Question about 50s

Rebral

Grandfathered
I have a level 50 horde warrior gathering dust right now and was thinking of twinking him at 50 but I was wondering how active this bracket is? Im really interested in doing the raids at level 50 and would faction/server change if need be to join a guild but how active are those runs? Also how is pvp in this level?

Hey, I think it is almost only me that is really active at the moment ? I am active on 3 lvl 50 twinks on draenor alliance and 1 lvl51 twink on draenor horde.

their names are "Androclus" "Samadius" Armatolos" "Andrakla" if u want to armory them.

PS: Any Duels, arenas, bg's, raids, Dungeons, relic coffer farms, world pvp, gear comparing. I am up for anything concerning 50-51:)
Add Battletag: Andrakla#2568

I wish this bracket came back. Really want to see what happened to raiding given the new changes to Hit rating! My 50 twink is just there doing nothing :/

As someone who has never done 50s, what're they like? They seem like an interesting level to stop at.. what's the purpose?

Level 50 is the minimum level to enter Vanilla raids - there used to be fairly large numbers that raided AQ20/MC/BWL? at 50.

There seemed to be a lot of excitement over it, but I don't know how successful it was. Fun, though. :)

As someone who has never done 50s, what're they like? They seem like an interesting level to stop at.. what's the purpose?

Since raiding at 60 was super easy throughout Cata and onwards, Thirk had the genius idea to start this project with other people.

It took off really slowly, but eventually happened. In my opinion, the reason for 50 is for the insane challenge. Progressing through level 60 raids as a level 50 gave (to some) the nostalgia of doing vanilla raids with the difficulty they were intended to have. There is practically no room for mistakes. You need to kill the bosses with the right mechanics (mechanics of vanilla fights are almost long lost).

However, I've got no idea the current state of 50s right now. As a healer, I never really looked into the hit rating for 50s but I know the DPS had to have A LOT of it. Now that its removed, I have no idea if its still doable! :/

Vanilla raids weren't hard at the time, doing them now at level 50 is much more difficult.

Since raiding at 60 was super easy throughout Cata and onwards, Thirk had the genius idea to start this project with other people.

It took off really slowly, but eventually happened. In my opinion, the reason for 50 is for the insane challenge. Progressing through level 60 raids as a level 50 gave (to some) the nostalgia of doing vanilla raids with the difficulty they were intended to have. There is practically no room for mistakes. You need to kill the bosses with the right mechanics (mechanics of vanilla fights are almost long lost).

However, I've got no idea the current state of 50s right now. As a healer, I never really looked into the hit rating for 50s but I know the DPS had to have A LOT of it. Now that its removed, I have no idea if its still doable! :/

idk about 50's but i saw multiple 60s come out yesterday :eek:

idk about 50's but i saw multiple 60s come out yesterday :eek:

My friend made a new 60 twink guild on Moon Guard alliance [US] not long ago. I just re-subbed and realized that yesterday :p

Its good to see higher level brackets getting some activity.

On another note, would anyone know whether its better to go for versatility or multistrike as a 50 healer?

My friend made a new 60 twink guild on Moon Guard alliance [US] not long ago. I just re-subbed and realized that yesterday :p

Its good to see higher level brackets getting some activity.

On another note, would anyone know whether its better to go for versatility or multistrike as a 50 healer?

Versatility.

Thanks! I had that in mind, wanted to see if I was on the right track before using all the crystals I've been storing on my main lol.

Np. I don't think multistrike is viable below Level ~80.. Might be wrong but i see vers as much more useful.

Also, to anyone interested, I have been doing some world pvp recently on my 50 in Un'goro, Tanaris and EPL while merged on Tich. Its very fun, partly due to the fact that most levelers arent expecting it but some fights can become very interesting!

If you guys want to slowly get back on your 50s just hit me up by PMing me on here!

yep and that even with totally outdate gear/enchants ;) they removed hit/expertise, but don't forget that they also removed hit penalty untill 4 lvls+ before u get some penalty, so it is way better before and u can stack other stats than hit so dps for example can do way more dmg. And the doubled hp is a great boost, and makes it easier for healers to be honest. I had no problem hitting the mobs in raid and boss, and I don't recall that taunt ever missed. Besides with all the speed stacking you can do now, almost anyone can get 145%~ish default running speed which makes so many fights easier as you can get out of the way when needed much quicky or get to the assistance quicker etc. sometimes you are also faster than the mobs so kitting becomes a joke almost. Also with the bonus armor my druid easily gets 50% + mitigation and 500 + ap simultaneously.

Btw I saw on http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f40...ots-chants-not-stacking-ptr-64138/#post865411 that speed stacking is getting the nerf though. Anyone on PTR can see if bonus armor is getting a nerf for tanks too? It won't let me play on ptr for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realised how weak my 50 twink is (refering to my guardian druid now), after I thought it was so great when dueling random 60-65ish and winning duels with full hp. Then Today I dueled a lvl 56 monk only, and then it was opposite, he won with full hp. Well, he had full bonus armor gear, full volcanic set, staff of protection etc. and brewmaster spec. Even my 736 armor (53,22% mitigation) didn't last long. Bonus armor is a really good stat now for tanks, as it also gives AP, and as I have heard it gives not just AP but also SP in addition for brewmaster monks.

Just thought I would share some of my daily experience in this bracket and since there aren't anywhere else to share this.

PS: If there happen to be any 49/50/51 twinks or even just 49-60 twinks out there on EU servers. I am always up for dueling :)
You will be able to duel up against my 50 priest, 50 rogue, 50 druid and/or 51 shaman.

BattleNet ID: Andrakla#2568

Users who are viewing this thread