Prot warrior

poppabear

Grandfathered
soooo.....Played with prot warrior a little and it is actually viable. Can someone check a pvp talent for me? I cannot get Dragon Charge to work. wondering if its an addon im using or just a glitch. I get an error that says "target too low"

Last edited:
When I tried prot, I felt rage starved and I didnt have enough utility outside of slows with thunder clap and the occasional storm bolt. I just felt like I didn't have anything to do, and nothing really dealt much damage. If I was put 1v1 with someone it probably wouldnt have gone well for me. How are you getting by?

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

ive been finding it fun and very viable. Running impending victory, bounding stride and dragon roar with morale killer pvp talent. The dragon roar scales in bg to 700 physical damage to all within 12 yards and reduce speed by 50% for 6 seconds. Drums, Mighty rage potion, shield block (30% to slam), Avatar (20% dmg inc), intercept into middle, dragon roar/ramsteins, thats 2k minimum immediate aoe and slow without a crit! A 50% damage increase on shield slam to a healer...bruh... Plus, if things get sketchy, intercept to your healer or heroic leap away. The mobility is CRAZY. it is fast paced as hell and melee so you have to enjoy that playstyle. :)

Hey that sounds like what I do on my shaman, except I die lol!

Soon as the gates drop, I grab zerker, mount up and ride straight into the clump of alliance. Pop wolves, earth elemental, troll racial and blow ramsteins and crash lightning. Stun totem and stormstrike the healer as much as I can.

Most of the time I die, but usually get an insta Rez at the spirit healer and then I play conservatively lol! The most fun playstyle of anything I've played so far lol!

started stacking vers on my prot and always top 2-3 dps now. Seems to be working....still tweaking stuff though. anyone else running prot?

I think I might have played against you just a bit ago in EoTS. You were 2nd on damage, above everyone else, for the whole BG as prot.

I think I might have played against you just a bit ago in EoTS. You were 2nd on damage, above everyone else, for the whole BG as prot.

yeah that was him lol in most games he tops at prot. Pretty interesting to see a tank at the top since normally you hate seeing tanks in games.

yes, what was making you hit so freakin hard!?!? haha...that was a good game.

PHUu3GD.png

Here is my damage breakdown for that battleground.

Anyone mind linking their Prot warrior to me, or anyone mind telling me if theres any difference in stat prio in prot compared to arms/fury?

Also What are the BiS shields/weps for them, im getting back into this game and 49 prot war is something i love due to their movement!

How do you feel Ironfoe is doing, proc-wise?
I snatched up a cheap ilvl 56 Krol Blade earlier today, and was wondering if it was even worth using or if I should start farming Ironfoe instead.
It lacks behind on str and stam, but has 11 crit and higher damage (8.34 dps). I've mainly played as fury so far, so I'm not sure how exactly the weights looks for prot.

ironfoe procs quite a bit actually, i havent crunched the numbers, but beating on the kultiras 49 dummy, it procced enough for me to be annoyed that i couldnt type (it makes you speak dwarvish) in chat. lol.

Oh, that sounds pretty sweet.
I guess I'll have to figure out the best way of boosting in there.. long time since I last had an active 2nd account, but I guess that makes it quite a bit easier.
Haven't been online to check, but do you know if Hand of Justice scale to 49 as well? I know it was pretty solid back when I twinked at 60, but dunno if there have been changes to how it works - or if the MH dmg is just too low to even make it worth losing the stat stick / rams.

There is an entire thread on Hand of Justice lol.
It seems no one really likes it. But you'll surely grab one on your way to an Ironfoe, so you could try for yourself.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Do you think that prot will be even worth rolling with the nerfs on rammsteins just around the corner? <3

Users who are viewing this thread