EU+US Q about how to obtain ROGUE i100 helm

Metal

Legend
I'm seeing some of y'all with some of the i100 Rogue-only helms sold by Griftah. Since the helms are BOP according to tooltip, are you doing the Draenor pickpocketing on your 29 to receive the Dingy Iron Coins? How does this work?

I've been trying to find specific info about how to go about getting this mask for my twink. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've read that you have to pickpocket Draenor mobs then you use the 'whistle' to summon Griftah and he fences yer goods and gives these coins to buy special rogue-only stuff. That's the end of my knowledge on the matter, lmao...

Yes you have to visit the "Tomb of Lights" in Talador I believe. When you are there you should enter one of the rooms that has 2 portals guarded by warlocks, mobs running out of the portals and guards killing these mobs. You should be stationed close to the draenei guards and pickpocket all of the mobs that are running out of the portals. Unfortunately, doing so will aggro the closest warlock and you will have to attempt to pull him towards the guards who will kill him before he kills you. You should note that a random lizard mob also spawns and randomly kills you.

It took me approximately 5 hours (solo) to get 30,000 coins which are required for all 9 masks. However, if you only want 1 mask it costs 1000. In order to obtain these coins you should use the item you get from pickpocketing your first mob to summon Griftah and "fench" all of the other items you have received from pickpocketing. He will in turn give you coins.

I did it on one of my 19's the other day. It was easy with 2 accounts. Just had one of my 100's party up and fly the 19 there. Every time a warlock showed up I killed him with the 100.
Getting enough coins for 1 mask is pretty quick. Less than 30 minutes.
Slice is correct, "Tomb of Lights" is the easiest place.

Well no. I only have One account. But I've got a friend who helps me with stuff sometimes
Took me 5-15 minutes to get 1000 coins btw.
Had to try for myself. The 5 hour thing is bullshit. You can easily get all masks in 1-2 hours.
zdgDcBH.jpg

:LUL: plebs with friends. I personally solo'd this with a 20 rogue. I asked for a port to Warspear and then walked all the way to Talador on my Azure Water Strider. Two things to look out for in the Tomb of Lights: The Phase Stalker, which hits you if you are in the back part of the room and the Warlock guy, which is in the front of the room. Make sure you have autoloot on so you don't spend a lot of time clicking loot.

Use this macro to count Dingy Coins ( courtesy of KiadaZuluhed on WoWhead):
/run c=GetItemCount print(c(112995)*2+c(112996)*3+c(112997)*4+c(113000)*4+c(112998)*5+c(113001)*6+c(112999)*6+c(113004)*6+c(113002)*8+c(113003)*10+c(113005)*12+c(113006)*18+c(113008)*20+c(113007)*20)

Another good place to farm them is Frostfire Ridge, if there is too much competition at the Tomb of Lights, at the Stonefang Outpost. You will be pickpocketing the mobs who are attacking the NPCs, the only thing you have to look out for is their cleave attack. Other than that, it is much safer to do solo, but a slower farm.

get a mage portal to warspear
get a person with draenor flying and a 2 person mount to fly you to the tomb of lights
go to the north east room and pickpocket the mobs
the graveyard is 200m away, the items do stack in the bag

pickpocket macro
#showtooltip Pick Pocket
/targetenemy
/Cast Pick Pocket
/cleartarget

Thanks for ALL the great info y'all! So my other questions...

If killed in the Tomb of Lights where do you rez?

Do the items you pickpocket stack with like items in your bags?
Very close and you spawn with a flying mount so can just fly straight in takes 20 secs to fly back.
Yes the items stack

chill out i gave loads of informative stuff and you dont care about that, just the 1 thing that was a bit skewed

smh
Dont care.

Also when/if killed, how far away do you rez?

Not that far. still by far best spot to get it. warlock pops up every 5 min.
just move back and let friendly nps take aggro.
The wall haxxx lizzard on left is something to get use to.

Users who are viewing this thread