Rate / Discuss / Critique my 60 Twink PvE Prot Paladin

iETHOSi

Legend
I'm mainly looking for help with my twink Paladin right now, please look over every aspect of the Character if you wish. If you wish to tell me any improvements I need to make to my Character, please provide FACTS... not your opinions on why I need to make those changes, thank you. :)

Reckoning @ Burning Blade - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

My 3 other Twinks if you also wish to look over them for any improvements, any and all help with factual reasoning will be greatly appreciated. :)

80 Twink Hunter: Beast Mastery / Survival - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Aimazing/advanced
70 Twink Death Knight: Blood / Frost - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Sufferance/advanced
70 Twink Druid: Balance / Restoration - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Spiritualist/advanced

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi iETHOSi,

With regards to your 60 Prot Paladin I think the main thing that sticks out is your lack of hit. I know with the threat increase it is not so essential these days, but you are almost 7% short for raids, and that you WILL notice. (I have a 60 Prot Paladin myself).

By making a few gear changes you can get pretty close to hit cap for both melee and spells to the point of it being insignificant. You also lose very little health and CTC in the process:

Changing Cloak to Cloak of Concentrated Hatred.
Changing Libram to Libram of Fervor.
Changing Shield to Elementium Reinforced Bulwark.
Changing enchant on Gloves to Enchant Gloves - Precision.
Changing enchant on Weapon to Enchant Weapon - Accuracy.

The upshot of these changes will be:

-20 Armor.
-0.56% CTC.
-120 Health.
+6.5% Melee Hit.
+7.63% Spell Hit.
+2.09% Melee Crit.
+1.79% Spell Crit.

As you can see, for the small loss in the above stats you gain far greater reliability and a nice increase in damage too which will help your group/raid, as well as threat generation.

Which ever way you decide to go with it, changing your shield to Elementium Reinforced Bulwark is a wise move. It is a 30 health and 0.36% CTC improvement due to itemisation (your DR's on higher dodge mainly), at a loss of an unnoticeable 11 armor. A no-brainer if you ask me.

Regards.

Hi iETHOSi,

With regards to your 60 Prot Paladin I think the main thing that sticks out is your lack of hit. I know with the threat increase it is not so essential these days, but you are almost 7% short for raids, and that you WILL notice. (I have a 60 Prot Paladin myself).

By making a few gear changes you can get pretty close to hit cap for both melee and spells to the point of it being insignificant. You also lose very little health and CTC in the process:

Changing Cloak to Cloak of Concentrated Hatred.
Changing Libram to Libram of Fervor.
Changing Shield to Elementium Reinforced Bulwark.
Changing enchant on Gloves to Enchant Gloves - Precision.
Changing enchant on Weapon to Enchant Weapon - Accuracy.

The upshot of these changes will be:

-20 Armor.
-0.56% CTC.
-120 Health.
+6.5% Melee Hit.
+7.63% Spell Hit.
+2.09% Melee Crit.
+1.79% Spell Crit.

As you can see, for the small loss in the above stats you gain far greater reliability and a nice increase in damage too which will help your group/raid, as well as threat generation.

Which ever way you decide to go with it, changing your shield to Elementium Reinforced Bulwark is a wise move. It is a 30 health and 0.36% CTC improvement due to itemisation (your DR's on higher dodge mainly), at a loss of an unnoticeable 11 armor. A no-brainer if you ask me.

Regards.

Hey, in regards to the Elementium Reinforced Bulwark, that's already one thing I knew for a fact to upgrade it just hasn't dropped for me yet lol. Also, in terms of the hit rating loss, I've never actually noticed anything missing hindering my tanking abilities by any means, 5 mans or raids, just like with end game lvl 85 tanking hit and expertise are really not sought after too much, so I took that fact and put it to use with my 60 pally going for more stam and it really has seemed to work out pretty well so far. :p

You do not notice 7% miss versus raid bosses?

I notice the misses against mobs where I only need 5% hit, let alone 8%. I would say, that shows more about your attention to what is going on more than anyhting else... :D

Well prot pallies are allrdy spell hit cApped. So your big crits/ main spells don't miss, but ur melée Auto attacks do

Well prot pallies are allrdy spell hit cApped. So your big crits/ main spells don't miss, but ur melée Auto attacks do

This is incorrect. The talent specialization gives 8% spell hit. However the way hit rating scales for melee and spell is different. Meaning that you will automatically hit the spell hit cap if you get sufficient hit rating to get the 8% melee hit cap.

Being at or very close to both is still important for tanks (although not 100% essential to fully hit these days), it is more dps and better and more reliable threat generation. Not to be ignored.

Ok I took your advice and changed my paladin up a bit, what do you think of it now? (still working on that shield that will never drop) lol :p

Looking good now tbh, like you said just the shield and your pretty much set.

Only other thing to consider would be whether to go for the mail gem slot gloves and legs. You lose some mitigation and CTC but gain around 1k health (even taking the Plate Set stamina bonus into account). I do not have the time to work out the EH for an exact answer atm, but I am sure someone else can pipe up with it.

Looking good now tbh, like you said just the shield and your pretty much set.

Only other thing to consider would be whether to go for the mail gem slot gloves and legs. You lose some mitigation and CTC but gain around 1k health (even taking the Plate Set stamina bonus into account). I do not have the time to work out the EH for an exact answer atm, but I am sure someone else can pipe up with it.

Well, if someone can help me out with that to see if it would actually be beneficial, that would be great. :)

very nice! My 60 twink pally got his TF not too long ago, I opted to just go with 5pc T2.5 and some of the best gear I could find to stack myself on int while keeping strength in the picture along with stam. I'm sitting at only 8.9K HP but i can flash heal myself for upwords of 21K crits and 4-8k average. So the supply of offhand heals is very nice for helping keep people alive. On top of that, the added spell power/int from the T2.5 adds to my dmg for spell based attacks allowing me to hit pretty heavy. I rock about 1.3K dps as prot so my threat is very well established and solid. If I get a whack on something its GG. All in all I noticed that the faster mobs die, the easier it is for me to rock the gear I do since heals are required on me. Here I am. Doonie @ Kil'jaeden - Community - World of Warcraft oh man getting that link made me notice im at 23K HK's just need a few more!

BTW I'm LF a guild hit me up peeps

Users who are viewing this thread