Ret paladin gearing

Discussion in 'Level 30-39' started by Adeimantus, Nov 7, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Adeimantus

Adeimantus Veteran

Any idea about how much haste I should be aiming for?

2. momus

momus Member

all u can get?

3. Guccifarts

Guccifarts Member

Pretend you’re a warrior

4. Taofight

Taofight Member

Zero if you want.

You are not a warrior you do way more ranged damage. So haste is wasted in part on melee swings. It's way more enjoyable to see crits more often imo. Vers and str is very good because of healing.

5. Lamma

Lamma Member

Ok at 39 u can get 20% haste and 20%vers aim for that, bc If u know ret u know that haste reduces CD on abilities. So you can get 1-5sec off some abilities depending on your haste that means more holy power and more damage, crit is a good choice but not the best in my opinion because of how slow its gonna feel compared to when having the haste. Plus faster off heals xD. [Also can get 20%crit and vers]

6. jwl

jwl Veteran

Is the thread for Holy paladin? Or was "Ret" a typo?

7. jwl

jwl Veteran

Not a troll, you just mention a holy paladin when the OP is clearly looking for help with ret.

8. jwl

jwl Veteran

Common sense would inform you to not refer a Holy paladin* on a thread regarding ret.

Next

9. Geekz

Geekz Veteran

The intent was that Train is a good enough paladin to make holy viable therefore he knows the class very well. Probably not as clear as it could have been but no need for anyone to get nasty.

10. jwl

jwl Veteran

Just because someone is knowledgeable / skilled with 1 spec doesn't confirm that they are knowledgeable / skilled their alternate specs.

Also, not getting nasty, just correcting someone.

Still waiting for that explanation!

Anyways, I'll contribute to the conversation at hand.

Haste lowers GCD - So stack as much as you can & dont be afraid to sacrifice versatility.
    If you feel like you're losing raw damage just weapon swap and stack crusaders to compensate for the stat loss.

11. jwl

jwl Veteran

Yet you refer to him as credible by mention his ability to play Holy, on a thread regarding Ret paladins?

I play every bracket, both factions bud. I can link 3-5 GF'd 39s if I wanted to lol

12. toskosa

toskosa Member

i dont play ret at 39 but just lvling one through wouldn't haste be your best bet? having none while lvling to 49(not finished yet) feels pretty unpleasant

13. Lamma

Lamma Member

Can you not be obnoxious, please and thank you. We don't need little kitty fights he just put his input in no need to start WW3

14. Skrubform

Skrubform Veteran

weird.. i did the same yet you eknight for him? simple statement was train plays a nasty pali in all specs and has a pretty good reasoning why he specs the way he did. Maybe go back and re-read who actually attacked who.. Still stand by my comment though. Talk to train and ask him about his reasoning he may give you a more explained reason why.