Prot Paladin stats

Nikademus

Just wondering what ideal stats would be for a prot paladin. also if there are soft caps for crit and if for a lvl 10 is haste really that much needed i would assume it would be better to run strength-crit multi gems than to go with haste-vers. Any help would be appreciated.

Crusader can be all your strength if you like, it procs a ton, and haste decreases the the cooldown of your main attacks.

Sockets are going to rule, just see what you feel like after you get those pieces. Toss at least a few talasites in there, IMO.

I am working for the doomguard hands at the moment but feel free to look at my armory Shaliaryke I would post the link but i'm not allowed yet. any suggestions would be welcome
[doublepost=1614280336,1614279566][/doublepost]it hasn't updated updated yet but i got the Circle Stalwart helm and 3 socket with strength and crit +2

If you're talking about https://www.wowhead.com/item=27497/doomplate-gauntlets?bonus=6710 the first boss in that instance drops better gloves, and easier.

He also drops 3 socket pants which arent BiS but will serve you just fine until you upgrade or even if you dont.

Ramparts and Blood furnace drop lots of what you'll need, but The underbog drops as good or better for many slots. I'd suggest you read the guides for gearing a 10, I'm going from memory here and I never finished mine cuz no need to.

10 is super strong and you can get away with a lot less than best of the best if you just wanna have some fun. ;)

As a 10 prot paladin, you’ll pretty much want most stats over which stats. As long as you’re over like 1500 hp, you can go ham with str/crit gems or str/haste gems. If I had to compare stats 1:1 against each other I’d go for haste > mastery > vers > crit, but I wouldn’t take 1 of any over 2 of another.

Last edited:
I would go pure strength or 2/2 strength/stamina or a mix of steady talasites and +3 strength gems.

2/2 strength/stamina or a mix of steady talasites and +3 strength gems.

So instead of using 2/2 str/stam gems, using four 3str and two talasites gives the same stats as six 2/2 gems, plus gives you 8 extra armor from the talasites... basically in bulk 2/2 str/stam gems are a net loss. BUT are plenty if all you got.

Saying:

4x3 = 12 str
2x6 = 12 stam + 8 armor

6x 2/2 = 12str/12stam

edit- i know that's what you were saying @Neon just visualizing it out for the OP.

Some of this choice depends on what you want to do with that 10 Protadin. If you are looking for nigh-unkillable then Steady Talasite until you reach ~50% Armor value (you'll end up around 1700 HP at that point) all the rest are 2/2 Parry/Dodge. You will still out DPS all but other 10-20 Twinks in Dungeons while half AFK Tanking.

If this is for Solo Dungeons. Solo w/e else you can think of then full Tanky is horrible. I'd Gem it like @Zerofoxtrot suggests.

For PvP I'd have to defer to others here, as I don't PvP much any more and haven't done any except the Event AV since Legion.

Thanks for the info and help. There aren't any talasites on the AC at the moment so i'll watch out for those and change as they come available. Just so i'm clear though currently i have 17 gem slots 1 is saved for Nightmare tear which is a +3 to all stats. For the other 16 what would be the ideal breakdown between 3 str and talasites.
# of slots
Head 3
Shoulders 2
Chest 3 (-1 for Nightmare)
Hands 2
Legs 3
Feet 2

Hey guys. New here but I'm running a lev 10 protadin. My main is a pally as well... Love my warriors of light.

My question is what is the better level to twink? 10 or 14? 10 is pretty slow but powerful. Would 14 be more destruction with a few more spells to cast or stay 10? Looking for max destruction during dungeon runs.

My question is what is the better level to twink? 10 or 14?

Both. ;)

If you decide to try 14, I'd just go 15 for the talent and extra dungeons/gear available. But no reason to end your 10 tho.

I'm a huge fan of prot pally 15, but i have a 10 too. You can solo gear them so there's no reason to choose only one.

Users who are viewing this thread