EU+US Rare spawn non-specific green suffix loot

Veechard

Legend
I need to say this off the bat so it doesn’t get confused as another thread about rare spawn loot specific to the rare.

This thread is about green suffix gear that drops off rares like defender, etc

What really has my interest is the fact that gear prior to patch that was say 40+ minimum, can now drop off low level rares and scale down to 13.

Not sure if this was just the case in azshara, where I got Exalted boots of yada yada, but it would be nice hearing if anyone has experienced this.

Right now the Helm for plate wearers at 19 is either master engineer goggles or BOA helm

If rares can drop higher lvl greens that scale down to 13 like I experienced, does this mean a plate helm could eventually drop?

Thoughts?

What really has my interest is the fact that gear prior to patch that was say 40+ minimum, can now drop off low level rares and scale down to 13.

Not sure if this was just the case in azshara, where I got Exalted boots of yada yada, but it would be nice hearing if anyone has experienced this.

Wait... you got a lvl-13 version of
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14978/exalted-sabatons
to personally drop?

uu9pmDP.gif

Its been that way for a couple patches. Try the rares in stonetalon mountains, they all drop items like you described.

I think you're misunderstanding the profundity of the claim... a low-level character killing a low-level rare should definitely not be getting random down-scaled items from high-level loot-tables (e.g., plate). :eek:

If rares can drop higher lvl greens that scale down to 13 like I experienced, does this mean a plate helm could eventually drop?

That's a huge "if", but yes... you just demonstrated it. There's occasionally items like that on the Auction House (and I'm sure you saw these forums explode when the lvl-8 Skullflame Shield showed up) but there have been a lot of theories about the source and no definitive explanations.

I believe the most credible claims were:

• Inexplicable bug
  • GM restoration quirk
  • Multi-tagging by characters of different levels.

Are you sure you were alone when your boots dropped, or could a high-level bystander have somehow interfered?

Wait... you got a lvl-13 version of
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14978/exalted-sabatons
to personally drop?

uu9pmDP.gif

I think you're misunderstanding the profundity of the claim... a low-level character killing a low-level rare should definitely not be getting random down-scaled items from high-level loot-tables (e.g., plate). :eek:

That's a huge "if", but yes... you just demonstrated it. There's occasionally items like that on the Auction House (and I'm sure you saw these forums explode when the lvl-8 Skullflame Shield showed up) but there have been a lot of theories about the source and no definitive explanations.

I believe the most credible claims were:

• Inexplicable bug
  • GM restoration quirk
  • Multi-tagging by characters of different levels.

Are you sure you were alone when your boots dropped, or could a high-level bystander have somehow interfered?

100% sure I was alone, it was azshara after all, a kind of forgotten about zone.

I had one theory, and that is the zone used to be level 50ish? But maybe after changing it they didn’t change the loot from the rares?

/shrug

Wish I had taken a screen shot
><

Seen 29s with some green plate boes

its been this way since the scaling tech came in, sum mobs loot tables are broken, I got 1 plate helm to drop and 2 mail helms,
plus 3 necks and heaps of rings at ilvl13 since then (all before the epic proc came in) ive deleted all but rings and necks.
talk to Haste he farmed azshara and got a few bits.
the problem with ilvl 13 stuff is its ilvl13.. stats are bad.
now there the epic proc factor my farming days have started again hoping sumthing nice will drop.
ive been busy pumpin out quests and faring for epic procs so ill post SS if anything good drops.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread