PTR 20-29. What are the classes looking like at the moment

handsomedgc

Scum of the earth
I've been having some fun on the PTR and testing some specs at 20-29. I've found some specs deal insane amount of damage while others don't.

My findings thus far

Warlock

All 3 specs seem good again, even demo. Affliction can oneshot with their new talent 'Deathbolt' if the target has 5 UA's on them (Easier than it sounds). Destruction seem to do a ton of damage and with baked in backdraft they are extremely strong. Demolock is getting felguard back and that boy has a lot off CC...

Hunter
Beastmastery became the new survival hunter. With barbed shot plus BW they can kill anyone in seconds. Also cobrashot reduces the cooldown of kill command for some insane burst + they can have 2 pets now :^). Marksman looks to be the most consistent damage dealer and survival isn't really the retard spec anymore. They rely more on dots than upfront damage.

Shaman
Both DPS specs of shaman don't do great damage sadly. Elemental blast just tickels just as your lavabursts. The upside is is that the healingspec is looking really strong.

Currently testing more specs, if anyone wants to help and do a little write-up on what they feel is good (and tested it) leave it in the reply section,

Last edited:
Ele and enha seem to deal very low dmg doing 2k dmg in 3minutes time while a bm or mm hunter will do over 2k dmg with a single rapid fire or 1 aimed shot and a pet bite.

Arms warrior looking strong as ever, with overpower taking the role of a "budget" colossus smash (30% more mortal strike damage on next swing)
Free executes from sudden death procs

Paladin is actually looking like dogshit but protection paladin does have a lot of tankiness against mele

rippppppp

Paladin is actually looking like dogshit but protection paladin does have a lot of tankiness against mele
Vet rets still feel like they got a good amount of game (in my humble opinion), at least in the open world, especially if the Crusader weapon enchant continues to be as strong as it is on live and PTR. While their rotations are slower now [at least for below rank 2 crusader strikes] with the CD of crusader strike bumped from 4.5 sec to 6 sec, they can still pool their holy power and heavy-hitter abilities for a "burst" rotation dump. And they seem to continue to have one of the highest 1.5 sec heal cast outputs amongst the various hybrids.

Of course, they're as kitable as rets are on live.

And from my limited experience playing with healer specs (f2ps, no vet enchants), Mist monk's ST heals (instant-casting 1.5 sec cast heals and HoTs -while- channel-healing simultaneously) look and feel decently strong (though vulnerable to kicks), especially when compared with disc heals.

That said though, we'll have to wait and see how the classes pan out, especially since BFA is 2 months away and they're still (hopefully) tuning and adjusting the numbers.

Last edited:
rippppppp
Vet rets still feel like they got a good amount of game (in my humble opinion), at least in the open world, especially if the Crusader weapon enchant continues to be as strong as it is on live and PTR. While their rotations are slower now [at least for below rank 2 crusader strikes] with the CD of crusader strike bumped from 4.5 sec to 6 sec, they can still pool their holy power and heavy-hitter abilities for a "burst" rotation dump. And they seem to continue to have one of the highest 1.5 sec heal cast outputs amongst the various hybrids.

Of course, they're as kitable as rets are on live.

And from my limited experience playing with healer specs (f2ps, no vet enchants), Mist monk's ST heals (instant-casting 1.5 sec cast heals and HoTs -while- channel-healing simultaneously) look and feel decently strong (though vulnerable to kicks), especially when compared with disc heals.

That said though, we'll have to wait and see how the classes pan out, especially since BFA is 2 months away and they're still (hopefully) tuning and adjusting the numbers.
Yeah no I take it back I made the assumption without looking at the other classes. I’m easily downing healers In ret and bet goohd in a duel as prot while he was BM the said to be “op” spec of hunter rapid fire barely scratched me with all prot buffs up

How does 29 Rogue look in BFA? It's the only 29 twink(ish) I don't have, but I was not really impressed with them at the 19s so I did not bother.

prot warrior 29 you get double charge and leap

29 frost mage unstoppable class with double freeze and burst

29 bm hunter you get rage and pet stun 1m cd

prot warrior 29 you get double charge and leap

29 frost mage unstoppable class with double freeze and burst

29 bm hunter you get rage and pet stun 1m cd
Thanks for the warrior news, they totally didn't have that in legion...

Can anybody test affliction warlock dot damage in ptr ryt now cause in wowhead it seems very low compared to immolate and s.priest dots

Users who are viewing this thread