Question regarding a specific Apexis rare - Draenor

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by blue09, Jan 11, 2021.

Share This Page

1. blue09

blue09 Grandfathered

Hello everyone, I have a few question about the Mecha Plunderer rare mob:
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=87026/mecha-plunderer
    I know that he is a lvl 40 apexis rare and has a respawn timer of around 4 hours, but after camping him for a 12 hour period, I failed to catch it alive (char was on the draenor chromie time, with warmode on, to avoid competition and to avoid issue with phasing).
    My question is: do you require a speciifc quest or phase to see it ? I only found this quest to be related to the rare:
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=36681/assault-on-lost-veil-anzu#comments
    But there is no mention of some special phasing or anything. Any info is much apreciated!

2. Warglave

Warglave Member

Odds are you wont be able to equip the item anyway, they patched most of that stuff a while back... i recently again just tried the caster staff in lunarfall just above that area and could not equip it, required level 30-something i believe.

Not talking about the agi staff farther south, speaking of the caster one.

3. fungchewuchi

fungchewuchi Legend

most of arak isn't particularly lootable/useable to us 20s, but i think there's exceptions. i don't think i've seen those exceptions tested and documented out.

4. Warglave

Warglave Member

The area he's talking about dropped ilvl 36 blues that said they required level 30 but could still be equipped after the fix if you already got them? I got the same item from the lunarfall staff rare yesterday and it was ilvl 44, not 36 anymore.

I'll find/post some pics here what i mean, gimme a few minutes....

edit- ok, here is pre-fix and post fix. The first can be equipped still even tho it says 30, the second requires 35. Both at 20.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. OP
    blue09

blue09 Grandfathered

Yes, this is the reason why i'm camping that specific rare... Saw a few days ago a twink with the one hand from him and it was ilvl 36 (2 ilvl more than my artifact) and lvl 20 required and also with versa/mastery. Knowing that the Bramble staff eluded the fixes, I thought there might been a few items that also got overlooked, so I want to try and test if he still drops bugged loot. Only problem îs that I can't see him alive...

6. fungchewuchi

fungchewuchi Legend

yeah, those i think will lead to continued thread creation as people continually peep that kinda gear on characters now and then. do we have a list of all of them? arak and the bordering high hills that are technically smv.

7. Warglave

Warglave Member

Well i have a level 20 with the ilvl 36 staff equipped.... what i'm saying is that I tried again and the drop is now ilvl 44.

Feel free to try for it and I wish you luck, but odds are it was fixed. The staff that was "missed" was an outlier situation in the first place as the mob itself acts as a one-and-done like normal rares but dropped (IF it drops) apexis-level loot.

If you can loot if more than once or if it shows as a star on your map after you've killed it previously i'd dismiss it.

The mobs were also skull-level mobs to 20, i believe, which should not have dropped loot but for a time still did.

8. OP
    blue09

blue09 Grandfathered

Yes, I'm aware of the Bramble King status, the odd clasification, but it does not hurt to try and test them every once in a while y'know? With every patch something gets busted or bugged, and chances are it might be the exact loot I'm after. I don't play the lottery in real life, but at least I'm gambling in the game :)....Also, I do belive the current bugged items will stay for a while ( seen as some other incomplete fixes they made in the past are still relevant, looking at the +14 ilvl relics) so why not?

9. Warglave

Warglave Member

No it does not! I hope you find a goodie, best of luck. ;)