PSA: How to Preserve BOP Items for Future Twinks

Symandria

Legend
Hi Everyone : )

I believe I've found a way to preserve items like Serpent's Shoulders for future twinks. I hate the idea of having an unfair unobtainable advantage over future twinks. I'm all for hard work, but I like a fair level playing field!

The answer:

Wrapping Paper

When wrapping an item the game checks a number of things to make sure it's allowed to wrap the item up, notably it's impossible to wrap soul-bound items. Gift-Wrapped presents are not soul-bound and can be traded. This means you can wrap up items that will become soul-bound and should be able to trade them to others later : )

Everyone should wrap their items that will become BOP in this fashion so there is a supply to trade or sell later.

It goes without saying the demand for these items will exist. People paid a LOT of money for Naxx enchants, and people will want to have the only obtainable best in slot enchanted items when BC comes out. So over time they will be worth a LOT of gold or $$.

I'm giving this secret to the community so that we can all play the game we love, and preserve a level playing field for much longer!

It has now been tested on the PTR and DOES NOT work : ( Oh well, guess grandfathered gear is still going to exist.

Edit 2: Looks like it did in fact work! If you see people with the shoulders, this was the method they used.

Last edited:
Just tried it on the beta. The gift becomes soulbound when serpent's shoulders are inside.
EDIT: It was wrapped on live. Not possible to wrap Serpent's Shoulders on the beta.
upload_2021-4-9_18-14-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-9_18-13-40.png
    upload_2021-4-9_18-13-40.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread