Dismiss Notice
Hey there Anonymous! Now you can post on XPOFF without registering!

Quick update on Cata Server

Discussion in 'Level 10-19' started by Mvq, Jan 24, 2019.

Share This Page

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Quack

Quack young draco

just dont play rogue

2. Raz

Raz player

Pretty crazy that it's almost August 25th 2017, I'm excited to play!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Bestworld

Bestworld MBA

I have a few questions regarding the server, and I believe they are fair questions.

It's been a few private servers already from what I've heard? Last one (cata) was okay, what happened?

You put up a poll about whether the community wanted a new server or not, and the majority of the community voted "no". You went ahead with the server anyways, why's that? Personally I'd feel like my work was wasted if people doesn't show any interest towards it.

Going back to my first question, given that you can answer it reasonably, what's being done to prevent history from repeating itself? Any new measures?

These are simply legitimate concerns I have.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

Last cata got shutdown due to the business partners I had were too lazy to actually do anything. I had to tell them 10 times atleast to fix a simple bug like a talent proc not working.

What I'm doing to prevent history from repeating itself is making some changes, like:
    - Removing class limit in BGs
    - Making GF'd gear cost a currency, each piece costing ~3 WSG wins
    - Making class changes, such as (these are just ideas) giving Druids Feline Swiftness baseline (+30% mvspeed in cat form), increase cat form dmg, removing CS from mages and so on.

• Surprised Surprised x 1
  5. Bestworld

Bestworld MBA

Voicing some concerns, but if you go on with your last points, you're essentially "making your own game". Taking balancing into your own hands etc. That can have strong effects on the people playing, or planning to play. Shit ain't easy, but if you're going through with this, I think let cata be cata, talk with the people playing, make decisions from there.

I think if people are going to play, the main concern should be that everything works as intended. Once everything is running smooth and people are interested, then you can start concerning about balancing issues etc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

Yeah obviously. We ran cata for quite a bit, and it's pretty obvious what the main flaws with it is. I addressed the flaws in cata in my previous post, you can find it somewhere.

7. Trollguden

Trollguden <Less is More>

It would totally fit me, I'm not even blonde... aaand I'm not that masculine (no homo) so I should def be a caster. Prob a healer because I like to make ppl feel good (not in that way) and I would def be down for my npc being a cute girl for the sake of the players on the server.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Surprised Surprised x 1
  8. Quack

Quack young draco

hows it going twinker dinker :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Opek2

Opek2 Get Glad

Idk what’s going on here but you might be a trap my dude, just throwin that out there

10. Quack

Quack young draco

@Mvq hi twink - is this happening :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

chill Success, yes it is

12. Quack

Quack young draco

great twinker dinker! keep us updated

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)