EU+US Quick tip- easy iPvP rings for f2p

junkseer

Grandfathered
Hey everyone, thought i'd share a small detail some people might have missed. While the BiS ring at 20 for bgs is still Seal of Argas(ilvl 32) and variations from that quest, the 2nd slot can be easily filled with ilvl30 white quality ring, Silver Piffeny Band, which i've yet to see on any f2p armory profile.( www wowhead com /item=7342/silver-piffeny-band ). It costs exactly 10 gold, is sold by vendors in Azshara, Booty Bay, Exodar and Silvermoon City. You can even use two of them if that 2ilvl difference means nothing to you.

????? Pretty sure that won't bump your ilvl up enough to do anything

I think the easiest way as a F2P to get rings are:
Braided Copper Ring
Woven Copper Ring
For both rings you will need 9 copper ore, which will take like 2 minutes to get.
Both are avaliable at Level 10 which I prefer as I like to play BGs between 10-19.
As a fresh F2P you will need much more time to get 10 Gold to buy the Silver Piffeny Band.

As a fresh F2P you will need much more time to get 10 Gold to buy the Silver Piffeny Band.

Youre talking about a group of people that grinds Cenarian rep on a lvl 20 for no reason other than because they can. Ten gold isn't a time sink.

That said, OP, it might be the highest available but given the lack of high ilvl stuff, it's not likely to boost our average ilvl enough to affect stats. thanks for the heads up all the same.

it has no use in wpvp. ellos or bg box ring better.

I think the easiest way as a F2P to get rings are:
Braided Copper Ring
Woven Copper Ring
For both rings you will need 9 copper ore, which will take like 2 minutes to get.
Both are avaliable at Level 10 which I prefer as I like to play BGs between 10-19.

Run a few dungeons and viola, 10g

Once u hit 20, run some bg's and dungeons and u'll have 10g in no time. Even running arena awards gold. I find I gold cap (lol 10g that is) so often it's not funny. I also don't like seeing gold go to waste so I buy eternium thread and store in stacks for future gold should I need some quick. So it shouldn't be too difficult to get the Piffiny Bands. Add some high level trinkets and blue bg box items and it could just lift u enough to see some stats increase. I'm a Vet with ilvl 36 and currently it increases Stam by 2 and Ag by 1 and Armor by 1.

I think mos
Once u hit 20, run some bg's and dungeons and u'll have 10g in no time. Even running arena awards gold. I find I gold cap (lol 10g that is) so often it's not funny. I also don't like seeing gold go to waste so I buy eternium thread and store in stacks for future gold should I need some quick. So it shouldn't be too difficult to get the Piffiny Bands. Add some high level trinkets and blue bg box items and it could just lift u enough to see some stats increase. I'm a Vet with ilvl 36 and currently it increases Stam by 2 and Ag by 1 and Armor by 1.
Hell, you will probably get gold capped before queueing for your first 20-29, honestly. Dungeon Belt/Cape, Gloves and several placeholder for ilvl 28 pvp rewards are going to need a few runs, which yields good amount of gold.

Oh and I support this thread whole heartedly if it means we will see less PUGs with NO rings at all.
Make this thread permanent, so this way, forever, we will have less pugs with no rings in bgs.

Last edited:
At level 20, with any 1 dungeon run you yield more than 10 gold and hit the cap.

Last edited:

Walnut stock is better than the thread. Go resell everything :)

10g ring is pointless, you will need to farm 20g before being able to get both, that means sitting at a stat deficit for 6-8 bgs, and that's only if you win ( A loss = a few silver ).

I have 20 F2P alts and I use Mood Ring on all of them. They are 1g each/ 90s with Rep Discount. Since stats get scaled anyway, why invest the time to farm 20g or level professions to 75.

10g ring is pointless, you will need to farm 20g before being able to get both, that means sitting at a stat deficit for 6-8 bgs, and that's only if you win ( A loss = a few silver ).

I have 20 F2P alts and I use Mood Ring on all of them. They are 1g each/ 90s with Rep Discount. Since stats get scaled anyway, why invest the time to farm 20g or level professions to 75.

What are you doing at level 20 that's so time intensive that spending an easy afternoon accumulating some gold and leveling professions is such an unacceptable time sink?

What are you doing at level 20 that's so time intensive that spending an easy afternoon accumulating some gold and leveling professions is such an unacceptable time sink?

Having 20 different alts maybe, and not wanting to do anything but iPVP on them. My mains are running The Rocks x2 and I can't be bothered leveling proffs or farming 20g on each alt.

Having 20 different alts maybe, and not wanting to do anything but iPVP on them. My mains are running The Rocks x2 and I can't be bothered leveling proffs or farming 20g on each alt.

How are you getting trinkets, then? When trying for Marks of Honor I easily get 20 gold worth of useless reward armor to sell because the marks never drop.

Users who are viewing this thread