Question about hunter pets

Lilshottay

Hey everyone. I’m going on a spree right now of just scrolling Petopia and trying to find pets I think are cool but I’m wondering if that’ll help me in pvp. I’ve been using an elekk for pvp but also wanna try out a hound. Does your pet make a huge difference? Or is it just play style/preference?

I play BM if that makes any difference.

I’d suggest a pet with a healing debuff for PvP. Makes it a little easier when against good healers.
Having a pet that slows isn’t ideal as being a Hunter it’s easy to slow people via Conc shot.
I guess ultimately it comes down to play style, but I’ve always lent on the healing debuff.

I prefer a per with Ferocity/Mortal Wounds, but sometimes go with Cunning/Mortal Wounds in a premade with good heals.

I play pure F2P survival hunter.
My personal preference for PVP is Hydra ( Tenacity + Mortal wounds ) . Tenacity is good choice for arena or BG - becouse you have panic button Survival of the fittest ( 20% reduces all dmg you and pet for 6 second ) + tenacity bring bonus 5% maximum healt. You can use Survival of the fittest with mark of tyranny + heirloom neck and you have pretty good survival button.
Mortal wounds for pvp is very good choice against any class with healing.

For dungeon soling / farming etc. is best choice Ferocity pet becouse 10% leech .
My choice for soling dungeon is Scalehide pet - very good for tanking ( Ferocity 10% leech , + 50% damge reducing for 12s/60s CD) My personal choice is second pet in PVE Gorilla - becouse ferocity + 60% damage reducing when falling below 40% HP for 15s / 120 CD . Gorilla ability is good choice for combination with Scalehide CD . For example - Your scalehide is in trouble , ability is on CD - you dismiss pet in the middle of fight and cal gorilla for ability. Is optional choice for saving a day but its not necessery.

Short:
For pvp hydra ( Tenacity + mortal wounds )
For pve Scalehide ( Ferocity + 50% dmg reduction ) + Gorilla

Mind that cunning pet speed buff stacks with minor speed boots enchant, so I use a cunning mortal wound pet on a veteran hunter with minor speed and a tenacity mortal wound pet on the f2p hunter with wotlk tuskar vitality

Users who are viewing this thread