Quick question bout ilvl requirements

Conwaytwitty

Grandfathered
I have a few 39s (mainly clothies and leatherwearers) that have hit a high enough average ilvl to get the stat bonus. Clothies at like 7% cuz of wands and rogue and druid both at ilvl 54 for a 1% stat bonus (which I think is more than 1% cuz when I hit ilvl54 with my rogue he got an extra 7 base agi). However, recently, I was able to win the fishing tournament twice in a row on my hunter and he is one epic away from 54, but my question is; do I have to hit ilvl 54 on chain mail/plate wearers to get the more significant stat bonus or do I have to get my average ilvl higher? Now I know that there are plenty of hunts/shammy/pallies/wars that took advantage of the legion invasions at 39 so they most likely have hit higher than ilvl 54 so if there are any of you out there who know for sure and can tell me, it would be a great help to me so that I know if it is even worth it to farm epics and the fishing trinket. I tried asking blizz........but.....they told me they can't "reveal that info cuz they don't wana give anyone an advantage......". xD

OK so... I'm not 100% sure what you are asking but I thought I got the gist of it, so I decided to do some testing of my own. I have a 39 Hunter with a full GF'd invasion set and insignia+AGM, which brings my average iLvl in instanced PVP to 55. I also have all the BOA gear and some dungeon gear, and with that equipped it brought me to an average of 45. So I que'd up and recorded the resulting stat differences with each of those iLvls equipped. The results are as follows:

Average iLvL of 45 in BG's:
9576 HP
162 AGI
342 STA
241 ARM
13% CRIT
6% HASTE
3% VERSI

Average iLvL of 55 in BG's:
9660 HP
163 AGI
345 STA
244 ARM

13% CRIT
6% HASTE
3% VERSI

So... As you can see, even with an iLvl difference of 10, the stat change is negligible. Now for clothies the added stats for higher iLvls matters, but for mail wearers at least, the difference is underwhelming to say the least. So that gear farm is only to make you feel better, as it will not have any meaningful impact in BG's or Arenas. The way you play/ who you play with will have the most significant effect on whether you win or lose.

Last edited:
OK so... I'm not 100% sure what you are asking but I thought I got the gist of it, so I decided to do some testing of my own. I have a 39 Hunter with a full GF'd invasion set and insignia+AGM, which brings my average iLvl in instanced PVP to 55. I also have all the BOA gear and some dungeon gear, and with that equipped it brought me to an average of 45. So I que'd up and recorded the resulting stat differences with each of those iLvls equipped. The results are as follows:

Average iLvL of 45 in BG's:
9576 HP
162 AGI
342 STA
241 ARM
13% CRIT
6% HASTE
3% VERSI

Average iLvL of 55 in BG's:
9660 HP
163 AGI
345 STA
244 ARM

13% CRIT
6% HASTE
3% VERSI

So... As you can see, even with an iLvl difference of 10, the stat change is negligent. Now for clothies the added stats for higher iLvls matters, but for mail wearers at least, the difference is underwhelming to say the least. So that gear farm is only to make you feel better, as it will not have any meaningful impact in BG's or Arenas. The way you play/ who you play with will have the most significant effect on whether you win or lose.

I think you mean 'negligible' lol

Thanks DigitalChemyst for posting that stat comparison.

I was curious what all my farming work got me on my priest so I did the same gear switch in a BG.

ilevel 45.56
10,192 Health
212 Intellect
364 Stamina
212 Spell Power
8.83% Crit
4.29% Haste
4.76% Versatility
Shadow Mend = 1,666

ilevel 54.43
10,276 Health
214 Intellect
367 Stamina
214 Spell Power
8.83% Crit
4.29% Haste
4.87% Versatility
Shadow Mend = 1,683

For the above the increase in Shadow Mend size is 1.02 percent. However the increase in health/stamina is 0.82%

Now I am wondering what happens if I was to put on level 50 worth of gear. Would I have a 1/2% increase in Shadow Mend?

log in to a 39, any of them i have 4 or 5. see paly needs plate......scarlet set useless. hunter still in double intel enchants on 2 1 handers. tidal charm useless in bg’s. i didnt farm invasion gear so damn near every piece on all toons are subpar. best i can get are bg boxes and even then it wont be enough to boost ilvl over 1%?
sounds alot like my 29’s.

I just tried out increasing my ilevel by 5 over 44 to 49 and it seems you don't need a full 1% to get bonus stats. A 1/2 of a percent from ilevel (5 levels) gives you half of the bonuses as 10 levels.

Tyvm for all this info.
[doublepost=1521317998,1521317823][/doublepost]
I just tried out increasing my ilevel by 5 over 44 to 49 and it seems you don't need a full 1% to get bonus stats. A 1/2 of a percent from ilevel (5 levels) gives you half of the bonuses as 10 levels.
Yeah, I've noticed that too over the course of playing Legion. My characters that have their ilvl around 49 or 50 seem to get an extra 1 or 2 points in their primary stat, an extra 100 hp, couple extra armor and a bit of extra crit and haste depending on class, spec and how their stats are templated/scripted.

I think you mean 'negligible' lol
Yup, fixed that haha. Thanks for the catch.
[doublepost=1521319742,1521319242][/doublepost]
Thanks DigitalChemyst for posting that stat comparison.

I was curious what all my farming work got me on my priest so I did the same gear switch in a BG.

ilevel 45.56
10,192 Health
212 Intellect
364 Stamina
212 Spell Power
8.83% Crit
4.29% Haste
4.76% Versatility
Shadow Mend = 1,666

ilevel 54.43
10,276 Health
214 Intellect
367 Stamina
214 Spell Power
8.83% Crit
4.29% Haste
4.87% Versatility
Shadow Mend = 1,683

For the above the increase in Shadow Mend size is 1.02 percent. However the increase in health/stamina is 0.82%

Now I am wondering what happens if I was to put on level 50 worth of gear. Would I have a 1/2% increase in Shadow Mend?
No Problem, glad to help the community wherever I can. And yeah, from the looks of the testing, every 10 levels increase in iLvl will net a ~1% increase in stats (with every 5 iLvls resulting in ~.5%), so for you as a gear farmer, your main focus will be to hit that next threshold. So for instance, iLvl 45-49 would result in no stat changes until you hit 50, and so on and so forth. My question is where do the thresholds lie, for example 45-49, or 46-50?

I assume that 39s work the same as 19s. Here's what I've figured out through some testing for 19s - I'll leave it up to you guys to confirm its the same.

Each average equipped ilvl above the "standard" (I assume is 44?) brings your total stats up by 0.1%. Your ilvl is a decimal (use deja char stats to see it...or average it up yourself). So an ilvl of 49.37 actually increases your stats by (49.37-44)*0.1% = .537%. So theres no breakpoints in terms of what ilvl you get to.

But there are breakpoints on the stat side of things. Stats are whole numbers only. At 19, where we have like ~60 of a given stat - an increase of .537% often won't actually increase a stat. 64*1.00537 = 64.34 - which won't actually bring you to 65. So you'll still have 64 agility. You can also tell that there are no decimals for stats, as you can see a spells damage won't increase until you actually see a new whole number (prob easier to see at 19).

So since the actually stat numbers depend on your class and spec's pvp template - the "thresholds" you're looking for aren't specific to level 39. They're going to be specific to your class/spec (and race). Luckily with the higher stats from playing at 39 - you'll hit whole numbers much more often. So just keep increasing your ilvl as much as you can. At 19, with stats around 50-60, we would need to get a 2% increase or 20 ilvls above our standard to actually see a single stat upgrade.

Wands gives 6.25% extra stats to your template. Using the proper armor type (all plate or w/e) increases primary stat (agi/int/str) by 5%.

The basic conclusion is that a well geared twink might have 1-2% extra stats/damage/healing than someone with all looms and/or all dungeon items. As long as you use the right armor type and weapon (rogues should not use int weapons, casters should not use agi/str weapons, use a wand if you can, shields give armor to your template while offhands do not, etc) and have something in each slot - you're geared enough to pvp.

Users who are viewing this thread