Rating scaling caps?

Outofspace

Sogeking / Deeps
I've had a brain worm related to all the 'rating' type stats in TBC. I think I remember a patch note that capped how high things scale for lower level players. Since we are starting on a later version of TBC I'm wondering if it will be implemented.

I think it was a lvl 31 cap, aka even a lvl 19 only gets lvl 31 values out of rating stats. Anyone have any info?

EDIT: Found it https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.4.3

"Parry Rating, Defense Rating, and Block Rating: Low-level players will now convert these ratings into their corresponding defensive stats at the same rate as level 34 players."

So it doesn't effect crit, haste, hit, dodge or any of the other goodies thankfully, but it does nuke lvl 10 warriors and some of the other tricks lvl 19s used to do.

Last edited:
It DOES apply to Dodge (might not be the same patch). Otherwise, correct.

Yeah noticed that recently. Seems weird it's not included in that patch statement above. You must be right, it's from a different patch, maybe earlier.

Yeah noticed that recently. Seems weird it's not included in that patch statement above. You must be right, it's from a different patch, maybe earlier.
I think it was nerfed earlier because it was very degenerate at low levels.

2.4.3 - (2008-07-15): This patch generally wiped out almost all level 1 twinks, specifically dodge twinks. Prior to this patch, twinks were able to stack dodge enchants and items to be completely unhittable, as the twinks would Dodge all attacks. This was possible due to the formula for dodge ratings being very generous to low levels since such formulas were level based. Blizzard nerfed this by changing the formula so that all characters under level 34 now gained dodge percentage at the same rate as level 34 characters.
-Wowpedia

2.4.3 - (2008-07-15): This patch generally wiped out almost all level 1 twinks, specifically dodge twinks. Prior to this patch, twinks were able to stack dodge enchants and items to be completely unhittable, as the twinks would Dodge all attacks. This was possible due to the formula for dodge ratings being very generous to low levels since such formulas were level based. Blizzard nerfed this by changing the formula so that all characters under level 34 now gained dodge percentage at the same rate as level 34 characters.
-Wowpedia
That is my quote from 2008 from WoWWiki (WoWpedia later ripped the DB). Funny to see it floating around.

Please don't use it as a primary source, because it isn't. Surely there must be a better one.

That is my quote from 2008 from WoWWiki (WoWpedia later ripped the DB). Funny to see it floating around.

Please don't use it as a primary source, because it isn't. Surely there must be a better one.
Funny you would say please don't use this as a primary source, yet when you Google patch notes for versions, this and wowwiki's versions are what come up, except for xpoff forums results as well and private server forums. So...?
Everyone is wrong because you were wrong, or you were right so everyone copypasta'd and went on with their day. Either way, playing on a 2.4.3 private server or blizz's 2.5.1 server, its the same results.
So thanks?
Google patch notes, they say what happened and when, and guess what, its correct. Bye bye 4.73% and hello 2%ish in 2.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread