Resto Shaman Help please!

Deesick

Legend
Healing power or Intell?

Talent builds?

Thoughts from other people who have played Resto?

Advice and tips?

Have not played a healer so any and all advice would be helpful!

Thanks,

Bamm

Talent build that I would use, flex points are any concerning Mana cost, but the rest are pretty crucial. You could also pick up the +hit talents depending on your playstyle.

Gear loadout that I consider BiS but it does depend on how you value Int vs Spellpwer.

Talent build that I would use, flex points are any concerning Mana cost, but the rest are pretty crucial. You could also pick up the +hit talents depending on your playstyle.

Gear loadout that I consider BiS but it does depend on how you value Int vs Spellpwer.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with the talents as I was thinking it was pretty important to have points in Ancestral Knowledge and Improved Ghost Wolf as utility is key. I wasn't really going for strong heals but more longevity and survivability. I'm not even putting points in Improved Healing wave as I planning to be using Lesser in most situations. My thought was that if I was in a situation where I needed to use a healing wave, I'd have an extra .5 seconds. Could be wrong though.

I also thought your mana pool was more important than your healing power for Shamans hence the points in Enhance.

I went for this

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman/-50002-0500505100421

What are the reasons behind your build?

Well my main reason to not go into Enhance is for the +10% healing you get from 6th tier Resto, Imp Healing Wave is situational sure, but it beats 5% reduced Mana cost on healing spells only. If you do want to go hybrid, Ancestral Knowledge is unfortunately pretty horrible. 1% Mana per point is netting you less than 2 Intellect - Shield Spec is a far better talent imo.

This is what I would go with for a GW Resto build.

imo you should stam/int stack so a lot of the green pieces go of the eagle and all enchants should be stam, think of yourself as a tanky healer because if the other team has good players they will target you and +healing gear is nothing if you get wrecked everytime. more survivability more heals you can dish out!

imo you should stam/int stack so a lot of the green pieces go of the eagle and all enchants should be stam, think of yourself as a tanky healer because if the other team has good players they will target you and +healing gear is nothing if you get wrecked everytime. more survivability more heals you can dish out!
Thats how i see it aswell as soon as i see someone healing ally side thats target number 1 everytime, only class i would think about going hvy +healing is pally because they have lots of utility + mail + shield , tank as

Yeah when it comes to cloak, bracers, and gloves you can go with whichever you fancy. Those three slots are the only ones though, and shammies actually have really favorable spell coefficients on their heals, so I wouldn't hesitate to take either Eagle or Healing personally.

Users who are viewing this thread