), in my case, i get them a full set of lvl20 fang and slither set even before they reach lvl20, i will prepare each toon such that they enter the last 10-19 bg with very little xp and ding 20 soon after entering, change to full set of lvl20 gears and have a good time

how to slow down your xp gain, use Q Specific instead of queueing random, wsg gives the least xp gain, each flag cap is about 1 bar increment, if you meet some other lvling twinks they sometimes hold on to flag without capping, so you can farm the bg all you like till the last 10 seconds, after that you leave bg as a deserter

create a few toons at the same time, so when you get the 15 mins deserter penalty you can log into another toon to play .. lvl10-19 is the easiest to do this, i skip lvl20-29, during 20-29 i run dungeons (i think about 4 dungeons and you get over this bracket, with your full BOA and anniversary 15% will speed up even more), get the dungeon reward bag, dont open them, keep them, once you hit lvl30, gear slither and fang set again and open those dungeon rewards, then sync into 10-19 bg to play, and you can repeat what you did when you were lvling 10-19

in some realms, elixir and food mats are hard to come by, so you need to figure that out how to do it, and also you need a lot of saltwater and 3rd wind pvp potion, each of my 10-19 hunters uses about 20 stacks of salt water plus 8 stacks of 3rd wind, on average .. and you might need some gold to do your enchants, if you do not enchant them yourself, buying them from AH is costly, especially the weapons and rings enchants .. dont forget your glider kit and swiftness potion

lvl19 Bracket 1.jpg

Any examples of outright broken happenings on anything?

this is whats happening in 10-19 everyday, some days the hordes have twinks, some days its the ally .. but this particular one is special .. zero death for alliance, everyone gets over 150 HK .. all because twinks were on the ally side

@Merlin

queue for bg, when queue pops, invite player with xp locked into your party to get 5 min debuff

enter bg

you have 95% reduced xp for the first 3:30 of the bg. Will extend your toons playtime a little.

Users who are viewing this thread