Replacing the old Code of Conduct with a New Twink Charter

Myrm

Legend
When I first took over the site I didn't really see changing the CoC as a top priority because it seemed like the problems with moderation could be solved by simply giving new instructions to the mods about how the rules should be enforced. This has caused some friction and disagreement, and there still seems to be a general sense of bitterness towards the CoC from some people.

I'd like to give the community the opportunity to draft a new set of guidelines and principles that lays out the shared values and interests that will create a satisfying experience for all its users, in the spirit of the Magna Carta; The Twinka Carta. I plan to continue to allow each section to have some degree of autonomy over how they're governed, and once we've drafted a site-wide charter we can have bracket charters made if that's something that people want.

Post your ideas and suggestions in this thread, and in a few weeks someone will be asked to draft the charter based on what's been suggested. If there's a lot of disagreement over specific points we can hold votes, and if necessary we can draft multiple charters and have people vote on which one they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest adding a passage on being more open to discuss moderation decisions, or even create a thread or subforum just for that. :) Helps people, they can just ask when they find a decision confusing and helps the staff team to be consistent.

pls let us buy and sell twink items for irl money
making gold in game 2hard (2lazy)
also buying and selling accounts

There's been a complete disregard for the CoC by the members and the staff alike. The CoC is not enforced the way it's written and it's clear that your vision of the site is different from previous visions where there simply is no ceiling on insults and banter. There should be no new text of order unless it is 100% clear and 100% enforced. There shouldn't be all of these foggy gray areas that are up to interpretation.

The site either needs to have a blatantly clear set of rules and they need to be enforced exactly how they are written or there needs to be no moderation. There is no discussion of corrupt actions if the CoC clearly reads "if you do _____ you get ______" and that exact event occurs. Consistency is key as all of these subjective gray areas result in members receiving varried results. Cut out all of the interpretation.

I don't think this site in its current vision has any place for moderators honestly. I'm well aware of the work load and an admin can simply move threads and rename thread titles as there's lucky to be one case of that needing to occur daily if that. The only members whom valued a respectful atmosphere and class no longer use this site / take it seriously so you're better off catering to the community that you still have here. It's clear there's no desire to be recognized by Blizzard and right now the site is an awkward point where it's okay to tell someone to go slit but it's not okay to sell twink items?

The goal for TI seems to be caught between two contrasting ideas between a free for all and we don't want to shut off any possibility of recognition from Blizzard (which is already completely obliterated as a possibility anyways)

Bring back bloggers and blog posts, featured weekly or bi weekly blogs, remove this cloudy CoC and cloudy moderation, bring back AH sales etc. Pick one goal or the other, not a blur half assed result of trying to be in between the two.

As it has already been mentioned.... let us for godsake sell and buy items, accounts and other services for real money. This community has lost its chance to get mentioned in a blue post on the official forums loooooooong ago and in all honesty if we ever did manage to get mentioned on the forums, our community would have to change in such a way that the majority of the people using this website probably would end up running away long before that happens. I think most people dont really care whether or not we are in "good or bad" standing with blizzard.

As it has already been mentioned.... let us for godsake sell and buy items, accounts and other services for real money. This community has lost its chance to get mentioned in a blue post on the official forums loooooooong ago and in all honesty if we ever did manage to get mentioned on the forums, our community would have to change in such a way that the majority of the people using this website probably would end up running away long before that happens. I think most people dont really care whether or not we are in "good or bad" standing with blizzard.

There should also be a section where we can hook up with underage girls, right?

Fuck blizzard bring back the auction house
People are still doing it anyways I know multiple people still selling items etc on here for money.
Like art said make it require x amount on posts to see it or make it require donator. If you can spend money on a video game items you can donate $10 to do it and blizzard will never know.

I think 2 things should be enforced:
1) Respect for others
2) Being allowed to express one's opinion, regardless of one's popularity or standing in the community

Instead of changing up everything about the current regulation and CoC, why not spend some time trying to fix it instead?

And for the love of science, this website should not be a place to measure penis size and biceps. Keep that stuff in game. This can't be changed by mods, I understand. It involves something very few TI users have : maturity. Hopefully you grow up soon to act like it. Nonetheless, my girlfriend and I have good laughs reading people's posts (which should not be the use of TI)

Having posts or threads edited or deleted is really frustrating for some people, it feels like censorship or a mod having a grudge, especially if there actually is a grudge. It can happen to any mod; if you butt heads with a person often enough you automatically get more sensitive where they are concerned.

Having people see vulgarity as the best option to relay their opinion and equate free speech with being an ass at all times is really frustrating to others.

Maybe create a separate subforum in the spirit of the old Tavern to move really agressive discussions to?

I think 2 things should be enforced:
1) Respect for others
2) Being allowed to express one's opinion, regardless of one's popularity or standing in the community

Instead of changing up everything about the current regulation and CoC, why not spend some time trying to fix it instead?

And for the love of science, this website should not be a place to measure penis size and biceps. Keep that stuff in game. This can't be changed by mods, I understand. It involves something very few TI users have : maturity. Hopefully you grow up soon to act like it. Nonetheless, my girlfriend and I have good laughs reading people's posts (which should not be the use of TI)

The best two replies so far!!
If this site stands a snowball's chance in hell of ever being recognized by Blizzard, these are the rules we must abide by. Try and post some of the crap you all post on WoWhead, MMOChampion, AK etc.... You would get tossed off of there in no time flat.
Why it is tolerated here is quite note worthy. And frankly, it is very interesting. I am glad I came here.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread