Research study on online games effect on loneliness and isolation.

Arvidqvist

Hello XpOff! I'm an old-time twinker mainly from the 19 and 39 bracket. I tried to get my old account back (emetophilia) but my last login was in 2012 and i dont remember password or what email i used (if mods can tell me the email that would be great). I havent been playing wow in the last couple of years but it's nice to see that the twinking community is still going strong!
I'm currently finishing my bachelors in game design and as a final thesis i'm writing about how online gaming have affected loneliness and isolation. I remember how tight the community here used to be and thought it would be a perfect place to get some info from you guys.
If you dont mind taking a short survey it would greatly help the thesis.
And also if anyone remembers my name from back in the day (Emetophilia 39 rogue, Slaktarn 49 warrior, Smygarn 19 rogue or Sublimisity 19 priest all from EU) do say hello :)

Here is the "sales pitch" that we have to include and the survey link is at the bottom. The survey can be done by everyone regardless of age and how much you play games. Take care!

Hello. We are two bachelor students from Stockholms University. We are currently doing a study on how online games have affected loneliness & isolation during enforced social restrictions. We’ve created a short questionnaire on this subject. It is in english and should not take more than five minutes to complete. Your participation is appreciated and would benefit the study a lot.

(Link to the survey: https://survey.su.se/Survey/41691)

Thanks for your time.

-Arvid and Robin.

Hello again. We just reached over 100 respondents on the survey. Just wanted to say thank you to all that took their time to answer!
I'll be closing the survey on monday due to time constraints, so if any of you havent replied yet but got a few minutes i'd really appreciate it!
-Emetophilia

Users who are viewing this thread