Rate my Rogue.

Domunique

Legend
Hey guys.

Basically I am making this post because my Subscription is running out in 10 days, I was an F2P Trial for 4 years and I only wanted to Subscribe for 1 month so I could gear up my Rogue, I just wanted to know if I have forgotten anything.

Basically I'm just going for the DPS/Glass cannon Build, as I am a Rogue and Survivability is not my job, that Is why I went Undead because that extra Racial proc (Touch of the Grave) can help as an opener and adds to my DPS. I think the best Offensive Class for a Rogue is 'Night Elf' which I used to be, but I had to change because I changed Servers/Factions to join my Guild <Nagaz With Attitudez> .

I am a perfectionist so even if you have 1 slot or Enchant to criticize, let me know, because I want to be as BiS as possible before I become of Veteran status.

Ok here is my link 'Domisunique'.

Tell me what you think :) thankyou xx.

Here is some extra stuff to mention, also to help the other Rogues out there who are preparing to be Veteran Twinks.

Here is some other Gear I use for its active Abilities:

- Parachute Cloak.
- Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt.
- Gnomish Rocket Boots.
- Eternal Will of the Martyr.

I have many other Offensive/useful Trinkets on rotation, such as:

- Touch of the Void.
- Gnomish Net-O-Matic Projector.
- Gnomish Shrink Ray.
- Gnomish Cloaking Device.
- Minor Recombobulator.

Other helpful items I use:

- Frostwolf Battle Standard.
- Horde Battle Standard.
- Ornate Spyglass.
- Discombobulator Ray.
- Portable Bronze Mortar.
- Flame Deflector.
- Mithril Frag Bomb.
- Big IronBomb.
- Explosive Sheep.
- Goblin Land Mine.
- Target Dummy.
- Goblin Glider Kit.
- Small/Large Seaforium Charge.
- Gnomish Army Knife.
- Gnomish Universal Remote.
- Mechanical Repair Kit.
- Vanishing Powder.
- Highborne Soul Mirror (use before stealthing).
- Swapblaster.
- GUMM-E.
- Guild Perk's (Passive and Active Abilities)
- Sea Turtle.
- Grand Expedition Yak.
- Pierre.
- Jeweled Fishing Pole.
- Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat.
- Chef's Hat.
- Mass Resurrection.
- Goblin Jumper Cables.
- Mobile Banking.
- Ethereal Soul Trader.
- Haunted Memento.
- Tonga's Totem.
- Poison Extraction Totem.
- Surveyor's Beacon.
- Fire-Watcher's Oath.
- Secretive Whistle.

Consumables:

- Swiftness Potion.
- Swim Speed Potion.
- Elixir of Water Breathing.
- Free Action Potion.
- Potion of Curing.
- Holy Protection Potion.
- Darkmoon Firewater.
- Elixir of Giant Growth.
- Elixir of Lesser Agility.
- Felmouth Frenzy.
- Scroll of Agility/Stamina (1 and 2).
- Multiple types of Sharpening/Weightstones.
- Drums of Fury.
- Drums of Rage.
- Healing Potion.
- Minor Rejuvenation Potion.
- Thistle Tea.
- 6-8 Stamina well fed buff food.
- Runecloth Bandage.
- Strong Anti-Venom.
- Darkmoon Daggermaw.
- Darkmoon firewater.
- All Darkmoon Potions/Elixirs.

Right now I am wearing my Black (Bandit Garb) Transmog set, but I also have a Red, Yellow, Green and Blue Transmog Set that I stored in the Void Storage Bank.

Another fun transmogging fact for Rogue Twinks out there:

It's hard to find a matching Transmog for a Sword and a Dagger that looks good together, I use 'Blackwater Cutlass' as my Main-Hand Sword Transmog, and a 'War Knife' as my Off-Hand Dagger Transmog, they are of a similar design/curvature and also of similar size, covered up with glowing enchants you can barely tell the difference between them.

I looked around for a long time and it was the best 'sword-dagger' transmog I could find identical-wise, I am a fan of symmetry.

I hope this list can help some other Rogues out there when preparing their Twinks for Veteran Status.

Tell me what you think of my Gear.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this post, xx.

Last edited by a moderator:
i r810/10 m8 i dun h8

Great rogue, but here are some suggestions

I'm not sure about glorious stats, at 19 its bugged and shows +2 but gives +1, so it may be worth using Peerless Stats instead
Your bracer enchant is 4 agility, Greater Assault - Spell - World of Warcraft is +5 AP
2x Shadowfang has more burst than a dagger off hand because of the initial large white hit when you ambush, but goblin screwdriver should be better after the initial ambush
I would personally use Parachute Cloak for the use effect over 3 stamina, but personal preference
Of course you can't get Thrall's Gift, but it's BiS xD

9.5/10

Yapah Response.

1. Thankyou for your Peerless Stats advice, really appreciate it, I grew 1 Agility after applying the Enchant, it's a real shame Enchants are buggy for low levels nowadays.

2. To me, Agility is more potent then Attack Power, Giving me More Attack power, then Attack Power itself (Per point) it also gives Dodge. To me, 4 Agility gives me 6 Attack power, that's a 1.5x bonus and the Dodge stats too, am I wrong when I say this? Maybe the Scaling is different for your toon if you roll lvl 19s, but I get more damage using the Greater Agility Bracer Enchant. (Outside of BG's, 3 Agility gives me 4 Attack Power, so its still better).

3. Also what you said about the 2 x Shadowfang comment. Goblin Screwdriver scales to 7 Agility in a 20-29 bracket BG, that's just as much Agility scaled as a Shadowfang gets, so BOTH of their openings (as Off-Hands) do the same amount of Damage with Ambush (It even says so in the tooltip) BUT Goblin Screwdriver is also better after the Ambush making it BiS.

Having a slow (or a higher level) Weapon as your Off-Hand doesn't make for a stronger Ambush, its the Stats that the Weapon has that makes the Ambush stronger. 2 x Shadowfang has more Burst only in PvE/Duels etc, (Outside of scaling) because it has more Agility there. So a BiS Off-Hand would be something fast with good offensive Stats. The extra Proc you get from a 2nd Shadowfang is not enough to make up for it, I've tried them both and I can feel the difference of a fast Off-Hand being way more effective.

And trust me, I always want an excuse to wear my Dual Shadowfang's, more procs for extra fun, looks better, transmog them both into my defias rapier, looked more swagged out, but the performance isn't there for me to do so, and I do not sacrifice performance for swag.

4. I have a Parachute Cloak, and even though it isn't technically BiS because of its 3 less Stamina, I totally agree with you, In BG's I'm always using it, if it's Arathi Basin I'll switch to it straight away. so Its pretty much always on me, I might aswell make it permanent to my PvP set and just leave it on because its Ability outweighs the + 3 stamina bonus of my 'Glowing Lizardscale Cloak'.

5. Thrall's Gift. Yeah unfortunately I did not start off as a Goblin so I cannot attain them. Do you think if I pay for a Race change and then put in a ticket they will send me one? I got 9 days of subscription left with nothing else to do so I might aswell try.

Anyway left me know if I have did/said anything wrong or misinterpreted anything, your feedback was very good, you clearly know your stuff so I would like to see what you have to say xx.

Yapah Response.

1. Thankyou for your Peerless Stats advice, really appreciate it, I grew 1 Agility after applying the Enchant, it's a real shame Enchants are buggy for low levels nowadays.

2. To me, Agility is more potent then Attack Power, Giving me More Attack power, then Attack Power itself (Per point) it also gives Dodge. To me, 4 Agility gives me 6 Attack power, that's a 1.5x bonus and the Dodge stats too, am I wrong when I say this? Maybe the Scaling is different for your toon if you roll lvl 19s, but I get more damage using the Greater Agility Bracer Enchant. (Outside of BG's, 3 Agility gives me 4 Attack Power, so its still better).

3. Also what you said about the 2 x Shadowfang comment. Goblin Screwdriver scales to 7 Agility in a 20-29 bracket BG, that's just as much Agility scaled as a Shadowfang gets, so BOTH of their openings (as Off-Hands) do the same amount of Damage with Ambush (It even says so in the tooltip) BUT Goblin Screwdriver is also better after the Ambush making it BiS.

Having a slow (or a higher level) Weapon as your Off-Hand doesn't make for a stronger Ambush, its the Stats that the Weapon has that makes the Ambush stronger. 2 x Shadowfang has more Burst only in PvE/Duels etc, (Outside of scaling) because it has more Agility there. So a BiS Off-Hand would be something fast with good offensive Stats. The extra Proc you get from a 2nd Shadowfang is not enough to make up for it, I've tried them both and I can feel the difference of a fast Off-Hand being way more effective.

And trust me, I always want an excuse to wear my Dual Shadowfang's, more procs for extra fun, looks better, transmog them both into my defias rapier, looked more swagged out, but the performance isn't there for me to do so, and I do not sacrifice performance for swag.

4. I have a Parachute Cloak, and even though it isn't technically BiS because of its 3 less Stamina, I totally agree with you, In BG's I'm always using it, if it's Arathi Basin I'll switch to it straight away. so Its pretty much always on me, I might aswell make it permanent to my PvP set and just leave it on because its Ability outweighs the + 3 stamina bonus of my 'Glowing Lizardscale Cloak'.

5. Thrall's Gift. Yeah unfortunately I did not start off as a Goblin so I cannot attain them. Do you think if I pay for a Race change and then put in a ticket they will send me one? I got 9 days of subscription left with nothing else to do so I might aswell try.

Anyway left me know if I have did/said anything wrong or misinterpreted anything, your feedback was very good, you clearly know your stuff so I would like to see what you have to say xx.

1.) Chest enchants are really buggy for some odd reason, Peerless Stats is the only one that acually gives +2 at 19 (idk if there are others at 29)

2.)The passive is +50% attack power, so +5 AP enchant will be 7.5 AP while 4 agility will be 6 agility or 6 AP + around 0.5% dodge
1.5 AP > 0.5% dodge

3.)Here is what I meant by 2x Shadowfang, when you ambush your white hits will come straight after, 2x swords will give you the biggest white hits for the largest amount of damage possible, also 5% proc chance to hit 30 damage is a small bonus
1x Sword + 1x Dagger is really good after the first 1-2 secs of initial burst, so it's completely up to what you are aiming for, but the difference is so small it doesn't really matter

4.) I agree, it's good to have both

5.)You can't get thrall's gift no matter what, even if you go goblin. The only way is to make a new rogue, but it's not really worth it (unless if you want to faction change to 1 of the rogues to alliance to have a rogue on both sides).

Ok, I agree with everything you said.

Anyway does that mean that on a Twink Rogue, Attack Power > Agility?

If so, that means I Should wear the +10 Attack power Shoulders instead, + pure Attack Power Legs, + Attack Power Glove Enchants (so long as the AP outweighs the AP that Agility is giving me) etc etc.

Is this true? or is it just specifically the AP Bracer enchant thats BiS at the moment.

AntiStealth.

Thankyou sir, I appreciate it.

Anyway your Rogue Veteran Twink also has an Attack Power Enchant on the Bracers, why so, and why did you stop there with the Attack Power?

If Attack Power Hits Harder then Agility:

- Why do you not have Attack Power Enchants on your Legs/Gloves?
- What about the Cloaked Shoulderpads of Attack Power with + 10 AP?
- What about Scouting Tunic of Attack Power?
- Why not AP stack? etc.

I could be missing something because Yapah also agrees with you.

Either way it's good to talk about it over this forum so other Rogues preparing for Veteran Status can also see the reasoning and why etc.

I hope you respond, I genuinely want to know what you have to say.

Thankyou x.

Didnt read all the posts above but for rogue 1 agi is better than 1 attack power due to blessing of the kings (5% bonus to agi (not AP)), but anything over 1 AP is still better than 1 agi (2 ap > 1 agi).

Hey! :) I have found your post very interesting. I have one similar, and I have learn 2 new items thanks to you.
http://es.wowhead.com/item=113575/silbato-sigiloso#pick-pocketed-from -> with pickpocket (only rogues)
http://www.wowhead.com/item=48665/surveyors-beacon -> and this one o_O ¿this works outside of aszhara? I will look for it tonight.

And I suppose 1 thing is wrong. You write http://es.wowhead.com/item=127991/frenesi-bocavil. But lvls 20 can't use it, ¿isnt? Or it scales or something strange?
[doublepost=1521129152,1521129005][/doublepost]The post I made is this one ---> https://xpoff.com/threads/whats-inside-those-bags-useful-items-guide.75752/#post-1078883

If I were him, I would like him to know, regardless of when he realized it, that his post was useful for someone else. I do not understand what is wrong to comment in an old post, as long as it is still related to the present. My only intention in joining the old knowledge with the new ones.

But apparently, sometimes experienced players like you get some fame and then start being toxic and insulting unnecessarily because they think they are superior to others.

If I were him, I would like him to know, regardless of when he realized it, that his post was useful for someone else. I do not understand what is wrong to comment in an old post, as long as it is still related to the present. My only intention in joining the old knowledge with the new ones.

But apparently, sometimes experienced players like you get some fame and then start being toxic and insulting unnecessarily because they think they are superior to others.
The frenzy food doesn't work because it got fixed later on in WoD for being to strong on lower levels

Users who are viewing this thread