Realm Change

Bambucea

Hello guys.
I am curious about what the benefits of transferring my twink (20 Vet) on another realm would be. I am currently playing on Draenor EU, a horde heavy realm, and my twink is Alliance.
Although I can see people from other realms around me and the PvP queues (as I am interested in instanced PvP mostly) are cross realm ( ...i think), is there any benefit in transferring to an Alliance heavy realm? Will i be able to interact with more people? Will I have a better time finding Twink dedicated Guilds? Last time I checked Draenor was not connected with any other realm.
I must mention that my game time will expire soon and I don't plan on renewing it, so the AH aspect of transferring is not as interesting as the social aspect and ease of access to grouping/pvp.
Also, if you are kind enough to offer some options regarding realms I could transfer to, would be great! (I only plan to transfer once tho, i'm not THAT rich xD).
I also hope this can help other people stuck in the same dilema.
Thank you all in advance, and sorry if I wrote in the wrong place.

Transfer? Just reroll. It's level 20. That takes like 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

The only benefit I would think of is ease to buy gear (like ilvl 28 greens with gems) in a heavy-twink realm.
If you don't plan on being THAT hardcore (or can't even afford the gold too) I say it makes no difference at all

Bear in mind that there are gold limits when transferring a char:

Character Level. Maximum Gold
10-39 10,000g
40-49 250,000g
50-60 1,000,000g

Thank you all for answering. I wouldn't consider creating another twink on another realm considering I don't like abandoning stuff i invested time into. Also it's pretty much decked out. Since the social aspect of the game (other than a guild in which i may or may not be accepted) is not really improved by switching realms i think I'll stick to the one I'm already on.

Bear in mind that there are gold limits when transferring a char:

Character Level. Maximum Gold
10-39 10,000g
40-49 250,000g
50-60 1,000,000g
Just buy some mats or something. Or just sell pets. Its not like you have to bring gold.

i just did this and here is what i have learnt:

1, if you do an account transfer (usually from a paying account to a non-paying account), you get a free server of choice. so if you need to do the account transfer anyway (when, for example, you don't want to wait for 30 days to pvp), you can go to a new server to pick up gears. keep in mind that there is a 30 day cooldown, so you cannot transfer back right away even if you want to.

2, instead of bringing things to sell on the new server's AH or /2, you are much better off finding someone who is willing to trade gold with you for gold on your home server, unless the new server's market price for a particular item is simply much higher than your home server. the reason is, your time on the new server could be limited and you would be exposing yourself to liquidity risk.

in my case, i asked for 24 hours of game time (remember i was going from a paying account to a non-paying account), therefore, i would have had to sell whatever i brought with me within 24 hours.

luckily, a friend @zazzyfraz (and some others) helped me get socket speed bracers, socket speed boots, speed ring and two freezing bands all within a couple hours of my landing on bleeding hollow. @zazzyfraz even gave me a pair of https://www.wowhead.com/item=52489 to get the transmog.

3, just transfer to bleeding hollow if you want to pick up socket and/or tert gears, their AH is loaded with 28 BoEs. remember, AH is cross-faction now.

Last edited:
Gonna assume this is EU.

In terms of just queuing, realms don't matter at all.
What you are looking for in a realm is community and economy. So in that regard, yes it can be worth to change server, but it all depends how highly you value those things.

Are you the type to appreciate playing with people within a guild, creating a few connections etc?
Are you the type of person who would prefer a rich AH?

In my experience, the Draenor AH has never been lacking items, but due to it being a Horde hub for quite some time, means that it can be a little bit pricy. Nonetheless, the AH isn't what's going to be the most problematic thing for you. So what you're looking at is essentially how much community has a pull on you.

If you're a lone wolf and don't really care about guilds and everything they entice, or simply having the experience of an abundance of twinks running around on your server, then it's not worth.

I personally think community is a huge part of an MMORPG and the guilds and friends you connect with become a huge part of the game, which would make it worth for me to be where there is an established community of the faction that I am playing.

Alliance servers that come to mind (EU) are:

-Ravencrest
-Argent Dawn
-Outland
-Silvermoon

Ravencrest probably on the top in terms of activity as I'm aware of, but either of these servers are good choices for alliance, so feel free to pick any if you have some friends on one or the other.

Gonna assume this is EU.

In terms of just queuing, realms don't matter at all.
What you are looking for in a realm is community and economy. So in that regard, yes it can be worth to change server, but it all depends how highly you value those things.

Are you the type to appreciate playing with people within a guild, creating a few connections etc?
Are you the type of person who would prefer a rich AH?

In my experience, the Draenor AH has never been lacking items, but due to it being a Horde hub for quite some time, means that it can be a little bit pricy. Nonetheless, the AH isn't what's going to be the most problematic thing for you. So what you're looking at is essentially how much community has a pull on you.

If you're a lone wolf and don't really care about guilds and everything they entice, or simply having the experience of an abundance of twinks running around on your server, then it's not worth.

I personally think community is a huge part of an MMORPG and the guilds and friends you connect with become a huge part of the game, which would make it worth for me to be where there is an established community of the faction that I am playing.

Alliance servers that come to mind (EU) are:

-Ravencrest
-Argent Dawn
-Outland
-Silvermoon

Ravencrest probably on the top in terms of activity as I'm aware of, but either of these servers are good choices for alliance, so feel free to pick any if you have some friends on one or the other.

I appreciate how detailed your response is and it certainly helped. Indeed the social aspect of the game is the one i m looking for, but considering queuing is cross realm, i think the transfer is not that needed. Thanks again for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread