[Resilient Victory] AP Alliance (Sunday 7PM Server Time)

lofi

Legend
NOTICE: Due to WSG weekend and long AB queues, this event has been postponed until Friday, May 18 7PM (AB weekend).
-----------------------------------------------

WHO:
All Alliance F2P players.

WHAT: [Resilient Victory] achievement (part of [Master of Arathi Basin])

WHERE: We will organize on Aerie Peak Alliance side in chat, as well as TI vent.

WHEN: Friday, May 18 @ 7:00 PM server time (Pacific time zone)

HOW: We will all single-queue at the same time for AB. We will do a countdown in chat and on vent.

STRATEGY:

• Explain to everyone what we are doing in BG chat, before the game starts.
  • Do not cap any nodes until an announcement is made in chat.
  • Do not defend any captured nodes, however we should defend 1-2 uncapped nodes.
  • Let the horde cap up to 4 bases, as 5-cap is too risky.
  • Work in groups to control the Horde population and avoid dieing.
  • At 450 resources, we may cap 1-2 nodes (stealthers should get ready).
  • At 500 resources, capture any remaining nodes, and push them back to their spawn.

Note: The strategy is subject to change, listen to instructions in-game or on vent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan to sign on Lofi by 6:30 and vent by 6:45 to start organizing. I appreciate anyone willing to help.

If the queues are longer than 30 minutes, we may queue for WSG as well.

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best strategy for this letting horde cap 4 bases, then attempting take control of the bases without actually capping the flags. I'm more than willing to simul queue on Duke, and to help organize it in vent. Cheers.

Its lolz when you have to organise these things on A side when H does/tries this every series of AB premades.

And Url is right, that tactic might work best. The only issue what could happen, is the fact they take Stables and you get 5 capped when having to much scrubs.

What H usually does: Sit Farm/road to BS, control that. Sent out Rogues to GM & Stables. Hit LM & BS very hard at around 500. Cap Farm, cap GM, Stables. Now you instantly have about 5 bases, making Alliance all spawning at their GY. LM & BS should rush GY asap now while GM slowly moves in. Most important part is that you GOT to take GM and Stables some seconds earlier.

I have this achievement Achievements - Game Guide - World of Warcraft and I am playing on EU servers... in the PUGosphere.. My third try was succesfull.. All you need is to check if you have well geared teammates with some brains and to check if the opposite team is not so powerful. I used the bg chat to explain them what I am up to... We waited the 500 res advance at ST.. and We Had It All Along *cough*

SS after I get back from the office

EDIT :

Last edited by a moderator:
like others suggested -> only way to get this done is by having 1 base
if u let them have 5 bases, there are slim chances you'll fail achi since its just seconds away from loosing when they have 5 bases

Mialo explained it very well, no need to double his post.
gl in getting this achi!

like others suggested -> only way to get this done is by having 1 base
if u let them have 5 bases, there are slim chances you'll fail achi since its just seconds away from loosing when they have 5 bases

Mialo explained it very well, no need to double his post.
gl in getting this achi!
No, you let the other side take four bases but don't take your own final base. Either farm or stables is easiest to defend, since you have your spawn close. It doesn't hurt to ninja but make sure they can cap back again. Also, stealthers laying in wait at the other bases is a good idea. At just before 500, you cap ST or farm, because it takes a minute to actually cap and gather resources. Then at 500-0 you play seriously and four or five cap them for the quick win.

I did mine during an AB weekend when pops were fast and the same people were queueing and into the idea of not capping ST and getting the achievement. Several attempts, 3 deaths, 35 KBs and 5 flag defends later, the achievement was complete. It requires your team not completely suck, and it helps if theirs does.

Talbuks are obtained both through quest items and PvP, and also from rep farming and gold. The only F2P talbuk item is the cooking recipe to cook them. What talbuk might you be aiming (questing) for? I can't imagine anyone being all that jealous of a cooking recipe.

Reminder that this is starting in 20 minutes! If for whatever reason we aren't successful tonight, we will reschedule for the next AB weekend.

Due to WSG weekend, the AB queues are exceptionally long (57 min right now).

As such, I am rescheduling this event for Friday, May 18 7PM Server Time (AB weekend).

Users who are viewing this thread