EU+US Rare(Blue) First Mate Hat(s!)

Infomerc

Legend
These are currently up on the US-Spinebreaker AH. Two different sellers. Neither wowhead nor wowdb mentions a blue version of FMH. Doubly weird that there are TWO. I was able to /w one of the sellers. He/she thought the drop was N.STV, but couldn't recall the mob. I'll see if I can reach the other seller.

Stats are not much better than the old L35 green (+1 +1), but the green is definitely scaling, as I see lvl 51 and 54 greens on another server.

1) Has the green been globally upgraded? Anyone seen one drop lately?
2) Or is FMH now a single-source drop?
If the drop rate's still as rare as it was, then 2) seems unlikely.

I have the old L35/ilvl40 version, but I also see a 35/i35 version with weaker stats.
Ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot First Mate l37.png
    Screen Shot First Mate l37.png
    38 KB · Views: 392
  • Screen Shot First Mate Rare L38.png
    Screen Shot First Mate Rare L38.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 335
Interesting find!

Maybe a recent patch changed the drop-source?
Maybe a "Stranglethorn-Specific Drop" is somehow itself a type of "single-source"?
Maybe the item was special-enough to get manually adjusted?
Maybe it was somehow included "by accident"?

I'm always intrigued when another item shows-up that doesn't fit our general understanding of the "upgrade criteria", but I've given-up trying to define the exact rules... we've simply found too many "exceptions" at this point.

...and there's honestly just too much minutia that we'll (probably) never know:
  • We'll never know exactly which items Blizzard "intended" to qualify for upgrades.
  • We'll never know exactly how Blizzard chose to "define" that intent.
  • We'll never know exactly what method Blizzard used to "implement" that definition.
  • We'll never know exactly how "accurate" Blizzard's attempted implementation was.
Thank goodness we're at least we're able to look-up individual items on Blizzard's site... but until someone takes it upon themselves to go through all 170k ItemIDs, we'll never be certain of just which items really can (or can't) "upgrade".

Oh, well... still a damn cool hat, tho'. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread