EU+US Question re : XP locking

icehawk

The Beast Within
Just a quick question if someone can help me with, but on a Starter Account, I believe you can lock XP, but if I do, can I line up for BG's? What about lining up for arena after lvl 15?

If anyone has any experience with locking XP as a Starter that would be greatly appreciated ;)

Can only use dungeonfinder and wargames. No pugging at all so no arena and bg pugs.

(Also you can queue for arenas at lvl 10. You just need a macro for that. Not sure if this one still works though)

Why would you lock your exp at 15? For anything else than dungeon reward satchet?
Dungeon and quest gear. Alot new gear comes available at 14/15/16. Many players also pvp level and that is pretty much an update to your character getting gear without gaining xp when only focussed on bgs.

It's that this site is focussed on xp-off otherwise I'd post a nice 10-19 pvp leveling guide for veterans and payed customers :)

Last edited:
Dungeon and quest gear. Alot new gear comes available at 14/15/16. Many players also pvp level and that is pretty much an update to your character getting gear without gaining xp when only focussed on bgs.
^ This Hummingbird.
PvP is what I love, and now that I'm F2P, the new toons I'm working on, I want to lock at 15, gear up via dungeons, quests, professions, then unlock and PvP from 15 to 20 :D That's just what I'm used to doing. When I was paid up, I would PvP in every bracket, and use my alts profs to gear them to the best of their ability at every level. Takes longer to level via bg's, with some questing in between but it's damn fun. Love making the Horde rage quit :p
Would have been fun to PvP while locked at 15, but I'm happy to grind for a bit to make that 15 - 20 a little bit more enjoyable. Plus the pops are so much quicker in the levelling bracket.

Does this apply with XP on? Are you queued with levelers if you parked a F2P/Vet at 19 and just queued arena?
No it doesn't apply with XP on. Here is how I believe it operates :-
1. if you have an active sub, then you can lock your XP at any level, say at 19 but you will only be doing arena and bg's with others who have locked their XP
2. If you don't have an active sub, then you can lock your XP at any level (up to 20), and say you lock it at 19, you will not be able to bg or arena with anyone. Don't know why they've put this restriction on unsub'd accounts, but you can create wargames and do dungeons as mentioned
3. The only way to bg and arena with levellers is to have your XP on, and this is the case for starters, vets and sub'd players

What I like to do is gear up and bg in the levelling brackets. While I was sub'd I could do it easily with all my alts gearing my levelling toons, but now that I'm unsub'd, I have to lock XP to gear my F2P's up, then unlock so they can be relatively tough in the bgs. Obviously not as tough as P2P or Vet geared toons, but still respectable ;)

No it doesn't apply with XP on. Here is how I believe it operates :-
1. if you have an active sub, then you can lock your XP at any level, say at 19 but you will only be doing arena and bg's with others who have locked their XP
2. If you don't have an active sub, then you can lock your XP at any level (up to 20), and say you lock it at 19, you will not be able to bg or arena with anyone. Don't know why they've put this restriction on unsub'd accounts, but you can create wargames and do dungeons as mentioned
3. The only way to bg and arena with levellers is to have your XP on, and this is the case for starters, vets and sub'd players
Exactly this is how it works.

Blizzards explenation for why veteran/trial <20 can't play with xp-lock is simple: it's a popular bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread