EU+US Refunding Artifact Power/Traits

Jay204

Grandfathered
Hi folks,

I'd swear that I read somewhere recently that there's no penalty to refund your power/traits at this level. Is that true?

I've never done this on any of my toons from 98 to 110 so I am scared to try it, especially on my 99 !

It costs what your next point would have cost, like phil said. Until it jumps up to 6800 it's not really a big deal.

I wouldn't recommend resetting after you spend your 13th point.

Well... you're only "losing" one point tho. It's a huge point, but nothing compared to the next point. Knowing for sure it's a solid change is a good idea, i wouldnt suggest it as an experimental decision. But if there's nothing else really good within reasonable reach at your level, there's not really any downside to "losing" the AP cost to get access to a solid path upgrade. A proven upgrade... not just a "that looks like it might be better" decision. Those tend not to work out well.

I have exactly that path on my afflock (+1 more in perdition)... i cant give you comparison tho because it's the only path i ever had. Are you worried more about PvE or PvP? I'd imagine PvP, and cant say how much more damage that golden trait adds for you, i didnt have recount at the time. It's fine in PvP tho, or at least was the one game i played on it so far a while back.

http://i.imgur.com/0z22mKH.jpg

For PvE i dont think it matters. If you like i can go kill a boss in NL and tell you what % of my damage that trait does, i have recount now.... but i dont think it parallels to PvP either way, nothing hits hard there. =/

In fact, if anyone knows of a really strong ability or artifact trait for PvP i'd love to know. Tried my destro lock tonight and was pooping out 30k chaos bolts (50k on the boss) - which was fine with the templates, just disappointing to drop from 200K outside... you know it's going to happen but you're never quite prepared.

The destro artifact ability hits OK for template-damage, but it lackluster and situational for wide-scale BG IMO. Probably good for arena. Might do 40-50% of someone's health if you popped all 3 charges at once on them. I dont really know too much on destro either, only had that one game too and it was IoC.

Last edited:
100% for PvP. My current path went through Seeds of Doom for some silly reason. Last time I looked, Harvest of Souls accounted for 10% of my damage. But I was pretty lazy resetting Recount so....

Thanks for the feedback. Perdition was going to be my last point as well. I'll spend the 1000 AP just to get out of that goofy Seed trait.

3.6% of my damage is Harvester of Souls. Single target Rokmura boss in NL... dropped to 3.5% multi-target on my way to first chest.

edit- Oh ya, if its the same-ish path then i'd definitely change too. I hate that seed spell anyway. :p

Users who are viewing this thread