Grandfathered
<Random Encounter>
Region:
North America
Timezone: US East
Faction: Alliance
Server Type: Roleplay

Introduction:
Greetings fellow inhabitants of Azeroth, Random Encounter is now recruiting new members prior to the release of WoW classic edition. We want to have a strong core of players ready to go on launch day of WoW Classic. Random Encounter is a guild for older/mature gamers. We have jobs, kids, spouses, and many other responsibilities other than World of Warcraft. We are laid back and are not too worried about being the biggest, OP, 1337, guild on the block. That does not mean we are not skilled at what we do though. We take our time seriously because many of us don’t have a lot of it.

Goals:
We want to build a cohesive unit of casual yet skilled players. We hope to have all types of players including a competent raiding group. The main goal of the guild is going to be a community feeling where all types of players can come together and play without the fear of drama. To build more than just a guild, but a community to enjoy all that Classic has to offer together. We want to have a community that is able to facilitate all the aspects of the game that our members enjoy. Everything from leveling and exploring to Raiding and PvP, Crafting, Roleplay and just being social. Members are not required to participate in all the events that our Guild will facilitate but are encouraged to participate in those that they enjoy. We are not aiming to be a hardcore guild that rushes to be first at everything, but a guild that takes our time and enjoys the experience. Once classic arrives, it's here to stay, no need to rush through it. Our goal has always been about not just being another chat channel, but being a place you can truly call home.

Who We Seek:
We are looking for mature gamers that wish to be apart of more than just a raid team. Gamers that desire a community to call home in Classic and not just a bunch of random, nameless people with the same Guild Tag. We at Random Encounter do not look at age as a simple number. Your maturity and general interaction with the guild is what we are looking at. If you’re a 16 year old with a mature demeanor and attitude you are more than welcome to join.

A message from GM, Wobblecog Sprockett:
I am a US Navy military veteran of 8 years and I am medically retired due to in service sustained injuries. I have been playing MMORPG’s since around 1997 with the launch of Ultima Online. Ever since then I have fell in love with the genre. I filled every type of role in a guild/clan from the lowliest recruit to the guild leader. My most recent endeavor as a leader came from leading a Free Company in FFXIV until a health problem forced me to take my leave from the game 2 years ago. I have a very extensive experience with Vanilla WoW and its raiding content. I was a member of a hardcore raiding guild during Vanilla on the Rexxar server with a guild called Oracle. We opened the Gates of AQ on our server and cleared C’Thun. We downed about 7 bosses in Nax before our guild leader took everything we had saved in the guild bank and server transferred just before BC came out without informing us that they were going to do so. From then on I promised myself that I would run a guild the right way and never do something like that to anyone. With all of that said I am truly ready to lead this guild and provide an amazing place for people to log in every day and play WoW Classic.

Raid Times:
To be determined. Once a raid schedule is established it will likely be 2 nights per week for 3-4 hours each night. Times will be US East Time Zone.

www.reguild.org
Please apply at the above website.

Discord Contacts:
GM - hobbit#1603
Officer - Kanicus#0184

Last edited:
Great community of wonderful people preparing for classic. The guild weekly progress report will be posted on Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday everyone! It’s time again for a weekly update on the progress Random Encounter has made as a guild and community!

This week we have added 5 new members to our ranks! Welcome Mythonhaos, Sinras, Maeander, Sashimii and Tajomie. We are very happy to have you with us and look forward to adventuring in Classic WoW with you!

Our guild Project 60 has scheduled our first raid, May 18th at 7pm. We now 5 or 6 members at level 60 and few more working to get there before the first stroll into Molten Core. May our enemies die swiftly and treasures be bountiful!

The PvP group is still in the mid to upper 40’s. Members have worked to fill in some of the holes in their gear to make their characters just a bit more powerful in those battlegrounds.

Our website forums have been very active with members getting to know each other. Discussing leveling plans and creating launch day quest groups.

We are continuing to accept applications to grow our ranks. Now at between 40 and 50 active members on the forums, discord or the Placeholder Guild we currently have. If you want to enjoy Classic World of Warcraft with a mature community (average age of our members is 47). If you want to take your time and enjoy the content without worry of being left behind. If you want to be apart of a community that will clear the raids at our pace and not the top 1% pace then head over to our website and fill out an application!

Www. Reguild .org

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday! Big announcement today with Classic launching on August 27th! Here at Random Encounter we are working behind the scenes to ensure we have members in place to get our charter completed as quickly as possible. Once a server list put out by Blizzard, we will be making the announcement to our membership to ensure we all pick the same server the first time!

Over the past week we have scheduled a few interviews with applicants and would like to welcome Olryn to family! I anticipate adding a couple more later this evening after work and such.

Our Project 60 is growing, and it looks like we will have a pretty good showing for our first Molten Core run on Saturday. Looking forward to updating the progress on that next Tuesday.

That is all for this week. Check back next week for another update. Happy Hunting!

www.reguild.org

Happy Tuesday from Random Encounter! We hope everyone who has received a Beta Invite is enjoying themselves and getting those bugs tested! If you have not yet received one, may those at Blizzard be kind and hook you up!

We have had a very busy week here since the release date announcement for Classic and Beta invites starting going out. We have welcomed 14 new members to our ranks, raising our total number of active members to nearly 60! I’d like to extend a public welcome to the following new members: Lyon, Tater, Moose, Archivaris, Braneric, Gnooble, Moonie, Mediic, Civildude, Stew, Goody, Lath and Anne! Welcome to Random Encounter, we are very glad to have you with us.

I’d also like to announce and congratulate Mythonhaos for his recent promotion to Officer. Congratulations Myth!

Here at Random Encounter we have a few members who have received Beta invites. As more of our members receive invites in future waves we plan to form a guild on the Beta so we can test Classic as a guild!

Saturday our Project 60 team on Feathermoon made their first venture into Molten Core. After about 3 hours our team of 11 got to take our first guild photo in front of Ragnaros’ sparkling and treasure filled hammer! Thursday they will be making a return trip to the depths of Molten Core to defeat him again and time permitting may even make their way into the dark and dusty Blackwing Lair in hunt of the mighty Nefarian.

If Random Encounter seems like a community that you may be interested in being a part of visit www.reguild.org There you will find more information on how to apply!

Good Morning everyone! I’m Kanicus, Marshal in Random Encounter. Apologies for getting the weekly guild update out a little late this week, but here it is.

We’ve had another busy week this week, welcoming aboard 10 new members. Let’s all welcome Thouhtz, Rivertrace, Knarr, Darkstein, Falx, Deft, Space, Jillybean, Echoblade and Surrepo!

I believe we currently have 7 guild members participating in the Classic Beta. Once we have 3 more we will be forming the guild on the Beta.

We participated in the Stress Test last week. As a guild we formed a Hoger Raid and brought other Stress Tester’s along for the fun. This week, with the level cap raised to 10, we will be participating again. Look for us with the <Random Encounter> Tag for another community event tonight and tomorrow.

If you are interested in a Mature and Casual atmosphere. Where you can make new friends and have a second family in game. Stress free fun where you play how you want. Then head over to www.reguild.org. There you will find a bit more information about the community we are building in Classic as well as information on how to apply!

Happy Tuesday everyone! We are another week closer to the launch of Classic. Hooray!

The new additions to the guild this week have put us just over 70 members. Please help me in welcoming the following new members. Jaicee, Moxie, Kolya, Brake and Sidney. Welcome to Random Encounter!

Some big news today for those on the Beta, level cap is being raised to 40. Enjoy the new content and happy bug hunting! We had another great turnout for the Beta Stress Test.

Our Feathermoon Guild will be making an adventure into Molten Core on Friday, good luck to those of you who can attend.

As always, we are recruiting mature members of the community that want a family type guild where you can play how you want with other friendly players. If you are interested head over to our website www.reguild.org

Good afternoon everyone! Anther week closer to launch day and we at Random Encounter are very excited and working hard to ensure we are successful come launch!

I’d like to start by congratulating our newest addition to the Officer ranks. Moxie will be assisting with event planning, scheduling and coordinating. In time she will likely assist with recruiting as well. Congratulations Moxie!

I’d also like to welcome aboard our newest members. Gandalfstikmage, Dorris, Flipityflu, Merlinsapostle, Iamanewbie, Bright, Dhia and Davak. Welcome to the family!

We had our second guild meeting this month with great attendance. We had 27 members present. The guild meeting as recorded and is on YouTube. It can be viewed here: www. youtube .com/watch?v=Te5XgAvbjr4

We currently have 76 active members participating on the website, in discord and in our placeholder guild on retail.

Head on over to our website if you think you may be interested. Plenty of information about the guild there for those interested in joining.

www.reguild.org

Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are under 70 days until launch and have 79 great people. I would like to welcome our newest members Wredd, Acoma, and Kevran to the family.

We have continued to run 15-60 dungeons with guild members. It has been a lot of fun as we have encouraged players to run in roles typically out of their normal playstyle. If you are looking to find a safe environment to play in now and when classic launches, this is the place to be. Want to tank without being yelled at? We got you covered. Afraid to try healing? You won't find a more patience and helpful group to try it.

We also plan to head into Molten Core again with our P60 raid group on our Feathermoon placeholder guild. If you never saw it in the day, this will give you a peek into the general mechanics and our raiding atmosphere.

Everyone is excited about the stress test tomorrow and Random Encounter will have a strong prescence there. Head on over to our website if you think you may be interested. Come join the fun !

www.reguild.org

Please apply at the above website.

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184
Recruiter - Mythonhaos#11437

Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are under 63 days until launch. I would like to welcome our newest member Mikicus to the family.

We participated in the Stress Test last week. It was fun helping each other level and laugh during the chaos that ensued. Some even took a shot at the Deadmines at level 15. New friendships were built, and old ones were strengthened. We are looking forward to launch with a community already established.

Due to the start of summer, a lot of members are busy getting real life out of the way so they are free for launch at the end of August. Discord remains busy though as the excitement continues to grow.

We plan to show a strong guild presence during the next stress test starting July 18th. This is a great time to apply before we get busy with new applicants. Check out our recruitment post below:

Random Encounter is a guild for older/mature gamers. We will be rolling on a RP server during classic. No drama, community, RP events, competent raid, and more. Visit www. reguild. org to apply or PST for info. More than a guild, a home.

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are 55 days until launch. I would like to welcome our newest members Joroth, Kochegar, Razzle, N7kuzo, and Stevie to the family.

We had a busy week with recruitment and I only see it getting busier as we approach launch. People are continuing to make new friends on our discord channel. Activity is quite high considering that the game hasn't even launched.

Some of our members are doing the ironman challenge to pass the time before the next stress test on July 18th. The guild has also returned to our P60 Molten Core run. Everyone had a good time. There are plans next week to head into BWL or AQ20 depending on the turnout.

If you are on the fence about applying, just jump over it. You won't find another guild quite like us !

Check out our recruitment post below:

Random Encounter is a guild for older/mature gamers. We will be rolling on a RP server during classic. No drama, community, RP events, competent raid, and more. Visit www. reguild. org to apply or PST for info. More than a guild, a home.

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184

Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are under 47 days until launch. I would like to welcome our newest members Ninari, Jspiff, Grombrindol, Voice, and Calidge to the family.

We have been very busy and so I am a little late with my short post this week. The guild did an P60 AQ20 run, and fish head antics were happening on retail. I wont go into detail here. You will have to join to find out. In summary, a lot of laughs. We have an officer meeting on Sunday so I should have more to share next week.

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184

Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are under 42 days until launch. We have a new Warden rank added to the guild. They uphold the core values of the guild, and are the people all new members can reach out to for help or with questions. Please congratulate Bright, our first Warden!

The guild jumped back into P60 AQ raid. Our group is working together well. Not a single wipe the whole night :)

A new raiding spreadsheet has been put together by our Guild Master. This allows us to see what roles and professions decided players have committed to. With many on the fence on what to main, it should help everyone else decide what they wish to play.

We are looking forward to jumping into the last stress test as a guild on July 25th - 26th. We plan to simulate a day one launch and get the guild up and running quickly.

A reminder that Blizzard will be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13 allowing you to reserve 3 names. You have to be subscribed by then to do this so don't be afraid to jump back in a little early and get to know your guild mates.

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184

Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are under 35 days until launch. I would like to welcome our newest members Oklahillbilly, Kailara, Lessandra, Jazimin, and Rainesif to the family. Please congratulate Talibus, Jaicee, and Space on their promotions to Warden!

The officer core has been hard at work organizing events for the first two months into launch. We now stand at 88 helpful and friendly people with all different types of play styles. We are a community first guild, but that doesn't mean we wont get things done. We already have 40 committed full time or casual raiders. The Role play division is coming up with new ideas all the time like Dungeons and Dragons themed dungeon runs. There is also a good number of people interested in PVP.

We have waited well over a decade for classic to relaunch. No one here is in a hurry to blaze through it. Sound like you ?

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184

Hello everyone! I am Mythonhaos, Recruiter for Random Encounter. We are 26 days until launch. I would like to welcome our newest members Krustykreme, SassMaching45, redshirt, RowanF, Degg, Stelshadow, BefouledOats, Rifkin, and Cecilie to the family.

We had another busy week with recruitment. Everyone is very excited with less than a month until launch. The ironman challenge is still going strong. Wobble, our guildmaster will be doing a vodcast on his twitch channel with a live Q & A on Friday August 2nd at 6pm EST. Our final pre-launch guild meeting will be happening on Sunday August 11th at 6pm EST. These are great times to get to know everyone before launch.

With nearly 100 friendly and helpful people, consider joining a community to build lasting memories with in Classic.

Discord Contacts:

GM - hobbit#1603
GM XO - Kanicus#0184

Users who are viewing this thread