Reporting Explained

Yde

Worg
l8WtBef.png

How do I report things?

At the bottom left of each post and PM you will find a grey Attention Sign:

SHpKpWd.png

(blue here because I'm mousing over it in the screenshot)

Clicking this symbol will take you to a new site with a Message text field.
State the reason for your report / what you consider problematic and submit the report.

What am I allowed to report?

Please make sure to properly explain the reason for your report.

The reporting feature should be used to report:
  • Spam
  • Advertising messages
  • Problematic posts
  • Posts that need help

Problematic posts may for example be:
  • Rude or vulgar posts
  • Harassment
  • @posts, which should be taken to PM
  • Fighting instead of polite discussion
  • Off topic posts with no constructive content

Needing help could include:
  • Changing the title of a thread
  • Thread posted in wrong section
  • Wanting to have own thread deleted

What happens to the report?

The format we see the reports in is as follows:

Reported Post by Nice

Nice has reported a post.

Reason:

This post is rude, and doesn't have any constructive content.

Forum: Some Bracket Forum
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Notnice
Original Content:

Rude things, rude things, more rude things, and also you should quit and are 11 so there.

The report will be be posted to a Reported Posts subforum in the Twinkinfo Staff Section. As soon as a staff member is online to check reports, the report will be followed up on and action taken, if appropriate. Or discussed in the thread. Once we've concluded we move it to a Completed Reports section.

Actions may be:
  • Nothing
  • Editing post
  • Deleting post
  • Giving warning
  • Giving infraction
  • Ban

Please report responsibly, so don't go on reporting sprees out of personal grudges, and don't wait for threads to escalate just to watch the world burn. ;)

Since the site staff can't read every thread on the page, reports are a great help, so thank you all! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Might I suggest that given the large staff that we are blessed to have it would be better for users to "over-report" (if there is such a thing) than to under-report? Thank you for making this guide Yde. I feel it will greatly help! I remember it seemed to me that there weren't enough users using the report feature. I'm not sure if things have changed since then but hopefully if it has not, this will help to encourage others to use the report feature!

Cheers
Mocha

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely don't mind "over-reporting" in the sense of someone not being sure if something is appropriate and making sure to check in with the staff. :)

What I do mind and what sadly happens often is people deciding they don't like someone and spamming reports for every post of theirs they find even the tiniest issue with. Just putting out the warning that severe abuse of the report system will get people into trouble, just as much as rude posting! ;)

Just reporting something you're not entirely sure about may not always result in an action against the reported post, but will of course never get the person reporting into trouble. :)

I also value integrity a lot. Not only is a tattle tale unpleasant, 'snitches get stitches.'

Anyway, that's in regard to solidarity and society, not an information exchange forum. Forums have rules.

Everyone agrees to the CoC when posting here, and if I may summarize those very roughly, they do say you have the right to say what you think is correct, but others have the right not to be hurt by what you say.

I feel Immaturity/ trolling comes with the territory when you're playing a competitive online game especially in the twink community although our generation is getting older and maturing noticeably over the years. I feel the younger crowds immaturity adds color and definition to the community and rarely think someone needs to tone it down much less deserve a report/ ban...

Might I suggest that given the large staff that we are blessed to have it would be better for users to "over-report" (if there is such a thing) than to under-report? Thank you for making this guide Yde. I feel it will greatly help! I remember it seemed to me that there weren't enough users using the report feature. I'm not sure if things have changed since then but hopefully if it has not, this will help to encourage others to use the report feature!

Cheers
Mocha

Completely forgot a section!

Added needing help with post as report reason:

Needing help could include:
  • Changing the title of a thread
  • Thread posted in wrong section
  • Wanting to have own thread deleted

Thanks for the input, as always! :D

I think it would help if mods replied to the reporter more often letting them know it was actually addressed. I understand somethings maybe up to the mods decision on what act should be taken whether it be ban or delete or warning or w/e but it would be nice just to have a msg saying a mod has reviewed and looked into your report. Sometimes I feel like obvious insults or obvious bannable offences aren't looked into and a simple automated msg could fix that

I think it would help if mods replied to the reporter more often letting them know it was actually addressed. I understand somethings maybe up to the mods decision on what act should be taken whether it be ban or delete or warning or w/e but it would be nice just to have a msg saying a mod has reviewed and looked into your report. Sometimes I feel like obvious insults or obvious bannable offences aren't looked into and a simple automated msg could fix that

Every single report is reviewed by a staff member, action is taken on every report (at the least reading the reported post). Staff members do not have time to respond to the reporter and an automated system is more likely than not out of the question.

What Eliot said. While I would love to write to everyone who reports and tell them what happened, even with people not very enthusiastic about reporting you wouldn't believe how many reports, PMs and issues pop up for mods. :<

Users who are viewing this thread