EU+US Reminder to get 525 fishing before BfA.

Dannymcbride

Grandfathered
In BfA there will be a lot of water travel so make sure you grind your fishing to atleast 525 min for
www.wowhead.com/item=85500/anglers-fishing-raft on ypur 10-19.
lvl 20's and up can use http://www.wowhead.com/item=81354&ilvl=90 but I would grind 525 min just incase.
WoWScrnShot_051118_011022.jpg

lvl 70 min to get 525 fishing skill in BfA.
copys still arnt up but I would get it just to be safe.
alot know know, this is just a reminder.

Last edited:
You can get to 800 fishing right now. Might as well go all the way in case new things are added

Same with cooking or?

Same with cooking or?

My 19 is at 800 FA and 525 cooking. I don’t know if 525 is GFd, but I cannot go above that. I highly recommend (at least on the twink(s) you play the most) to get these skills as high as possible. Similar to grandfathered gear, there could always be a benefit to this in the future.

> You still need 525 fishing skill to use it, but the use of this toy is not bound to reputation. So alts can use it too, even if they never met The Anglers themselves.

Just an FYI - you don't need anglers rep to use the toy, despite what the tooltip says (so you can do the rep grind on your main). And reminder that its DMF this week so grab your free 5 levels from there if you haven't already.

Also if you're rich and lazy, look at http://www.wowhead.com/item=88563/nats-fishing-journal?ilvl=1 (800g/50 levels up to 600). Note that you can use it at 599 and you'll end up at 649 (Edit - I don't think this is true anymore actually...).

I think you can get and use the sea turtle mount on a 19 too, so it may be worth fishing in pools where it drops (pools in northrend/pandaland/dmf) while leveling up.

Last edited:
Level up fishing to 800. Professions will be gated behind level requirements, and put into expansion categories. I.e. 'Wrath of the Lich King fishing', 'Draenor Fishing', 'Legion Fishing' etc. You can choose to level any of these 'fishing types' at any time, given you have the player level required.

Same will happen to cooking. Certain recipes etc. will be gated behind a specific requirements, same way fishing works - 'Mists of Pandaria cooking' etc. So if you have access to some MoP cooking recipes or whatever, get that now while you can.

But this one does require rep with Anglers. You have to be pretty high to do the dailies, right? Is the only way for a lowbie...using the special fish you can turn in? (Origami etc) Is there a guide?

You are able to buy rep tokens from the timewalking vendor once MoP timewalking is up

But this one does require rep with Anglers. You have to be pretty high to do the dailies, right? Is the only way for a lowbie...using the special fish you can turn in? (Origami etc) Is there a guide?

https://xpoff.com/threads/19s-fishing-guide.78113/ covers it briefly. You can't turn in the fish on a lowbie or do the dailies, so the only options are to do the timewalking BoA rep commendations or to do a random dungeon with the Anglers as your championed faction (once per day? week? I don't exactly remember). Definitely make sure you're Revered+ on your main to get the double rep bonus, as that will make a huge difference.

I been 800 fishing on my 10 since day 1 of Legion

GET AT ME

Also, just got 800 first aid. Any news as to what happens to First Aid ? Is it gf'd or deleted from professions?

Do you keep your high First aid if you pickup Tailoring and level it to 50?

Is this thread worthy? wut?

I been 800 fishing on my 10 since day 1 of Legion

GET AT ME

Also, just got 800 first aid. Any news as to what happens to First Aid ? Is it gf'd or deleted from professions?

Do you keep your high First aid if you pickup Tailoring and level it to 50?

Is this thread worthy? wut?

Probs wont find out until char copy :(

do the darkmoon faire first aid quest to get +5 levels

Cant believe that never crossed my mind lmao. Prolly too late to reach 800

Users who are viewing this thread