Quickblade or Aurora secondaries on arc mages

Psycher

Veteran
Right now I’m running a mix of both because I haven’t gotten all the crate variations yet but I’m wondering what people think is better. I’ve seen good players with both.

Also is adaptable better than both? Can you get a +5 verse MH and OH?

other threads about this topic point to int+versa builds, but pieces with quickblade or aurora give more points overall than adaptable ones

Verse is straight up damage. Haste is faster cast on missiles. Crit is more bursty/unpredictable damage.

Generally most people agree on verse > haste > crit. I'd say don't sweat the details too much and just use what you have. Having a few quickblade pieces instead of aurora/adaptable isn't going to break the build and its going to basically be the exact same.

Verse is straight up damage. Haste is faster cast on missiles. Crit is more bursty/unpredictable damage.

Generally most people agree on verse > haste > crit. I'd say don't sweat the details too much and just use what you have. Having a few quickblade pieces instead of aurora/adaptable isn't going to break the build and its going to basically be the exact same.

I’d have to disagree with this one SLIGHTLY. Yes there isn’t a huge different on how the 3 stats effect your class when mixed. However stacking certain ones can really change how you end up going about a BG. I personally focus on vers and crit. crit mainly. I like the idea of closing the gap of the RNG on getting back to back to back AB crits, by stacking crit
[doublepost=1539639757,1539639531][/doublepost]And I’d like to add, with the current status of healers in this bracket, missle spamming won’t do the trick. So if you wanna take them down one of your only chances is getting back to back AB crit.

As veerchard said i dont think Haste is better on mages at all. Having faster missles will look like you are shooting an ak 47 all the time but it consumes even more mana (as if arcane didnt waste enough mana already). Stacking a lot of vers and crit just gives you big burst and very unpredictable (but not unreliable) damage against healers making it often a lot harder for them to stay alive. Often they start healing to late or they get nuked by back to back crits they didnt expect. Currently i hit around 110 arc missles and 200 crits with this build and its not even finished yet.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/arcanekîng

this doesnt mean that having a lot of haste is a bad thing, i believe it still depends heavily on your playstyle. Also the avarage dps difference between crit and haste is identical as far as i could see in my tests. But haste mages are OOM faster.

Last edited:
I was not playing arcane but I would say that haste makes the least visible difference. Crit is way too good even if its 150%. Is the easiest to stack % from rating.
Also there is one thing - crit makes more value out of your mana on arcane mage, haste only wastes your mana pool faster with less value.
If you stack haste against healer, you pray to cast arcane blast faster than he casts heal spell, but imagine having 25% crit - good chance you cast "extra arcane blast". Try to count how many times you have to cast arcane blast, so you cast one more arcane blast in comparison with non-haste build casting.
I was always stacking quickblade in low level bracket for burst, coz healers are the worst enemy and win bgs imo.

I was not playing arcane but I would say that haste makes the least visible difference. Crit is way too good even if its 150%. Is the easiest to stack % from rating.
Also there is one thing - crit makes more value out of your mana on arcane mage, haste only wastes your mana pool faster with less value.
If you stack haste against healer, you pray to cast arcane blast faster than he casts heal spell, but imagine having 25% crit - good chance you cast "extra arcane blast". Try to count how many times you have to cast arcane blast, so you cast one more arcane blast in comparison with non-haste build casting.
I was always stacking quickblade in low level bracket for burst, coz healers are the worst enemy and win bgs imo.

The 150% dmg cancels out the easier to stack rating when it comes to damage. Also you aren't casting arcane blast as an arcane mage, missles is better.

I’d have to disagree with this one SLIGHTLY. Yes there isn’t a huge different on how the 3 stats effect your class when mixed. However stacking certain ones can really change how you end up going about a BG. I personally focus on vers and crit. crit mainly. I like the idea of closing the gap of the RNG on getting back to back to back AB crits, by stacking crit
[doublepost=1539639757,1539639531][/doublepost]And I’d like to add, with the current status of healers in this bracket, missle spamming won’t do the trick. So if you wanna take them down one of your only chances is getting back to back AB crit.

I mean that when you focus on verse, the choice between the other 2 secondaries is fairly minor. If you are wargaming and need to stack crit to focus fire a healer, then go for it. For pugs/solo queue - if you focus on the verse than the other secondaries are probably fine regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread