Rate my frost mage

Kailee's Rose - Item - World of Warcraft
Don Julio's Heart - Item - World of Warcraft
Enchanted Pearl - Item - World of Warcraft
You should use these three gems imo.
Also have you looked into some other trinkets? I haven't done a huge amount of research on caster gear but I'm very sure I could find some vastly superior ones. In general I'm not a big fan of the sp naaru sliver as you sacrifice all mobility for a sp gain that is equal to pmuch any other trinket.
I've seen mages using http://www.wowhead.com/item=19339/mind-quickening-gem#links

Last edited by a moderator:
Kailee's Rose - Item - World of Warcraft
Don Julio's Heart - Item - World of Warcraft
Enchanted Pearl - Item - World of Warcraft
You should use these three gems imo.
Also have you looked into some other trinkets? I haven't done a huge amount of research on caster gear but I'm very sure I could find some vastly superior ones. In general I'm not a big fan of the sp naaru sliver as you sacrifice all mobility for a sp gain that is equal to pmuch any other trinket.
I've seen mages using Mind Quickening Gem - Item - World of Warcraft
Thankyou for your response, id like to say that i am using the enchanted pearl gem, as for the pure int gens id be losing the haste that i like so much for just 2 spell power, i dont find that its worth it to stack spell power when you have no survivability after that. Idk ill try it out, and as for the trinket it looks great other than the five minute cd doesnt seem very practical for arena.

Those would be great for pve, I have both, but i dont know if its worth all the stam loss for pvp. I can try it out though for sure. Thankyou for the idea, also already have the second ring from hyjal but id rather have well rounded stats, i added the 13+ stats to that second ring making it scale really well compared to other hyjal ring.

as for the pure int gens id be losing the haste that i like so much for just 2 spell power
It's not spellpower, it's intellect. Int is worth significantly more than sp because of your cloth specialization and the tailoring sets (1 int = 1.22 sp). Replacing two int+haste gems with the JC specific int gems (+12) would be trading 20 haste away for 14 intellect. That's very hard to argue against.
as for the trinket it looks great other than the five minute cd doesnt seem very practical for arena
Sure it has a long cooldown. It's definitely a once per game trinket in most cases, but it's 390 haste.
delete your, take one with spirit and use item restoration. you will have both
Alternatively if you don't wanna waste your item restoration cooldown, you can just put your ring in the void storage, go claim the 2nd ring and then take the 1st one out of the void storage again.
i added the 13+ stats to that second ring making it scale really well compared to other hyjal ring.
It's irrelevant where you put the enchanted pearl. You should look at it more as a free way to gain a socket bonus (since it matches every color). If I was you I would put an int/haste gem in your ring and put the pearl instead of one of your stam/haste gems.

Those are some very interesting idea's, also quite compelling How2benice, i didnt know about the void storage idea which is rather convenient. As far as the gems are concerned ill give it a shot, and i know that the stat gems doesnt really matter where you put it and to place it where id need it, but i had no problems with making any of the socket bonus's. So i just threw it on the ring, stat wise as a whole i realize it makes no difference where i put it but if you put it on a particular item it can make that item scale well to catch up to other pieces. Well its mostly just a mental thing haha, makes no difference but i like to pretend that it makes the peice better. Playing arena ive always felt the need to have more haste and stam, killing people have never really been an issue, so thats why i am hesitant to throw on pure int gems, but like you said they scale with my tailored gear.

Cûh @ Tichondrius - Community - World of Warcraft

BiS Frost Glass cannon build check it out

lorvick you are losing so much stats with those BC green gems its not even funny try using the Wotlk ones for more stam and haste

Forceful Eye of Zul - Game Guide - World of Warcraft
Thanks for the reply man! It means alot:) you are correct about those gems... I actually thought they scaled the same even though its listed more online. I guess it doesnt haha. Im actually changing everything to something different... Its gonna be awesome but ima wait until i get back home wenesday then do it should be op. And idk going all int isnt very good if you dont have 30% crit for the 100% ice lance crit cap during fingers of frost. Otherwise all that int is kinda wasted on non critical ice lance procs... Occasionally... Also dont knowwhy you are using that off-hand for bis because it isnt, int does scale with your gear but the off hand with 33 spell power is better... If you do the math you would end up with around 4 more spell power give or take with the 33 spell power over the 26 int... Whe the 26 int is scaled with the rest of your int still doesnt give as much spell power as 33... So id switch thatc:)

Thanks for the reply man! It means alot:) you are correct about those gems... I actually thought they scaled the same even though its listed more online. I guess it doesnt haha. Im actually changing everything to something different... Its gonna be awesome but ima wait until i get back home wenesday then do it should be op. And idk going all int isnt very good if you dont have 30% crit for the 100% ice lance crit cap during fingers of frost. Otherwise all that int is kinda wasted on non critical ice lance procs... Occasionally... Also dont knowwhy you are using that off-hand for bis because it isnt, int does scale with your gear but the off hand with 33 spell power is better... If you do the math you would end up with around 4 more spell power give or take with the 33 spell power over the 26 int... Whe the 26 int is scaled with the rest of your int still doesnt give as much spell power as 33... So id switch thatc:)

it scales up better than therezenes in arena and frost doesnt need any crit cause lances crit 80% of the time unless your enemy is using defensives and u still need it for the non crits do do some sort of dmg if you arent getting enough crits you are probally not using the shatter passive to its full potential , fingers of frost increases lance dmg by 100% so in general the more sp you have the harder they will hit ecpecially with this set u want to stack as fuch int as possible to use it to its full potential,, this makes frostt burst extreamly deadly if your enemy stands in orb for more than 2 seconds.. you even told me this yourself also as frost the sp scales to my pet which allows him to pull up to 700 dps on his own with can help alot

Add me Gaud#1900 so we can go over this shit and figure shit out together

it scales up better than therezenes in arena and frost doesnt need any crit cause lances crit 80% of the time unless your enemy is using defensives and u still need it for the non crits do do some sort of dmg if you arent getting enough crits you are probally not using the shatter passive to its full potential , fingers of frost increases lance dmg by 100% so in general the more sp you have the harder they will hit ecpecially with this set u want to stack as fuch int as possible to use it to its full potential,, this makes frostt burst extreamly deadly if your enemy stands in orb for more than 2 seconds.. you even told me this yourself also as frost the sp scales to my pet which allows him to pull up to 700 dps on his own with can help alot

Add me Gaud#1900 so we can go over this shit and figure shit out together

Yes this may all be true but you have to consider the fact that you can keep relatively high spell power but crit cap yourself around 30%, Your build has 75% crit with your fingers of frost rolling.... well 80% if you have buff up, yes that is relatively high but it would be much more beneficial to know that your icelance will crit every time... because a crit from someone with a little bit less spell power vs a non-crit of someone with more spell power would be quite a bit more. Now you would hit a little harder if you crit with more spell power than if you have a little less.. but its more of a gamble. Shatter increases Icelance by 100%, then fingers of frost increases your crit by 1.5% and then an extra 50%. This is why it is so easy to crit cap while keeping enough spell power to do consistent damage. imagine next patch when ice lances damage will increase by 20%... imagine adding that 20% damage to icelance then think of that sum doubled because of shatter... then think of being crit capped during fingers of frost... thats substantially more damage than 20% haha next patch will be awesome for us. The reason im going crit cap and multistrike wod enchants is because imagine critting every ice lance with around 65-70% multistrike... that would be crazy... i am critting rather low around 3500... multistrike would then hit for 30% of that which would be 1050... so in all it would be 4550... much more than what int/spell power can give you and also the chance for fingers of frost procing on the multistrike...would be crazy burst.

Users who are viewing this thread