EU+US Questions about drop for low lvls

Kórnikus20

Royal Member
Yesterday I was going to test if lvls 20 can loot anything on skull mobs (normal, rare and elite).

I tested with my lvl 20 (without being in a party), to hit at least 1 damage on a skull mob after some tries (we tried on pandaria, a mob that had 100% drop one grey item), and then it appears grey to my lvl 100 friend. Then he kill it, and he couldnt loot it. But I couldn't drop it neither.

Then we tried to make a party, and we made the same thing. But this time he was able the only one able to loot him.

We weren't able to change the kind of loot (it was ''personal loot'') in a party, but we made it a raid, and we changed it to ''team loot'' and to ''free loot''. Same things happened. He was the only one who could loot the drop.

When I'm saying that ''I couldnt get the loot'' I mean that I didnt even have the loot icon on the mob.

But that's not all. We tried to look for a key on timeless isle that some monkeys drop.
After 30 dead monkeys, I were able to look 1 monkey, and he had the key. (my friend found 4-5 keys before me). The loot there was on ''personal loot'' and we stay in a party, and not in a raid.

2 things more to add:
-When WoD was on mid aproximately, I went there with my lvl 20 when I had 10 free days. I wanted to have an illusion on my weapon, so a lvl 100 friend help me. At the begining, I wasnt able to loot nothing, so we thought it was impossible, but we keep tring, normal/rare/elite guys, and finally some of them drop items that I could loot and disenchant for my illusions.
-The other thing is that on ''pirate's day'', I went to BB to kill the shark with my lvl 20, but I kill him 20 times or more, and couldnt get nothing. But this time was a little different. I was alone, and there were like 30 people, but sometimes I couldnt loot nothing, and other times, the loot icon appears, I clicked on it, but it was empty, black. I couldnt get this toy.

To finish this, I just want to do 2 things:
-I wanted to get ''http://www.wowhead.com/item=86568/mr-smites-brass-compass'' from pandaria rare with my lvl 20 pure starter
-And try to go with 1 lvl 100 and with 15 lvls 20's in a raid to his garrison with fishing place lvl 3, and use ''http://www.wowhead.com/item=112633/frostdeep-minnow'' (the idea is first to go alone with my friend lvl 100 (he dosnt need to stay on the garrison, just in the group, and I have 800 fish on my lvl 20 thx to legion, and to fish this is just needed 700. Maybe without legion u can have 700 with some bonuses, I am not sure), and I try to take some of this fishes, and use them when all lvls 20 pure starter come) , to kill the mob and try to get the two turtles (I dont know if the fish need a minimun lvl on the characater to be fished. If this is like that, I would try to get the fishes whith my lvls 100 when I had gametime). -> it is supposed that with ''personal loot'' its easier for each one to get the turtle for him. I want to know too if we will be able to loot the boss.

Sorry for my bad english if u dont understand anything very well.

Last edited:
looting rules has been changed recently. players in party only eligible for personal loot with no option to change it.
Using script to change loot settings does show different options but they dont really work.

Thus low levels are no longer able to loot higher level mobs. Toys from pandaria no longer available to 20s.
Also wod illusions dropped without being learned retroactively.

Basically you are late to the party.

¿Then why the key from the monkeys was able to get by a lvl 20?

And, another thing. If u are in a group with the lvl 100 and he kill the mob in the garrison and get the mount, ¿is it still abailable the option with the blue text that lets u to trade the mount in X hours?

¿Then why the key from the monkeys was able to get by a lvl 20?

And, another thing. If u are in a group with the lvl 100 and he kill the mob in the garrison and get the mount, ¿is it still abailable the option with the blue text that lets u to trade the mount in X hours?

You can loot trash items.
maybe it falls to the junk category. no idea.
do not believe you can trade the mount since it is bind on picking up.

Personally, been trying different pandaria rares and wod mobs.
most of the time i can not loot it at all. Couldn't even loot claws when did saberstalkers rep on 20.

Well there goes my dream of Savage Cub. But sounds like Cursed Swabby Helmet dream might still be alive? :O
Nope tried many things in order to get claws. nothing worked. maybe someone else will have better chances.
In theory, if you can loot every rare on timeless isle you get the toy since its bound to achievement.
no idea since i never went that far

Nope tried many things in order to get claws. nothing worked. maybe someone else will have better chances.
In theory, if you can loot every rare on timeless isle you get the toy since its bound to achievement.
no idea since i never went that far
I haven't been able to loot rares on Timeless Isle since the looting change; however, trash mobs (on timeless isle specifically) have been rather hit and miss. You never know when the loot icon will pop up, and there seems to be no discernible rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah, that exactly what happened to me on timeless isle with the monkeys. I dont know if it is a bug or what. I dont even know if now timeless coins are able for lvls 20 :s ¿Maybe all things from skull mobs are now gf's for f2p people?
PD: another unlootable thing (as the other ones) is another skull mob -> near to gurubashi, the goblin.

But when u are in team, u have X hour to trade with bound things that u have got recently, isnt? A blue text appears on the item. I dont know if now this text or the option are not available anymore
as far as i know you only able to trade items from dungeons or raids. hardly mount will be one of those.
never tested it.

Yeah, that exactly what happened to me on timeless isle with the monkeys. I dont know if it is a bug or what. I dont even know if now timeless coins are able for lvls 20 :s ¿Maybe all things from skull mobs are now gf's for f2p people?
PD: another unlootable thing (as the other ones) is another skull mob -> near to gurubashi, the goblin.
You are definitely able to loot timeless coins. If mobs are too hard for you, try the glinting sand on the beach.

Another point where we can strangely loot is in Tol Barad. There are some http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47591/baradin-crocolisk and we can loot them! So maybe we can get the pet from the little wolfs, Im not sure.
I dont know if you have this pet in your web @aislingyngaio, but I suposse yes because you can anyway get ''vulpix'' winning Tol Barad. (note: it's strange that wowhead dont find this vulpix and the one dropped from the fox as similar, but I think its a bug from wowhead, as other ones that it has)

And we can also loot the murloc in the garrison (at least when a blue item drops and we all (lvl 100 and 20) see the need window appear) http://www.wowhead.com/npc=81171/frostdeep-cavedweller

Why? Im going crazy with this kind of things. When we can loot skull mobs? Maybe never but with the exception that we are saying??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread