PSA: Less than 12 hours till the Classic "pre-launch"

Sin'dor

Veteran
Just a friendly reminder that in the 5 hours before the launch of Classic™, a number of significant events will occur:
  • 5-hours-before: Blizzard™ will bring 9 new Realms (US/EU/PvP/PvE) online.
    • Most of the original Realms from the "name reservation" event are "beyond capacity" and are expected to have multi-hour queues when trying to log-in... so anyone with the flexibility to do so should seriously consider adopting a newer Realm as their main-character's "home".
    • (...besides, what could possibly be more gangsta' than becoming "Grand Marshall of Bigglesworth"?)
  • 5-hours-before: Blizzard™ will rescind the "3 Character Limit".
    • Only being able to "reserve" 3 names forced everyone to make some difficult choices... but once that limit is eliminated, you might as well attempt to snatch every name you "value" on every possible Realm.
    • (...especially on the newest ones, even if it's "just in case".)
  • 4-hours-before: Kickoff to WoW Classic will stream live from the Las Vegas eSports arena.
    • If you simply can't wait to start your nostalgia-trip, they will be hosting a sort of Classic™ mini-Blizzcon "featuring interviews, panels with top streamers, cosplayers, discussion with one of the WoW-devs, viewer giveaways, and more"...
  • ???-hours-before: Server-restarts, and the opportunity to "avoid the queue".
    • According to the Classic™ Senior Software Engineer, they are likely to take the servers offline for maintenance at some point in the hours/minutes before launch.
    • However... he also said that as soon as the servers are online again, you should be able to connect to your desired Realm (ahead of the actual launch) and your character's "Enter World" button will eventually "light up" once the official launch occurs.
    • (...if you wait until "launch time" to attempt connecting to your Realm, you could end-up stuck in a queue for who-knows-how-long.)
That's all I got... it's been a long wait for Classic™, and I sincerely hope for each of you that it lives-up to whatever your expectations may be! ;)

GL,HF! :D

I've already masturbated in advance, to compensate for my lack of masturbation over these next few days.
My freezer is full conventional foods, and my refrigerator is full of monster energy drinks.
I dont have work for at least another week, and my addons are already installed.

I, Jwl, am ready for classic WOW.

I've already masturbated in advance, to compensate for my lack of masturbation over these next few days.
My freezer is full conventional foods, and my refrigerator is full of monster energy drinks.
I dont have work for at least another week, and my addons are already installed.

Omegalul!

Dont forget the diapers mate.

[...] I, Jwl, am ready for classic WOW.
Finally.gif

Food.gif

5 hours before launch - sleeping
4 hours before launch - sleeping
3 hours before launch - sleeping
Launch - off the jolly work.......
Love ya Blizz, World Wide launch that screws the Aussies........
Well, on the bright side, maybe queues will be quicker when all u lot go to sleep :p

Users who are viewing this thread