PTR 24 Testing

Pattern

Phoenix
Good morning,

If your not living under a rock, you should have noticed that the PTR pre-patch is up and ready for testing. Character copies do seem to be down for the time being but the PTR now works on both MAC/PC, and if you already have old character copies they will be up and ready on the PTR.

The PTR can be downloaded in a few simple steps on Battle.net or in your Battlenet app. Once you install the PTR you can log right on and make a fresh 90, do some general testing and such and just kill time until the allow for character copies, in which case I would highly advise copying your 20-24 and doing some testing on new abilities, play styles, talents, specs, the works.

Arena's and Skirms are down, but Random BG's are up. At 20, we have EoTS and AV added to our que list *cheer*.

I myself have old copies of my twinks in various brackets on Broxigar US, Ana US, and Brill EU. If you would like to do some testing, just add my btag AriPhoenix#1134 (please add a note that you want to test on PTR), and we can get some testing going.

In general I would like the meeting place to be either Dal sewers or outside UC, but really any place goes as long as its generally accessible and not crowded beyond all hell (no Org cause of jaja's).

So test away, or go enjoy MoP pvp live, because this comes in a month.

All the best,

Pattern

I have a question, im on the PTr and can see my old characters, i see there is a button to " copy your character data" from the retail acc to the PTR, do you know how long this will take? and if it even works? I had a GM tell me they arnt bringing up the character copy on their website anymore, as it will be ingame, so the website one is out of the question haha.

edit: also the character data copy says "in progress" for over an hour lol soim guessing is it not working or rly rly slow.

I have a question, im on the PTr and can see my old characters, i see there is a button to " copy your character data" from the retail acc to the PTR, do you know how long this will take? and if it even works? I had a GM tell me they arnt bringing up the character copy on their website anymore, as it will be ingame, so the website one is out of the question haha.

edit: also the character data copy says "in progress" for over an hour lol soim guessing is it not working or rly rly slow.

I have talked to GM and he just blew me off and sent me to go check with forums and such, he too also mentioned all character copies going through the in game selection but that also seems to be down so its all messy to say the least. They probably will release character copies when they release the lvl 90 new UBRS on ptr, so a few days I would guess

I have talked to GM and he just blew me off and sent me to go check with forums and such, he too also mentioned all character copies going through the in game selection but that also seems to be down so its all messy to say the least. They probably will release character copies when they release the lvl 90 new UBRS on ptr, so a few days I would guess

they are up now! BUT! i cant copy ANY character that is level 1-9 :( WTF blizz... we were able to do this in every other ptr expack

BUT! i cant copy ANY character that is level 1-9 :( WTF blizz... we were able to do this in every other ptr expack
They changed their system regarding character copying, and part of the level 1-9 problem is that this new system requires an armory that's "seeable" through this url (or some other character armory system):
Code:
battle.net/wow/en/character/*insert server*/*character name*/simple
Thus 1-9s won't have much luck. :/ Same deal though applies to characters that the armory considers "inactive for too long", though that's quickly fixed by logging that character in once.

They changed their system regarding character copying, and part of the level 1-9 problem is that this new system requires an armory that's "seeable" through this url (or some other character armory system):
Code:
battle.net/wow/en/character/*insert server*/*character name*/simple
Thus 1-9s won't have much luck. :/ Same deal though applies to characters that the armory considers "inactive for too long", though that's quickly fixed by logging that character in once.

Oh wow, that's total BS. I swear, it's like blizz likes pissing people off.

Am testing Demo Warlock at 24 atm, but it is so bad, I mean comon having 3,3k hp in sp/crit gear and hitting Shadowbolts for 140 and Soulfire (ofc with molton core, reduces cast time in half so 1.9 secconds and always crit) for 144 damage, it is hitting for nothing while I get Hand of Guldan initial damage for 180 and ticks for 47 dmg p/tick.

Only fun part I see and which could be very handy and probably does the most dmg is just dotting everything up with 1 Hand of Guldan then Corruption (513 over 18 secconds) then changing forms then dot Chaos Wave (276 chaos damage) and Doom (1268 over 1 min) followed by main damage source which is Drain Life (402 shadow damage and healing 9% of total health over 5.69 secconds) which kinda has the same dmg output as SB and SF by increasing by 50% through Harvest Life Talent. If you are full with or have enough Demo Fury instant Touch of Chaos in demon form for 106 doesn't cut it either. I mean you will be dead before doing so but I suppose very powerfull in group play after dotting everything up.

Affliction has just to few tools to even try it out though Seed of Corruption sounds pretty funny (246 damage over 17 secconds and explodes for 180 when the target takes 246 damage or when the target is killed to all enemies within 10 yards).

Destro is probably king with hitting Conflagrate for 420 instant and Chaos Bolt for 555 (getting crits for 1500 ingame atm) after a 2.85 cast and will cost 1 burning ember. Incenerate for 297 (crits for 900) 1.9 seccond cast and Immolate for 103 1.42 seccond cast and 515 over 15 secconds. Ember Tap heals for 11% of total health and Rain of Fire 336 dmg over 5.69 seccond cast with 50% increased dmg to targets affected by Imolate.

And freeking dots on warlock keep continueing after the use of Soulstone ressurection wtf is this haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread