Question about transmog

BigNasty

Veteran
I know it may be a stupid question, but I bought the "Crown of Eternal Winter" so I could transmog my Master Engineer's Googles on my rouge but it wont let me since they are cloth and I wear leather. The question I guess is how do other twink rogues do it but I cant?

Example below:
69e64154443a80c27adb59e923863c64.png

My guess would be, to equip a leather helmet during the transmog process, Overlap the current helmet transmog to Crown of Eternal Winter, drag your master engineer's goggles back on so you are wearing them, then confirm the transmog. That's how I get Hidden helmet/cosmetic helmets to work on cloth goggles as leather/mail/plate users.

My guess would be, to equip a leather helmet during the transmog process, Overlap the current helmet transmog to Crown of Eternal Winter, drag your master engineer's goggles back on so you are wearing them, then confirm the transmog. That's how I get Hidden helmet/cosmetic helmets to work on cloth goggles as leather/mail/plate users.

Hmm, I suddenly want Lucky Fishing Hats on my Monks and Hunters.

Last edited:
Doesn't work with the Lucky Fishing Hat? Or I can't get them on Monks and Hunters?

You can obtain the hat itself on monks & hunters. What I am saying, is that you cant mog a pair of goggles to LFH on a non-cloth user because it is a cloth helmet, not a cosmetic. (side note, fishing skill (1) is required to mog LFH on cloth users)

It worked! Thanks so much!

It worked! Thanks so much!

I tried to word it as well as I could, was afraid you'd be confused by what I was saying. glad it worked!

You can obtain the hat itself on monks & hunters. What I am saying, is that you cant mog a pair of goggles to LFH on a non-cloth user because it is a cloth helmet, not a cosmetic. (side note, fishing skill (1) is required to mog LFH on cloth users)

I'm confused about your point on goggles... I was just looking to hide the Lucky Fishing Hat, not turn it into another cloth item.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot to mention I'm Starter Edition and can't get the Goggles. So was just interested in this to hide the Lucky Fishing Hat.

I'm confused about your point on goggles... I was just looking to hide the Lucky Fishing Hat, not turn it into another cloth item.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot to mention I'm Starter Edition and can't get the Goggles. So was just interested in this to hide the Lucky Fishing Hat.

Blasphemy! Who hides the hat?

Well i guess this works only with the black market items, because i wasnt able to do this with casual leather hat appearances. The googles immediatly becomes untransmogable, when u drag it with required mog selected. Works only with "hide" option.

Well i guess this works only with the black market items, because i wasnt able to do this with casual leather hat appearances. The googles immediatly becomes untransmogable, when u drag it with required mog selected. Works only with "hide" option.

It only works for hide and cosmetics nothing else and thats been said a few times.

Can't transmog cloth to leather as they are not the same armor type.

You can only transmog cloth to cloth, cloth to hidden, or cloth to cosmetic.

Since you mentioned leather, I am assuming you're a leather-wearer. Therefore, you will have no cloth available in your wardrobe, as cloth items only get added to the wardrobe if you are a cloth-wearer.

Therefore, you can only transmog the cloth head to be hidden, or into a cosmetic item, and the method to do that is to equip a leather helm, hide or add you desired cosmetic, change to a cloth item, click apply.

Users who are viewing this thread