RET at 39

Camperbob

Veteran
Hello! I've finally aquired a PoD and wondering how retribution is at 39? Is it worth trying or is the Doom best suited on a warrior? Thanks!

I'd recommend Warrior personally, but I've only played Warrior. However during BC we had a beast PoD Paladin in the guild who I teamed up with and dueled a ton.

I don't think you would be disappointed with a Ret, they can roll face for sure, and have plenty to offer outside of just burst, but in terms of how much mileage you're getting out of the PoD a Warrior has the best returns imo.

Ret also loses to Warrior most of the time, and although everything struggles against Rogues, Ret is even harder.

Especially with Intercept Warriors have a fairly dynamic kit at 39, and there's no better way to leverage it than with a PoD.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. My main is a warrior and Im thinking I'll make a 49 warrior and go with ret here. Just looked a BC talent tree too, they look amazing so my twink will only get better with time.

Merry Christmas all! Anyone else have some feedback on how rets perform At this bracket and if it's worthy of a PoD?

Pretty sure ret got some buffs in BC when they went to both factions... I wouldn't go by BC experiences.

edit- saw a classic 39 ret PvP vid made recently, and he seemed to do well using that lolepic 2h sword that no one wants, maybe look that up. "Wasting" a PoD on something you're not 100% on seems like a difficult decision in my head... but I aint got one.

I used to play 39 reckoning pala with POD, pretty crazy dmg. Plus freedom, bubble, BoP and heals. Can 1 shot 60 clothies if you have fiery + frost oil

Ret with a pod owns, I used to play warr with pod from vanilla into bc, bout mid way thru bc into wotlk I changed to Ret pally, hardly ever played my ally warr after that, played my horde one still but man that pally was a beast. Tidal + iron nades + HoJ fuck u could smash some face, chain the stuns right for that extra judge damage. I know pallies in vanilla are right abit different than bc and wotlk but like u say hell only get better if that stuff gets released

Yeah, well I'm already somewhat invested so I'll probably finish him but try with lumbering ogre axe and a nightblade. And if it feels decent enough to give the axe to I will. Otherwise I'll just make a little gnome warrior.
[doublepost=1577349069,1577348994][/doublepost]
Ret with a pod owns, I used to play warr with pod from vanilla into bc, bout mid way thru bc into wotlk I changed to Ret pally, hardly ever played my ally warr after that, played my horde one still but man that pally was a beast. Tidal + iron nades + HoJ fuck u could smash some face, chain the stuns right for that extra judge damage. I know pallies in vanilla are right abit different than bc and wotlk but like u say hell only get better if that stuff gets released
Sweet yeah sounds like good fun!

And yea outofspace is kinda right warr is probably best option for PoD but man pally wouldn't be far behind I'd slap a pod on a pally b4 I put one on a shammy
[doublepost=1577349481,1577349131][/doublepost]Currently making a ally on oceanic ( Arugal) I'll go ret for abit with a LoA but will eventually change to healadin once I get my kit sorted not having much lucky with eagle greens

Man the first 5 points in ret suck.

5/5 Imp Blessing of Might gives 17 AP (thats over +1 dps!)
5/5 Benediction cuts 10 mana off Seal of Command (wow!)

You definitely want Sanctity Aura / Pursuit of Justice, but you're probably better off running concentration* if you have even one caster in your group in range. PoJ is practically mandatory because all you can really do as ret is run at people with BoF or FAP.

Last edited:
Does PoJ stack with minor speed in classic like it does with everything in retail? Even tho the tooltip says otherwise?

Does PoJ stack with minor speed in classic like it does with everything in retail? Even tho the tooltip says otherwise?

Does not stack.

Users who are viewing this thread